jeep conversion

challenger

looking to convert my 46 jeep willy from a rock trail cruiser to a sand cruiser. it set up now with full cage small lift 33 12.50 mudders dana 44 rear dana 30front buick odd fire v6. i dont want a drag jeep or a hill shooter just a sand cruiser and pics info or advise pls post txs.

What is the gearing on your Jeep now? That may be the only thing you might want to change if it's geared way low. Just air down and it will go pretty much everywhere.

My buddy Tarin has a Jeep he set up for dune cruising, jumping, AND rock crawlin. :dunno: It does pretty damn good, but he dumped some cash into it. He put some blinged out 22's :driver::slap: , custom coil over suspension, moniter w/ cameras underneath for rock crawling, small block, etc. :laughing:

normal_S2010054~10.JPG

normal_S2010053~9.JPG

normal_S2010052~10.JPG

GEEZ! Talk about OFF TOPIC! :laughing::laughoff::laughing: challenger just wanted to get some input for his Jeep and see some pics of some other ones. Now we're talking about doing burnouts in front of Team Acme Glass & Window Tint??!! Come onnn people! :blury::flipoff:

What is the gearing on your Jeep now? That may be the only thing you might want to change if it's geared way low. Just air down and it will go pretty much everywhere.

My buddy Tarin has a Jeep he set up for dune cruising, jumping, AND rock crawlin. :ban-split: It does pretty damn good, but he dumped some cash into it. He put some blinged out 22's :dance: :laughing: , custom coil over suspension, moniter w/ cameras underneath for rock crawling, small block, etc. :laughing:

normal_S2010054~10.JPG

normal_S2010053~9.JPG

normal_S2010052~10.JPG

I see that thing parked over by Hot Rod Grill. As Joe would say, "That's badass!"

that thing is badass

and back on topic

what dunefreak said.......your gearing may be too low for duning, but try it out first before you swap out gears....you may not need to dump any more cash into it....unless you just want too :grin:

your tires will be fine, just air down,as i am sure you already have deflators

• 1 month later...

This topic has been sitting for a little while but I would like to continue to promote the thought of running this jeep in the sand. I run my trail jeep in the dunes all the time. I have a V8 and run in 2nd gear high range all day long. My other club members that run your same engine might have to run 1st gear or 3-4 in low range to keep up the wheel speed. We all put paddles is back and leave the trail tires on front. If you run trail tires only, you can get around but are unlikely to top the big hills. Pismo sand is larger and allows trail tires more than Dumont fine sand.

Don't worry you can run on both dirt and sand.