SIDE BY SIDE CREW

rhino king

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn Pete, youre brutal :shake: farm equipment.

for the record, my family enjoys our "farm equipment". yeah, it doesnt dune like the DS does, but dammit, it gets me up to superbowl. AND I didn't have to take a second or a HELOC out to get the damn thing :laughoff::flipoff:

:beercheers:

Have you ever driven a sxs ? makes me wonder what else you haven't done ? :headbang1:

:laughoff:

:dance:

yes i like that oldskool shait ,,these young punks calling rhinos farm equip,,,mmaann pete has a staick in his as@@ because he is getting a new rail...that ill crumb on when he gets it!!!stay dunning with that rail and watch those spindles :idiot::flipoff::laughoff::dope:

You guys are BOTH missing my point. I only clown on the Rhinos because they aren't DUNE-ABLE toys...they suck in the dunes. You have to strategically follow gradual lines to get up a dune. :idiot: :mc_smiley:

Are they fun- yes! Do they compare to a rail- NO! I'd love to have one for reasons I already mentioned earlier....cruising to comp or camp to camp, etc. I think it's pathetic when people dump tons of cash into these things as their only dune toy and expect them to dune though. :gayboy:

I hate when someone says he's getting a rail (and starts a 7 page thread about it :headbang1: ) but will never have the walnuts to drive it in the dunes. I remeber the screams from JoeDuner's car on that #3 paced ride. :mc_smiley:

And why does my rail have anything to do with this thread? I don't care if you like my new rail or not. :beercheers:

im not going to,,,im going to dump some more money into my farm toy!!

hmm had to edit that one huh? I can handle it, Kenny. It's ok Farm boy. :headbang1: :mc_smiley:

Everyone sing it with me now....."Greeeen Acres is the place to beeee. faaaarm living is the life to lead" :beercheers:

I hate when someone says he's getting a rail (and starts a 7 page thread about it :headbang1: ) but will never have the walnuts to drive it in the dunes. I remeber the screams from JoeDuner's car on that #3 paced ride. :mc_smiley:

And why does my rail have anything to do with this thread? I don't care if you like my new rail or not. :beercheers:

yep i know ,im glad i did not get a raill...i dont have the balls to get one....what does farm equip have to do with this thread????i wasnt talikn about your rail,,i will love your rail cause its red,,, :dance:

maybe he is just jealous that your gettin a new one and hes stuck with his invisarail :dance:

yep i know ,im glad i did not get a raill...i dont have the balls to get one....what does farm equip have to do with this thread????i wasnt talikn about your rail,,i will love your rail cause its red,,, :mc_smiley:

haha its gonan be blue :headbang1:

yep i know ,im glad i did not get a raill...i dont have the balls to get one....what does farm equip have to do with this thread????i wasnt talikn about your rail,,i will love your rail cause its red,,, :flipoff:

Because you brought up my rail and talked crap about it, then edited your post because you must have thought it was too harsh or something. I don't care though, I'm laughing my azz off right now because I think its hilarious. :dance: :dope:

And hey, you probably won't like my rail anyways because I changed the color- it's not gonna be red anymore. Besides, as you said, it "doesn't have real suspension and is only a quarter of a real sandrail" anyways. I don't care who likes it or who doesn't though. :laughoff: I know I'll love it as I'm blasting through the dunes. :laughoff:

:headbang1:

back to your regularly scheduled farm equipment thread :laughoff: ...... :mc_smiley: :beercheers:

wow you f'ers are gettin a little to into this sh*t and chase STFU the only things you have are 2 broken a$$ dodges and a blown up honda 450 so eat sh** ***** :mc_smiley: :headbang1:

Edited by dunefreak

are you freaking kidding me? :dope: DUNING doens't involve farm equipment. :headbang1: For God's sake...just use the damn thing for what it's good for....cruising over to comp or camp to camp :mc_smiley: ....or hauling firewood from your truck to the camp fire! :laughoff: :dance:

Dan try using a period once in a while. :laughoff:

wtf pete your an english teacher now? are you that fuggin bored. :beercheers:

:hello: blue oh no i smell gay!!! :banghead::unsure:

Pete came to pick me up in Tim's rhino to cruise from camp to camp, and I thought he looked a little like a poop-d*** in it. Especially with all those stars all over it... Oh wait, isn't that R.K's old ride?

Now if he rolled up in a sexy BLUE brandnew sandrail, MMMMMM HMMMM!!

I do have to admit that one of the best times I've had @ Dumont was w/ Tim in his green Rhino, but only because I couldn't stop laughing at us trying to make it UP anything. And I was wasted.

your farm equipment crew aint shiat compared to mine

post-915-1171333636.jpg

how many ho's you gonna pull with those??? :hello:

:banghead:

You guys are BOTH missing my point. I only clown on the Rhinos because they aren't DUNE-ABLE toys...they suck in the dunes. You have to strategically follow gradual lines to get up a dune. :drinkbeer::unsure:

Are they fun- yes! Do they compare to a rail- NO! I'd love to have one for reasons I already mentioned earlier....cruising to comp or camp to camp, etc. I think it's pathetic when people dump tons of cash into these things as their only dune toy and expect them to dune though. :drinkbeer:

Can the side by sides dune like a rail? NO, but..............compare the costs of the side by sides with a rail. I picked my ranger up for 10grand. what kind of NEW rail can you get for 10 grand??? one that is about as capable as my ranger, but wait, there's more. my ranger can carry three people stock. it also has AWD, 2 wheel lock, and 1 rwd. what does a rail come with?? locked 2wd???

