question about paddles

metalalien

I just can't believe how hard it is to find a varity of sandrail paddles for sale... been searching for days and I can only find a few...

Could some of you point me in the right direction? I could only find like 2 sets of rail tires on ebay!!

What I am looking for is a set of rear paddles that will fit 15x12 wheels... but I need them to be shorter than 30 inches! I need lowish profile sand paddles...

This is for a project (atv if you can believe that) and I need the shorter paddles... I know they are out there I see them all the time... I just didn't think it would be so hard to find some... used is totally ok... In fact used might be better...

Thanks guys.

THIS is what I am asking you to save me from becuase if I can't find low profile tires than I will have to settle for normal sand rail tries!!!!

You wouldn't want THIS to be me would you? I'll do it!!!!!! Don't push me!! :offtopic:

crude fake pic included. :)

:whistle: go with ones just a little bigger :whistle:

:offtopic: go with ones just a little bigger :whistle:

Not with only a +4 swingarm... the footpegs are already going to be close. Turning them won't be a problem, the bike has 130hp.... it's just finding something that will at the same time look really cool and at least KIND of fit....LOL

it's more for show than anything else...

Edited by metalalien

get the 26" Sand Blasters from STU.

They use them on motorcycle powered cars.

Those don't appear to be offered to fit a 15" wheel (I have the wheels)... hmm, I'm looking for something more ridculous. keep the ideas coming though...

You'd think Vegas would be crawling with sandrail dealers...

This pic is before the swingarm extension.

post-1362-1172216717.jpg

The smallest paddle they make in a 15 is a 1300 which is still to big.

The sand blaster 26 is a 10 or 12 inch wheel.

Hmm, that's good to know...I'll start looking for tires I like at dumont and just write down the name and maybe ask where they got them. The size isn't the problem... like I said this is more for looks it's just the clearence issues which I can work around....

Oh and I've still got my 25" Stat Traks (which is what I normally run) so I can change back anytime I want...

post-1362-1172245118.jpg

Not with only a +4 swingarm... the footpegs are already going to be close. Turning them won't be a problem, the bike has 130hp.... it's just finding something that will at the same time look really cool and at least KIND of fit....LOL

it's more for show than anything else...

It was a joke metal.... :beercheers:

For the pictures!!! :dope: Lemme put it this way, my plastic is covered in diamond plate, clearly style is more important than speed to me.. :dance:

Thanks guys (even you offroadracer...LOL) , I'll check out fullerton and keep my eyes open...

no problem just givin you a hard time :clap: good luck with the project

If you are interested in a set of used 26" Sand Tires Unlimited paddles that are 12" diameter rim, let me know. I have a set off my old minirail. :beercheers:

Yea send me a pic... 26 sounds a bit small though...

Check out these mock up pics (photo edits) I did just now... 30" isn't so bad now is it? I think it looks pretty cool!!

post-1362-1172462330.jpg

post-1362-1172462345.jpg

Yea send me a pic... 26 sounds a bit small though...

Check out these mock up pics (photo edits) I did just now... 30" isn't so bad now is it? I think it looks pretty cool!!

26"...small? :finger: You're friggin nuts. :beercheers:

Here are a couple pics of them when they were on my car...

(they are up in UT right now though so I can't take any new pics)

post-3-1172467801.jpg

post-3-1172467830.jpg

What axles are you going to run?

Until the stockers give me a reason to change I wasn't planning to doing aftermarket. Clearence won't be a problem. Bikes like mine (or the related utility verions) back east do ATV pulls kinda like a tractor pull... running 60 pound 30 inch tires and the transmission and drive train hold up just fine. 4wd versions run four of those fat boys... :)

This pic is not a photo edit.. four 58 pound 30 inch tires. :)

EDIT: thanks for the pic dunefreak, those look great but I kinda want something bigger... I don't think those would offend enough people! :blink:

post-1362-1172504059.jpg

Edited by metalalien

For the pictures!!! :watching: Lemme put it this way, my plastic is covered in diamond plate, clearly style is more important than speed to me.. :laughoff:

Thanks guys (even you offroadracer...LOL) , I'll check out fullerton and keep my eyes open...

LOL hey atleast that is an honest answer lol

Until the stockers give me a reason to change I wasn't planning to doing aftermarket. Clearence won't be a problem. Bikes like mine (or the related utility verions) back east do ATV pulls kinda like a tractor pull... running 60 pound 30 inch tires and the transmission and drive train hold up just fine. 4wd versions run four of those fat boys... :)

This pic is not a photo edit.. four 58 pound 30 inch tires. :)

EDIT: thanks for the pic dunefreak, those look great but I kinda want something bigger... I don't think those would offend enough people! :laughoff:

:watching: thats alot of rubber

Here's another reason I am looking for huge paddles..

I make a 500lb quad... look small!!! My poor engine is pushing nearly 1000lbs up the hill!! :DDRrocks:

I just bought some 27" tall tires for my little sand rail but they are for a 13" rim and that won't work. They are brand new and have never been mounted. Let me know if you are interested. I will be at DD in mid April