SIDE BY SIDE CREW

rhino king

notice I didn't dog rails???

my point is that everybody has their own idea, and needs, of dune transportation.

instead of hammering people for their choice of dune transportation, why don't we, as a duning community, welcome them.

in the final solution, what would we be teaching the next generation of duners by factioning the duning community by what their choice of transportation is?

divide and conquer is a term frequently used by the sierra club, who just happens to be doing a study on a lizard @ dumont.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many ho's you gonna pull with those??? :bump:

:mc_smiley:

Can the side by sides dune like a rail? NO, but..............compare the costs of the side by sides with a rail. I picked my ranger up for 10grand. what kind of NEW rail can you get for 10 grand??? one that is about as capable as my ranger, but wait, there's more. my ranger can carry three people stock. it also has AWD, 2 wheel lock, and 1 rwd. what does a rail come with?? locked 2wd???

Define your idea of "sucking" in the dunes.My ranger cannot hang with a rail, but it does just fine in the dunes. yes, you have to pick different lines, and no, you cannot climb the bigger hills, but it is still able to haul people around, and with three people, still does the dunes pretty impressively, imo. my idea of sucking in the dunes is not being able to climb anything, having to stay on the flats, and not being able to enjoy ANY part of the dunes. My ranger cannot access only about 10-20 percent of dumont dunes

Also pete, it seems that you, and the other rail owners I know are always breaking something, limping back to camp to wrench on something, or just working on your rails. My ranger hasn't missed a beat since I got it. I drive the shiat outta it, and all I have to do is change the oil every other trip, and dump gas into it....no spindles, broken welds, transmission failures....yada yada yada.

now, If i chose to dump another 10 grand into my ranger...engine upgrades, transmission beefup, frame gussets, etc, then I would be in rail territory, AND CONSTANTLY WORKING ON IT TOO. I don't go to the dunes to wrench on my shiat.

:flipoff::dunno:

Well I have a rail and my farm equipment, And I gotta say, farm equipment sucks for duning. I have a blast running around camp to camp and TRYING to play in the dunes in my farm equipment. Now the rail on the other hand. I have fun doing wheelies, going so fast I scare the shiat outta myself,etc. Yes It breaks, But I drive it like I stole it. Joeduner has a rail that is more dependable than my farm equipment will ever be.