dumont 24/25 overnight trip

vegas style

I had a great weekend second in a row with one more to go :thumb: . i picked up the new banshee last week so i had to go for a test ride or 4. made it out the about 9am unloaded and met up with mrbrownsand and a friend of ours that just picked up a new lt450r. mr brown was having one of those days :flipoff: day! ill let him tell the stories if he wants. saturday the sun was warm and the dunes were rough but not too tore up. some nice dune lines on the north side. started getting hard to read around noon and with all the witches eyes bathtubs and steep razors we took a break and mister brown was in need of a easy chair and cold drinks just wasnt his day. my friend adam and i chilled untell about 2 then went on a couple of good long rides before he took off around 6. i was staying overnight and riding with a friend today so i was camped by myself. felt strange not being with a group but there were a number of us single rigs in the area bath#6. made some bbq and started a fire but the wind started blowing and getting stronger so put the fire out. locked the rides and shut the trailer down. fired up the tv/dvd and watched superman returns nice effects when the trailer is being rocked by the wind :wedgie: . blew strong all night. woke up around 8 with my friend knocking on the door (early riser!). he has a new gytr 700 first trip. so i woke up with a red bull and a ride :wedgie: . no wind today and the dunes were nice and smooth just like shaking a etch-a-scetch. took 2 long rides and was unimpressed with his 700 then he noticed he had the paddles on backward :beercheers: . told him that was one way to do a break in on the sand. took one more good ride and the 700 did much better! was getting hot so packed up and headed home.

it was a nice trip rode a ton.

think the banshee did great but IT NEEDS SHOCKS ALL AROUND! :wedgie:

the long travel is hard to get used too but it is real stable.

my friends want and need haulers.

it is getting hot out there i dont want summer to start. :idiot:

Hi DDR peeps :dunno: !

Let me :shots: about the worst day trip ever. :laughing: Nothing went right.

I had taken my bike in that week for some service and to add a tooth in the rear, just got it back the night before, took off at 7am w/ Adam. We get there and go for a ride waiting on Vegas to get there.

Just after Vegas shows up and before we go for a ride this guy :ban-cha: was pulling out in a 26’ racer trailer with artic cat and M&P Racing on the side of it, or something real close to that on the side of it, we didn’t get the plates. Well he left behind some 4x4 stolen road signs :crash: and a 50gal trash bag. :dope: I'm P'ed off. :angry22: we spend all that time cleaning up the week before and this guys here and My bike is cutting out in the bumps and down the hills. :laughing: Any shift in the bikes attitude or weight, shuts it down. NO motor at all.

So We all go for a ride, blow off the stupid pig and my bike cuts out at the most inopportune time that I almost ditch it at least three times, and I can’t take it any more. We go back and I start tearing the bike apart, all the plastics off checking the fuel lines and wiring, nothing looks wrong. A little bare wiring on one connector but that’s it. An hour and a half later it’s all back together. But it still sucks! :dunno::blink:

So now I’m $300 in on the parts and unnecessary service, :loser: (the bike ran great when I took it in) $100 in fuel, and my time is worth more than most people would expect, and my day is shot! I’m thinking this as I test ride my bike after putting it together. I turn around hell bent on going home but first let me pick up around the camp, as I do every time I head out, I’ll grab that bag O trash as I go next to it like John Wayne, STUPID I know.

post-2259-1175039475.jpg

YES :swords: :ninja:

post-2259-1175039511.jpg

DON'T :ban-cha: it's not nice

End of Day: After pulling 100000 needles from the finger tips, thanks for the help Steve!, I picked up the little trap that some pore kid could have picked up and took it back to the trash in tacopa. :fro: and hurting i drove the drive of shame and stupidity.

Ken B.

ken i dont know what to say glad you made it home with out any more sh*t happening...

would like to know whos truck and trailer it was dodge with matching gray snowmobile trailer. orange writing artic cat and the something racing. bunch of punks dont know what they were doing with a cactus and the sign posts. yelled at them as they drove off leaving that stuff should have chased them down.

1 bad day out of 100. thats still good odds. just never pick up a bag when rolling, or without thinking first. I think thay did it as a crule joke. why else would it be there? i'm just glad i didn't get arrested for takeing some rare desert plant, or something.

Steves bike is soooo nice.

Edited by Mr.BrownSand