Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Rick,

I've owned a sandcar for about 17years. so here's my $.03

My first car was a VW beam front end and swing axle trans. I used to wash it with soap and the hose. then I'd blow it off with compressed air.

I don't think this is the best way. water WILL get into areas and rust. :beercheers:

.

.

So now, with the new car that I got a couple years ago, I got a new way of cleaning.

1. vac out the seats.

2. (outside) blow the car off with compressed air.

3. wipe it down with a damp towel. This will leave streaks for now its ok.

4. use a product by Turtle Wax called ICE. This stuff is awesome. Squirt it on a small terrycloth rag. Wipe it allover the car in sections. let it dry, and use a micro-fiber towel to polish it off. Wallllla, Should look good.

sound like a lot of work? Well it is when you'd rather be BLOGGIN' on DDR. :laughoff:

Good luck,

R-

Interested to hear others ideas. :laughoff:

Posted

Hey Rannder we all want to see your first car pictures on DDR. :beercheers: you know which one.

runabout :laughoff:

wiping down is great on the rail.

Air compressor is awesome and easy. :D

Good info Bro :laughoff:

Posted

Here's my $.03.................I basically do the same as Randog. I wipe it all down (Top, bottom, and underneath) with a damp towel or I use window cleaner without alcohol. I hit the car with compressed air, including the engine. Then I vacum out the seats. Once that's done, I use a liquid wax and wax the frame, and side panels. I use aluminum polish on the wheels, beam, and anything else that is chrome. I have an open trailer, so it does get dirty from the drive in. But then I hit it with compressed air and a damp cloth and it's good as new. Along with my usual maintenance of my car it sounds like a lot, but what can I say, I love the hobby so I gladly do it so I can enjoy, and look half decent doing it................ :beercheers:

Posted

Dont look at as just wiping it down to look good you're also checking all the welds and fasteners just something else to think about..... air and the spry wax's are great

Posted

Dont look at as just wiping it down to look good you're also checking all the welds and fasteners just something else to think about..... air and the spry wax's are great

Now mike156739284 has an excellent point there :D

Posted

I hit the engine with air then vac out the seats. Then use Pledge and a rag to wipe everything down.

Of course I am in Oregon and it has been known to rain once and a while. So after those wet weekends I have needed to use a hose but be careful of where I am spraying and wipe everything down REAL good after.

Posted

and after all that and the polishing and the preening and the loving strokes you pull it out of the hauler pull around to your rig unload the rest of the camp turn around and BLAMO one dust ball shaped as a dune buggy.

lol .no ty, soap and water thanks................... :monkeedance2:

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

compressed air and Meguires quik detailer

Leaf blower and Meguires quik detailer (SP?) all the while tightening bolts and checking welds :mc_smiley:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...