NEED a sandfix!

b370

I need to get the paddle put back on so i doubt i will be able to get it to you tomorrow.. Give me a call and let me know for sure if you go.. If i am able to make it it will be early saturday morning :D

283-7411

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get the paddle put back on so i doubt i will be able to get it to you tomorrow.. Give me a call and let me know for sure if you go.. If i am able to make it it will be early saturday morning :D

283-7411

We are definetly going. We could meet up and throw the bike on the trailer if you want Sat. Am. With 3 of us it shouldn't be that hard to put it on the trailer and get it strapped down I would think?

What are the before and after numbers????????

No before numbers as the car was running so bad that if they would have dyno'd the car before there could have been a lot of damage. The injectors were clogged and needed to be replaced and a new paper fuel filter had to be mounted before he would even dyno the car. The car had a fuel filter on it but apparently it is not set up for smaller particles. So over time the car has gotten worse due to the injectors getting clogged up. Let's just say it should run like a completely different car then I have ever run. With the new turbo's it spools so fast I think I will be busy shifting up a lot! :laughing::ban-split:

No before numbers as the car was running so bad that if they would have dyno'd the car before there could have been a lot of damage. The injectors were clogged and needed to be replaced and a new paper fuel filter had to be mounted before he would even dyno the car. The car had a fuel filter on it but apparently it is not set up for smaller particles. So over time the car has gotten worse due to the injectors getting clogged up. Let's just say it should run like a completely different car then I have ever run. With the new turbo's it spools so fast I think I will be busy shifting up a lot! :clap::laughoff:

WOW..that's good to hear Terry. I can tell from talking to you before that you were pretty disappointed with the performance of your car. That's really cool though that it seems to be running top notch now! :thumb: I wish I could make it out this weekend with you guys. :laughoff: Why don't you come out on Aug 11th for an epic sunset ride. I gaurantee it will be worth it! That last one was to die for!

Pete:

The second run he made on the dyno just after he started tuning was jaw dropping. He had to restrap the car down because it started to spin the tires and it looked like it was about to launch off the rollers. Each time it made more power and still couldnt keep the tires planted, then the clutch started slipping.

Lets just say its still making power as it hits the rev limiter and is capable of more :thumb:

I'd love to make it on the 11th but I will be in the middle of a move into our new house. Maybe the next trip

Edited by b370

Observations:

One Chipmunk Dead - The rest got fed.. GO b370 :lol:

Fat guys make good ballast in a sand rail.

The dunes were the Steepest i have ever seen them... lots and lots of blowsand at the top of every dune and they are all moved around.

There are still Stupid people @ dumont in the summer ( had to pull out a navigator towing a 25' sand piper toy hauler )

Thanks for the ride in the car terry.. That thing pulls awesome now.

Observations:

One Chipmunk Dead - The rest got fed.. GO b370 :barf:

Fat guys make good ballast in a sand rail.

The dunes were the Steepest i have ever seen them... lots and lots of blowsand at the top of every dune and they are all moved around.

There are still Stupid people @ dumont in the summer ( had to pull out a navigator towing a 25' sand piper toy hauler )

Thanks for the ride in the car terry.. That thing pulls awesome now.

Your welcome Nick, thanks for going out with us!

That is the first time I have seen a chipmunk on top of the bowl, he zigged when he should have zagged, He might have made it through it but if he did he's a sore puppy tonight.

B370 has the I got to :barf: hand signals down pat now, not once but twice he fed the remaining live critters! :ban-split:

The sand has competely changed and is very unsafe in my opinion, holes everywhere, even at the top of Comp. Steep razors have never scared me but I was truly glad ISBB was on the upside of one of them! :barf:

Car is working awesome now, I have to thank Danzio Performance, they are a little pricey but damm that thing pulls like a freight train now. Something it hasn't done in awhile!! :beerpint:

Hard to believe that a 2 wheel drive navigator and a 25' trailer would be out at the dunes in July with the possibility of no one else being out there to help them out, barley got a Thanks out of him for pulling him out. Must have been some of those dreaded flatbillers! :barf:

weather was actually nice, with a little breeze this morning it was pleasant.

Life is good, Duning in the morning and taking a nap in the pool on a floatie during the afternoon. :lol:

Edited by ynot

Sounds like you guys had a good run!!

