Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Im counting down...2 1/2 weeks were making the first trip of the year. Ive got work to do to all of my toys, lol. Just got a badger i need to put valves in, new oil tank on the raptor then new master cylinder and carb for the vw. Should be fun, we have some good fireworks too =) :blink:

Posted

bEEN GOING OUT THERE FOR YEARS NOW, (DOVE SPRINGS) GREAT DESERT RIDING AND TRAILS GALORE, HILL CLIMBS, NICE LITTLE JUMPS..SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE..

CAN GET TO ALL THOSE PLACES FROM DOVE SPRINGS BUT I LIKE THE CAMPING SET UP A DOVE, I LIKE TO PARK IN FRONT OF THE HILLL CLIMBS...

MAYBE I CAN JOIN YOU IF I ET A NEW BIKE THIS WEEK, OTHER THEN THAT MAKE SURE TO TAKE A RIDE TO THE JAWBONE STORE AND HAVE A STEAK SANDWICH, YOULL SEE A MAIN ROAD IF YOU CAMP IN DOVE SPRINGS THAT CLIMBS A MOUNTIAN AND THEN FLATENS OUT AND IF YOU FOLLOW THAT IT WILL TAKE YOU TO RED ROCK AND JAWBONE THEN GET YOU NEAR THE STORE...

HERE ARE SOME PICS..

f29a3b74.jpg

thought i had more but they have hill climbs on every hill from crazy to easy, i love that place..

Posted

We haven't been to any of these places yet but hope to someday. Heck were taking our first trip to Gorman next weekend. We haven't been much for trail riding til now.

Posted (edited)

Looks like I will see ya in Gorman next weekend!! Dove is so cool. Always something new out there!! :blink:

Hey Cheeze!! Get some knobies on those bikes and come out a time or two with us all. Your just down the mountain from Gorman!! I promise it will be a blast, or Raptorgirl will reimburse your gas!! :beer_bang:

Edited by DigzDodge
Posted

Gorman is around the corner from me, been there so many times i just go know for a quick loop then get home, be carefull on the roads for people coming the other way, that place is notorious for slamming into people head on on the fire roads..

We should do a Dove springs trip soon here, i ride it all ,sand and desert and dove in the winter is real nice, i know some cool spots out there...

Let me know..Sam.

Posted

Theres a Dove trip this weekend I hope to make. Won't know till FRI. if for sure going though. I think ifwe do we are going to be back around by the third restroom by comp hill. I am just repeating what I heard.

(From the main entrance)

Posted

been going out there for a couple seasons. love it there! might be heading out this weekend with the quads. just need to get my hauler back from the shop.

Posted

We camp on jawbone canyon road just north of dove springs. You cant miss it, there is 4 bilboard signs that are the only ones on that road. Look for the fireworks or the VW blocks burning, thats usually us. Last time i was out there I found a road that goes straight to a bar in inyo kern. Im thinking Ill ahve to start a new tradition and ride the quad down there :MBdance:

Posted

been jeeping in dove springs creek, and at jawbone, been riding at gorman, but I really do hate ridding on dirt... I try to stick to the sand, most dirt riding I do is up in Isabella

Posted

WHere in isabella do you ride at? Ive always wanted to go riding up there but I wouldnt know where to park. Ive rode up greenhorn area since I was a kid. We used to park at the bottom of rancheria road then ride all the way to tobias. I remember riding back in the snow one time...i had 5 inches of snow on my arms and couldnt hardly move I was so cold

Posted

Damn, you fellas got me thinking Dove springs instead of Dumont on the 26th. Can only go for a night so it is more attractive than paying $30 for a week and all the gas. Might wait and plan a longer Dumont trip and then buy an annual pass. Thanks for the new option as I have not been to either.

Posted

Mom has a place up there but I can never get a straight answer from anyone bouts where to ride in Isabella without gettin in trouble with ol JohnnyLaw. Where do ya go?

Posted

been going to dove spring for years live just down the road.

well hot dang. we need to hook up for a ride!!!!! want to go out this weekend, but the hauler is in the shop. :laughoff: might head out there for a day trip.

Posted

my buddies grandma lives up there, so we park there, ride off erskin creek (spelling?) trail, or we go up cooks peak, now thats a blast, and there is no other rush going 4/5 gear pinned, sideways around a corner with a thousand foot drop 3 inches away lol.... then we will go hit up the track that is over by the trap shooting range, thats fun, and we also ride right on the lake shore, over by where the river comes in, its sand over there with tiny tiny dunes lol, its pretty fun, wide open spaces for wheelies for ever! some jumps too

Posted

my buddies grandma lives up there, so we park there, ride off erskin creek (spelling?) trail, or we go up cooks peak, now thats a blast, and there is no other rush going 4/5 gear pinned, sideways around a corner with a thousand foot drop 3 inches away lol.... then we will go hit up the track that is over by the trap shooting range, thats fun, and we also ride right on the lake shore, over by where the river comes in, its sand over there with tiny tiny dunes lol, its pretty fun, wide open spaces for wheelies for ever! some jumps too

I want to go riding with you! that sounds like a blast. :coocoo:

Posted

Damn, you fellas got me thinking Dove springs instead of Dumont on the 26th. Can only go for a night so it is more attractive than paying $30 for a week and all the gas. Might wait and plan a longer Dumont trip and then buy an annual pass. Thanks for the new option as I have not been to either.

Thats the weekend were going to jawbone canyon. Ive never actually camped at dove springs I hear theres alot of rangers there....we usually try to avoid those guys

Posted

I want to go riding with you! that sounds like a blast. :coocoo:

oh man, its crazy, one trip I mis-judged a corner, came in too fast, luckily I pulled through it, but I was on two wheels, inches from the edge lol, it was like straight down...

I think it was about a year and a half ago some guys were up there in a jeep and drove off the side...they both passed away... Its crazy up there, but the view over the lake and town is just amazing, the wind is so loud, yet its very quiet... Its real cool up there

Maybe we will have to orginize something sometime!

Posted

i AM UP FOR A dOVE SPRINGS TRIP, MAYBE I WILL START A THREAD ONCE I KNOW I HAVE A BIKE TO RIDE..Lol

WHAT DATES ARE YOU GUYS GOING?

looks like i am gearing up for a trip next weekend. ( 20&21st ) need to finish my break in hours on both our quads. uugggh i dearly dislike the breakin period. :MBdance:

Posted

We are planing a trip next mouth out in the dirt. if the cars come back in one pice and don't need work.

let me now BR when you are going next time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...