Define your idea of "sucking" in the dunes.My ranger cannot hang with a rail, but it does just fine in the dunes. yes, you have to pick different lines, and no, you cannot climb the bigger hills, but it is still able to haul people around, and with three people, still does the dunes pretty impressively, imo. my idea of sucking in the dunes is not being able to climb anything, having to stay on the flats, and not being able to enjoy ANY part of the dunes. My ranger cannot access only about 10-20 percent of dumont dunes

Also pete, it seems that you, and the other rail owners I know are always breaking something, limping back to camp to wrench on something, or just working on your rails. My ranger hasn't missed a beat since I got it. I drive the shiat outta it, and all I have to do is change the oil every other trip, and dump gas into it....no spindles, broken welds, transmission failures....yada yada yada.

now, If i chose to dump another 10 grand into my ranger...engine upgrades, transmission beefup, frame gussets, etc, then I would be in rail territory, AND CONSTANTLY WORKING ON IT TOO. I don't go to the dunes to wrench on my shiat.

:laughoff::laughoff:

Edited by RICHARDCHEESE

Can the side by sides dune like a rail? NO, but..............compare the costs of the side by sides with a rail. I picked my ranger up for 10grand. what kind of NEW rail can you get for 10 grand??? one that is about as capable as my ranger, but wait, there's more. my ranger can carry three people stock. it also has AWD, 2 wheel lock, and 1 rwd. what does a rail come with?? locked 2wd???

:hello::banghead: Since your comparing apples to oranges here's my thoughts.

My under 10k sandrail can access 100% of the dunes in Dumont. Everything on that rail is NEW. I would say that my ol skool sandrail is way more capable in the dunes than any side by side.

normal_Veterans_Day_2005_-_Amargosa_(7).JPG

Besides....this was a project that my son and I worked on together. There's no way I'm going to get that outta buying a Ranger. Or, do I need to spend 20k to even be considered a rail owner?

OlSkoolKrew_5.gif:unsure:

:laughoff::laughoff: Since your comparing apples to oranges here's my thoughts.

My under 10k sandrail can access 100% of the dunes in Dumont. Everything on that rail is NEW. I would say that my ol skool sandrail is way more capable in the dunes than any side by side.

normal_Veterans_Day_2005_-_Amargosa_(7).JPG

Besides....this was a project that my son and I worked on together. There's no way I'm going to get that outta buying a Ranger. Or, do I need to spend 20k to even be considered a rail owner?

OlSkoolKrew_5.gif:unsure:

talking about apples to oranges....... when I said new rail, meant walking into a showroom, justl ike a dealership, and purchasing a turnkey......

granted, what you did with your son is cool, and is a type of investment of personal time, and father/son relationship that shows with pride every time you take that rail out.

could I have built something that is more dune specific than my ranger for under 10 grand???? hell yeah......do i have the time....hell no!!!

btw...does your rail have a trailer hitch??

:hello:

how would it do with a trailer of hay bails?

btw...does your rail have a trailer hitch??

No...but I have pulled a rail back from the with it:north_pole: ....and that's what I bought my truck for.

how would it do with a trailer of hay bails?

:unsure:

talking about apples to oranges....... when I said new rail, meant walking into a showroom, justl ike a dealership, and purchasing a turnkey......

Underdogged once again. :laughoff: Damn can't get any respect. post-475-1171388323.jpg

:hello:

how many ho's you gonna pull with those??? :hello:

Define your idea of "sucking" in the dunes.My ranger cannot hang with a rail, but it does just fine in the dunes. yes, you have to pick different lines, and no, you cannot climb the bigger hills, but it is still able to haul people around, and with three people, still does the dunes pretty impressively, imo. my idea of sucking in the dunes is not being able to climb anything, having to stay on the flats, and not being able to enjoy ANY part of the dunes. My ranger cannot access only about 10-20 percent of dumont dunes

Also pete, it seems that you, and the other rail owners I know are always breaking something, limping back to camp to wrench on something, or just working on your rails. My ranger hasn't missed a beat since I got it. I drive the shiat outta it, and all I have to do is change the oil every other trip, and dump gas into it....no spindles, broken welds, transmission failures....yada yada yada.

now, If i chose to dump another 10 grand into my ranger...engine upgrades, transmission beefup, frame gussets, etc, then I would be in rail territory, AND CONSTANTLY WORKING ON IT TOO. I don't go to the dunes to wrench on my shiat.

:drinkbeer::laughoff:

ok you made your point. :drinkbeer:

To each their own :banghead::unsure:

You have fun in that there Ranger...I'll have fun in my rail. :drinkbeer: