Presidents Day DDR ride

dunefreak

Where does everyone want to meet up for the traditional DDR ride on Presidents day weekend? I was maybe thinking we should meet up somewhere other than the usual spot along the bottom of the big face hill. Only because the drags and hill climbs are going to be in that general area and it usually gets a bit crowded and clustered over there. Maybe we could move the meet-up spot farther down or just have everyone that wants to go on the ride meet at the DDR south pole. :rockon::happydrunks:

That's where I was thinking. The south pole around 2:00pm on Saturday? :shots:

exactly :beercheers:

Sometimes meeting up at the usual spot is hard to tell if new people from DDR are showing up for the ride or if it's just people coming to hang out at the bottom of that hill :rockon: I'd feel like an a$$ going up to everyone and asking, "are you here for the DDR ride??" :beerpint::drunk: Derrrr :happydrunks:

no there is a new pole we put up, Jon. It is at the southern end of Dumont. New landmark! :happydrunks:

I will see if I can find it before Saturday at 2pm then....

We should have a mixed crew -

- Sick Sand Travel mini rail

- V8 Rail (Big K's old car - now Paul's)

- Me in a new mid-engine two seater

- Hopefully a Buckshot

- Several quads

:rockon:

Would love to check out your Short Sand Car.

Edited by Crowdog

- Hopefully a Buckshot

- Several quads

:beercheers:

No prob. I should have it out there that weekend. Hopefully 2nd gear holds up. It has been poppin out a little lately- 2, 3, or maybe more hard years on that trans. :shocked: I'm just gonna be easly on it that weekend, until I hit 3 & 4th gear!! :laughing: :headbang: :headbang:

If you can't make the DDR ride that weekend, Jon, then we should meet up later then. Gotta say hi and go for a buggy run w/ ya. :rockon:

No prob. I should have it out there that weekend. Hopefully 2nd gear holds up. It has been poppin out a little lately- 2, 3, or maybe more hard years on that trans. :headbang: I'm just gonna be easly on it that weekend, until I hit 3 & 4th gear!! :beercheers::laughing: :headbang:

If you can't make the DDR ride that weekend, Jon, then we should meet up later then. Gotta say hi and go for a buggy run w/ ya. :shocked:

You got it. When we get closer, I will figure out where we are camping.

Why not meet up at the big gay balloon. Then everyone will know where the DDR group camps. AndPete can buy us all a pre ride beer :beercheers:

We could do that too! That was my other suggestion I was thinking about. Works for me as well. :headbang: :laughing:.

Oh and by the way- everyone on here is the DDR group, not just our camp. :shocked: :headbang:

• 2 weeks later...

OK one last question before I post up the official time for the Prez Day DDR ride. :mc_smiley:

Does everyone want to meet up at the normal spot for the DDR ride or do you just want to meet-up at our camp. I figured that might be easier getting everyone together since the drags & hill clinbs will be going on over at the meet up spot/ area. I was thinking of making it a bit later in the day like 3 or 4. That is a nice time to ride. :laughoff:

What does everyone think? Meet at our camp (where the big ol gay balloon is / along the second finger dune- easy to find) :D

i would have to say meeting up at your camp would be easier for me. lol lol i tried to find you pete last weekend, and didnt know what the heck you looked like. lol it was hard for me to even come up to your camp not knowing anyone, but i met a couple people. im looking forward to meeting ALL of you.

- Hopefully a Buckshot

- Several quads

:laughoff:

As long as we can get the group togather in time you can add 2 - Trick racing cars , 1 sandlimo , and hopefully a manx and a 2 seat mid-engine buggy!!!!!!! :mc_smiley: