Door panels on 2005 Chevy 2500HD

SandBox_Kid

You sure you have to remove the whole panel.

Ive done some of these and I remember only taking off the corner piece.

I'd have to go look, but I don't think the newer model trucks have that corner piece that pulls out seperate from the rest of the door panel like the 88-98 C/K trucks.

You sure you have to remove the whole panel.

Ive done some of these and I remember only taking off the corner piece.

Yes...they have the corners that come off....but that doesn't get you to the hook ups at the switch. It looks like you should take the whole panel off in order to run the wire harness' properly. :xmas_grin:

Yes...they have the corners that come off....but that doesn't get you to the hook ups at the switch. It looks like you should take the whole panel off in order to run the wire harness' properly. :xmas_grin:

if you are talking about the window switches...they are not "popped on" like previous models. they are fastened from the inside with screws, i thinks. if you pry the switch panel, it will break and won't fit tight. pull the door panel and disconect harness connectors while holding the panel. B)

if you are talking about the window switches...they are not "popped on" like previous models. they are fastened from the inside with screws, i thinks. if you pry the switch panel, it will break and won't fit tight. pull the door panel and disconect harness connectors while holding the panel. B)

The switch panel pops off in the rear and screws off in the front. I can't seem to get the panel off around the actual locking mechanism. I have tried to pull the panel upwards, but it won't budge and I don't want to break anything. :xmas_grin:

The switch panel pops off in the rear and screws off in the front. I can't seem to get the panel off around the actual locking mechanism. I have tried to pull the panel upwards, but it won't budge and I don't want to break anything. :xmas_grin:

jerald if you want give me a call i am at work today and i can WALK YOU THROUGH IT!....PM SENT

hey, I tried :laughing:

It ain't over yet.....everything except the telescoping feature works. The blinkers and electric adjusters are working fine...they just don't wanna extend. Could my Diablosport tune have anything to do with it? Or, does the 2005 actually need to be reprogrammed also? :beercheers: I'm going to go back to the stock tune and see if it helps....either way it won't hurt especially if I have to get reprogrammed. Why can't I just hook my laptop up and do it? :slap: j/k

Anyone? Call me if you have any clues........ Gotta make Dumont tomorrow....and mirrors are a show stopper now.

It ain't over yet.....everything except the telescoping feature works. The blinkers and electric adjusters are working fine...they just don't wanna extend. Could my Diablosport tune have anything to do with it? Or, does the 2005 actually need to be reprogrammed also? :beercheers: I'm going to go back to the stock tune and see if it helps....either way it won't hurt especially if I have to get reprogrammed. Why can't I just hook my laptop up and do it? :slap: j/k

Anyone? Call me if you have any clues........ Gotta make Dumont tomorrow....and mirrors are a show stopper now.

Your son just called me. Put the mirror adjuster swith in the center position and puch the left button of the mirror adjust button. That should extend them out. Your Diablosport tuner has nothing to do with it.

If it still doesn't work you may need to have the driver door module reprogrammed. Come on down, we'll take care of it.

Your son just called me. Put the mirror adjuster swith in the center position and puch the left button of the mirror adjust button. That should extend them out. Your Diablosport tuner has nothing to do with it.

If it still doesn't work you may need to have the driver door module reprogrammed. Come on down, we'll take care of it.

Thanks again for the help...Jim, Bert and Pete....I'm duning tomorrow. :laughoff: