Duramax oil

racegirl04

Getting ready to change the oil in our 06 LBZ and was wondering if you :laughoff: guys have any thoughts on what oil to use. We're thinking about going to synthetic. We're looking at Shell Rotella and Amsoil. Anybody have any advise?

The shell Rotella is good but I would use Chevron Delo 400 15w40.Synthetic is only good if you are going to race the truck(extreme conditions) or if you plan on not changing it every 3000 miles which isnt good for a diesel anyways due to all the particulates in diesel fuel and oil.You will find Delo and Rotella at all major diesel repair shops and truck lube places.

The delo is what we have Pete.

The shell Rotella is good but I would use Chevron Delo 400 15w40.Synthetic is only good if you are going to race the truck(extreme conditions) or if you plan on not changing it every 3000 miles which isnt good for a diesel anyways due to all the particulates in diesel fuel and oil.You will find Delo and Rotella at all major diesel repair shops and truck lube places.

The delo is what we have Pete.

i WONDER WHY THE CHEVY DASHBOARD THING TELLS YOU TO CHANGE THE OIL LIKE EVERY 7500 MILES AND NOT AT 3000? I went by that indicator thing last time but from now on, every 3000 for me.

I use Rotella in my Ford but there right ether Rotella or Dello is good

I buy mine at Wally's world cheepest I have found it

:dance: :laughoff::ban-split: :argue:

Costco usually carry's it in the gallon jugs.. :D I used to get them when i did my ford and the semi's on the lot as well.

i WONDER WHY THE CHEVY DASHBOARD THING TELLS YOU TO CHANGE THE OIL LIKE EVERY 7500 MILES AND NOT AT 3000? I went by that indicator thing last time but from now on, every 3000 for me.

My Chevy (Burb) tells me at 3000 miles, but it is gas and not diesel. A good rule of thumb is every 3000 miles or 3 months, which ever comes first. :ban-split:

My Chevy (Burb) tells me at 3000 miles, but it is gas and not diesel. A good rule of thumb is every 3000 miles or 3 months, which ever comes first. :dunno:

my wife's tahoe has a percent thingy on the DIC....if I were to let it go from 100% to 0%, I would estimate that it would be around 7000 miles :worthless_without_pics:

i do it at every 3000 miles, or sooner, especially when we were towing the hauler with her tahoe :worthless_without_pics: