Rolled RZR at Little Dumont

Prerunner Maniac

Monday Oct. 1st I got my new RZR. I had taken it out to the desert only 2 times before we went to Little Dumont this past Sunday.

My Wife and I took it for a spin. She grew up in the Midwest and had never been to the dunes. Afterwards our neighbor and his son took it for a spin.

I am shooting pics from on top of another dunes when I see them start to roll and I heard my Wife scream.

Surprisingly when we made it around the dune to get to them they were upside down hanging from the seat belts.

There was some body panels that got damaged, the roll cage is a little tweaked and the drivers side netting needs to be replaced. We also popped the bead on the passenger side rear tire.

Other than that it did really well for going 1.5 times over.

We are working on getting new plastic and a new roll carge probably custom. This is a new project vehicle for our online magazine and we need to get these things fixed before we can do more work on it.

If you have a RZR and are going duning be sure to leave it in 2wd. From the pics we determined the AWD kicked in and dug the driver side front tire and that is what caused the roll.

Adem

Prerunner Maniac

http://www.prerunnermaniac.com

Here are 3 pics we got before we started running.

post-3312-1191953501_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1191953527_thumb.jpg

post-3312-1191953548_thumb.jpg

Edited by Prerunner Maniac

Im sure they will start making wide offset wheels for the rzr like they do the rhino. That alone adds a ton of stability to them. Glad noone got hurt.

now you have the perfect excuse to do a custom cage and paint

sharp turns are no good at speed no matter what trust me i speak from experience

that includes the use of wheel spacers (didn't help me, check my crew affiliation)

glad noone was injured :worthless_without_pics:

Edited by dman74

long travel that bad boy glad everyones ok i swear i already posted this :lol:

yes you did, bob. But this topic was a double post and the other one was taken off since this one had the pics in it. Then I tried moving your post but it was posted before this thread so it put your post 1st (before his) in this topic. So I took it out all together cause at that point I was too frustrated to care. Now that I have posted all this garbage it doesn't even seem worth explaining in the first place so now I am just gonna keep typing and saying random stupid stuff like I like pizza, bob likes Sophie's dancing, I want to go back to Dumont, Bert likes cookies, monkie hates pants, etc. :worthless_without_pics: :booty:

Why do those look photoshopped :blink::lol: I see grass through the front wheel well on the first pic :blink:

GRASS? :blink: Why would he photoshop these and lie about them? :lol::blink::flipoff::blink:

yes you did, bob. But this topic was a double post and the other one was taken off since this one had the pics in it. Then I tried moving your post but it was posted before this thread so it put your post 1st (before his) in this topic. So I took it out all together cause at that point I was too frustrated to care. Now that I have posted all this garbage it doesn't even seem worth explaining in the first place so now I am just gonna keep typing and saying random stupid stuff like I like pizza, bob likes Sophie's dancing, I want to go back to Dumont, Bert likes cookies, monkie hates pants, etc. :beer_bang: :laughoff:

GRASS? :blink: Why would he photoshop these and lie about them? :think: :smoker: :laughing::laughing:

:laughoff::lol::laughoff::lol::laughoff::lol::laughoff::lol:

wouldnt no bob your just crazy be a lil easier ????? :beer_bang:

Im sure they will start making wide offset wheels for the rzr like they do the rhino. That alone adds a ton of stability to them. Glad noone got hurt.

now you have the perfect excuse to do a custom cage and paint

Yeah the problem was caused by the way the RZR AWD system works. While still in 2WD the RZR slides well, like my neighbor was doing. Then the AWD system kicked in and kicked him over.

And yes next week it is going to Woolworth Motorsports for a custom cage and a custom rack for the back that will hold a spare tire, gas can and cooler.

Robby Woolworth did all the work on my Ranger Prerunner and he does amazing work, if anyone needs some fab work done.

Yeah the problem was caused by the way the RZR AWD system works. While still in 2WD the RZR slides well, like my neighbor was doing. Then the AWD system kicked in and kicked him over.

And yes next week it is going to Woolworth Motorsports for a custom cage and a custom rack for the back that will hold a spare tire, gas can and cooler.

Robby Woolworth did all the work on my Ranger Prerunner and he does amazing work, if anyone needs some fab work done.

Yea robby does some nice work... :blink:

yes you did, bob. But this topic was a double post and the other one was taken off since this one had the pics in it. Then I tried moving your post but it was posted before this thread so it put your post 1st (before his) in this topic. So I took it out all together cause at that point I was too frustrated to care. Now that I have posted all this garbage it doesn't even seem worth explaining in the first place so now I am just gonna keep typing and saying random stupid stuff like I like pizza, bob likes Sophie's dancing, I want to go back to Dumont, Bert likes cookies, monkie hates pants, etc. :blink: :beer_bang:

WHAT???? :MBdance::driver:

:banghead:

:mc_smiley: