FRESHWATER FREEZE UP!?

aseman

I was in Dumont last mlk weekend and saturday night my water lines froze up (or which I believe they did since they started working fine hours later). Have any of you experienced this issue???? And what do you do to help prevent it??? :chev_bowtie: I have a 23ft. attitude toyhauler.

lol mine froze in the driveway and blew the bottom out of the filter under the sink. i have to investigate fo anymore damage when it warms up today i dunno if it works or helps but i left my heater on at 50 degrees to try to keep it warm .

i would love to hear some more tips .........................................................

This has nothing to do with preventing it once you already have your hauler, but I've seen heated fresh water tanks as an option when buying a hauler new. I know, it does no good now but is a good tip to those who plan on getting a hauler.

thats what im trying my filter blew up everything else seems ok

Bob did it even get warm enough to truly check everything out I'm just up the road from you in oak hills and its not even getting over 36 in the middle of the day. The hose bibs havent work for 2 weeks dont know how I'm going to fill the trailer up also found out I'm not running enough antifreeze in the rail went to check the fluids before I loaded found the radiator frozen :laughoff: lets hope the trailer has no problems wont know until I get somewhere warmer like dumont this weekend.....

the only test i could make is to turn the heater up to 75 and run untill noon then i turned on all the water and let them run. then i shut everything off and listened no run away pump all devices are pumping i think maybe the water tanks are insulated the only frozen line was the filter. all i can do is hope i left the heater on in the motorhome at 50 degrees hopefully no more freez ups :praying:

my buggy is 90 % antifreez i dont believe it could freez but one never knows.......................................

Edited by barefoot bob

Still have to check all my stuff when I get off in the morning. I did get it drained though and have a space heater inside now to hopefully help out some. We'll see tomorrow when I try to run some water through the lines....Semper Fi, Woody :headbang1:

r6shee did you have your heater turned up in the trailer?

I was hoping that you can get enough radiant heat from the trailer to keep them from freezing, hard to justify the money for the few times I would use it.

YES INDEED. I did have the furnace/heater on all evening @ 73f. I turned it on from sundown til the morning around 10 am. Still wondering if it was a freeze up or a problem with my pump, but it's the first and last time it's ever happened. The evening low was around 20f. or so, that's what leads me to believe it froze.

I'll look into the heaters and insulation, I believe more so for the freshwater lines/hoses since those probably freeeze up first :DDRrocks: