Rail Chasis

LilBlaster

I just had a question. My boyfirend and I are looking into getting a Sand Rail but I made a suggestion to him about building our own. We just need help with the chasis. If someone could direct me to some one that could help us get what were looking for. I know he wants Chevy any help would be appreciated. I am about 2 hours from vegas and 45 minutes from Lake Havasu. Thanks!! :D:banghead:

I just had a question. My boyfirend and I are looking into getting a Sand Rail but I made a suggestion to him about building our own. We just need help with the chasis. If someone could direct me to some one that could help us get what were looking for. I know he wants Chevy any help would be appreciated. I am about 2 hours from vegas and 45 minutes from Lake Havasu. Thanks!! :D:banghead:

What size of Chevy does he want to run??

I just had a question. My boyfirend and I are looking into getting a Sand Rail but I made a suggestion to him about building our own. We just need help with the chasis. If someone could direct me to some one that could help us get what were looking for. I know he wants Chevy any help would be appreciated. I am about 2 hours from vegas and 45 minutes from Lake Havasu. Thanks!! :D :icon_twisted:

Wow, there's alot of variables there. Budget (long, mid or standard travel), 2 or 4 seats, are you going to use it in the desert?

I agree with Don. The way the sandrail market is right now you can pick up a pretty sweet car for CHEAP.

Besides, I understand the satisfaction you'd get with building your own chassis, but unless you are a professional fabricator, I would leave it to the experts for many reasons, saftey being the 1st! :coocoo:

IF you must build your car yoursalf you can pick up a fully welded and tabbed frame from a reputable builder for almost the same price as building it yourself. Then you can put the rest of the car together and still get satisfaction that you pretty much built your own car. There is still LOTS of work after the frame is built.

Pick up a Sand Sports magazine and look through the ads. Start pricing parts and you'll see how expensive things are. There are deals out there to be had but I would still say you can get better deals buying a nice used car. Preferably a Desert Dynamics or Funco. :D

WOW! Thanks guys..... and gals... To be completley honest I dotn know exactly what Chris wants I just know chevy. Not sure what size. I definetly understand the saftey matter a whole bunch, I didnt want us to do the frame we knew we needed someone to do that for us. Buying one is still a definit (cant spell) consideration. I'm afraid building one will take a long time due to my boyfirend loves projects and already has a few.. Well the godd news is even though we dont have a rail we will still be at Dumont on Haloween!! :MBdance: With the bikes and quad.. We be the only crazy people out there in a tent LOL thanks everyone :beercheers:

WOW! Thanks guys..... and gals... To be completley honest I dotn know exactly what Chris wants I just know chevy. Not sure what size. I definetly understand the saftey matter a whole bunch, I didnt want us to do the frame we knew we needed someone to do that for us. Buying one is still a definit (cant spell) consideration. I'm afraid building one will take a long time due to my boyfirend loves projects and already has a few.. Well the godd news is even though we dont have a rail we will still be at Dumont on Haloween!! :laughoff: With the bikes and quad.. We be the only crazy people out there in a tent LOL thanks everyone :laughing:

No you won't be the only ones!! There are lots of others!! You have to start somewhere!! Trust me I know about projects, we currently have three going :blink: But I finally have him pinned down to doing one at a time!! We are also building our own rail :D

You thought about buying a used busa rail? There are some really good deals around right now, a few were posted in here in the last couple days. You will get so much bang for your buck, and will spend less on a car that will smoke most of the chevy motors. You should really go take a ride in one, a lot of people are selling their bigger rails to get a busa rail. Gas is cheaper, maintenece is cheaper, more reliable, cheaper to get to the dunes, more fun etc. Shop around, you can find them for good deals if you look.

Here's a smokin deal on a 1000cc powered rail that just sold, this thing just got built and has almost no hours on it, he sold it waaaaaay too cheap..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=110150076949

You thought about buying a used busa rail? There are some really good deals around right now, a few were posted in here in the last couple days. You will get so much bang for your buck, and will spend less on a car that will smoke most of the chevy motors. You should really go take a ride in one, a lot of people are selling their bigger rails to get a busa rail. Gas is cheaper, maintenece is cheaper, more reliable, cheaper to get to the dunes, more fun etc. Shop around, you can find them for good deals if you look.

Here's a smokin deal on a 1000cc powered rail that just sold, this thing just got built and has almost no hours on it, he sold it waaaaaay too cheap..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=110150076949

Thanks!! :D

Maybe we could hit someone up for a ride in the dunes come october if we dont have or own rail j/k