Here's a hint for b370's :lol: problem!! DRAMAMINE!! Works for me....Can't ride with out it. Get the nondrowsy stuff and then you can still drive!! I used to :ban-split: ALL the time if I wasn't driving. Flew down to Palm Springs form NorCal before I moved here and Bob met me at the airport and we went from the airport to Glamis. I :beerpint: when I fly too, sooo I was already Dramamined up. NO :barf: I thought :barf: I'll try dramamine next time and POOF I can ride again :D

Sounds like you guys had a good run!!

Here's a hint for b370's :barf: problem!! DRAMAMINE!! Works for me....Can't ride with out it. Get the nondrowsy stuff and then you can still drive!! I used to :barf: ALL the time if I wasn't driving. Flew down to Palm Springs form NorCal before I moved here and Bob met me at the airport and we went from the airport to Glamis. I :barf: when I fly too, sooo I was already Dramamined up. NO :barf: I thought :idea: I'll try dramamine next time and POOF I can ride again :D

He took one just as we were getting ready to turn onto the dirt entry road, it is probably in some chipmunk's belly giving him a buzz at his cousin's funeral! :MBdance:

He took one just as we were getting ready to turn onto the dirt entry road, it is probably in some chipmunk's belly giving him a buzz at his cousin's funeral! :MBdance:

Supposed to take 1 hour before the activity, he may need to take two.

Your welcome Nick, thanks for going out with us!

That is the first time I have seen a chipmunk on top of the bowl, he zigged when he should have zagged, He might have made it through it but if he did he's a sore puppy tonight.

B370 has the I got to :angry2: hand signals down pat now, not once but twice he fed the remaining live critters! :barf:

The sand has competely changed and is very unsafe in my opinion, holes everywhere, even at the top of Comp. Steep razors have never scared me but I was truly glad ISBB was on the upside of one of them! :barf:

Car is working awesome now, I have to thank Danzio Performance, they are a little pricey but damm that thing pulls like a freight train now. Something it hasn't done in awhile!! :barf:

Hard to believe that a 2 wheel drive navigator and a 25' trailer would be out at the dunes in July with the possibility of no one else being out there to help them out, barley got a Thanks out of him for pulling him out. Must have been some of those dreaded flatbillers! :idea:

weather was actually nice, with a little breeze this morning it was pleasant.

Life is good, Duning in the morning and taking a nap in the pool on a floatie during the afternoon. :MBdance:

Thats good to hear, Terry. I'm glad your car is running good now. Sometimes you have to pay a little more, but in the end the piece of mind knowing it's done right it is priceless. :D

What?...not ONE pic from the trip??? :barf::driver:

The pictures are at home ill put them up later tonight... didnt get any of us out in the sand as we were too busy umm duning.. and while b370 was feeding the chipmunks :MBdance: i kept riding :D

Ok lets set the facts straight! I only :thumbsdown: 'd once!

The dunes were deadly! Soft faces and steep drop offs everywhere. There were too many holes and blind spots that were everywhere you looked.

dumont%20-07%20004.jpg

dumont%20-07%20005.jpg

Then there was the renobs in the 2wd Navagator burried to the axle.

dumont%20-07%20001.jpg

Ok lets set the facts straight! I only :blury: 'd once!

The dunes were deadly! Soft faces and steep drop offs everywhere. There were too many holes and blind spots that were everywhere you looked.

dumont%20-07%20004.jpg

dumont%20-07%20005.jpg

:thumbsdown::undecided: WOW they look way different. i cant wait till the 11th :2cents::driver:

you might have only :thumbsdown: once but you guys sure did stop quite a bit cuz of your stomach lol..

Haulin a$$ on the back strech from the north pole to comp all of a sudden this dune came out of no where... there have always been little hills and what not but this was a full on dune... i was like WTF where did this little bastard come from.. caught us off gaurd as i saw terry slam on the brakes trying to avoid it.. one of the bennifits of a 2 wheeler i spose i just gave it a lil more throttle and flew off the little drop.

Good times.. when i get home in about 45 min ill post up my pics :D

Ahhh come on Nick........ we only stopped twice for me! Once was a precaution and the second was to feed the wildlife.

We ate a crapload of sand on that hill... Out of nowhere was a 2-3' drop off. The dunes were Sooooo different......... Id be WAY carefull if any of you do a night run from the hill on the 11th

Id be WAY carefull if any of you do a night run from the hill on the 11th

Hell yeah. I hear that. I normally don't like doing too much night driving with the rail. For the 11th I'll probably just do 1 or 2 sunset rides, then maybe some runs to the north pole on the back stretch and then hang at the hill at night. :thumbsdown::undecided: