any of you guys ride

Raptor661

Im counting down...2 1/2 weeks were making the first trip of the year. Ive got work to do to all of my toys, lol. Just got a badger i need to put valves in, new oil tank on the raptor then new master cylinder and carb for the vw. Should be fun, we have some good fireworks too =) :blink:

bEEN GOING OUT THERE FOR YEARS NOW, (DOVE SPRINGS) GREAT DESERT RIDING AND TRAILS GALORE, HILL CLIMBS, NICE LITTLE JUMPS..SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE..

CAN GET TO ALL THOSE PLACES FROM DOVE SPRINGS BUT I LIKE THE CAMPING SET UP A DOVE, I LIKE TO PARK IN FRONT OF THE HILLL CLIMBS...

MAYBE I CAN JOIN YOU IF I ET A NEW BIKE THIS WEEK, OTHER THEN THAT MAKE SURE TO TAKE A RIDE TO THE JAWBONE STORE AND HAVE A STEAK SANDWICH, YOULL SEE A MAIN ROAD IF YOU CAMP IN DOVE SPRINGS THAT CLIMBS A MOUNTIAN AND THEN FLATENS OUT AND IF YOU FOLLOW THAT IT WILL TAKE YOU TO RED ROCK AND JAWBONE THEN GET YOU NEAR THE STORE...

HERE ARE SOME PICS..

f29a3b74.jpg

thought i had more but they have hill climbs on every hill from crazy to easy, i love that place..

Looks like I will see ya in Gorman next weekend!! Dove is so cool. Always something new out there!! :blink:

Hey Cheeze!! Get some knobies on those bikes and come out a time or two with us all. Your just down the mountain from Gorman!! I promise it will be a blast, or Raptorgirl will reimburse your gas!! :beer_bang:

Edited by DigzDodge

Gorman is around the corner from me, been there so many times i just go know for a quick loop then get home, be carefull on the roads for people coming the other way, that place is notorious for slamming into people head on on the fire roads..

We should do a Dove springs trip soon here, i ride it all ,sand and desert and dove in the winter is real nice, i know some cool spots out there...

Let me know..Sam.

Theres a Dove trip this weekend I hope to make. Won't know till FRI. if for sure going though. I think ifwe do we are going to be back around by the third restroom by comp hill. I am just repeating what I heard.

(From the main entrance)

We camp on jawbone canyon road just north of dove springs. You cant miss it, there is 4 bilboard signs that are the only ones on that road. Look for the fireworks or the VW blocks burning, thats usually us. Last time i was out there I found a road that goes straight to a bar in inyo kern. Im thinking Ill ahve to start a new tradition and ride the quad down there :MBdance:

WHere in isabella do you ride at? Ive always wanted to go riding up there but I wouldnt know where to park. Ive rode up greenhorn area since I was a kid. We used to park at the bottom of rancheria road then ride all the way to tobias. I remember riding back in the snow one time...i had 5 inches of snow on my arms and couldnt hardly move I was so cold

Damn, you fellas got me thinking Dove springs instead of Dumont on the 26th. Can only go for a night so it is more attractive than paying $30 for a week and all the gas. Might wait and plan a longer Dumont trip and then buy an annual pass. Thanks for the new option as I have not been to either.

my buddies grandma lives up there, so we park there, ride off erskin creek (spelling?) trail, or we go up cooks peak, now thats a blast, and there is no other rush going 4/5 gear pinned, sideways around a corner with a thousand foot drop 3 inches away lol.... then we will go hit up the track that is over by the trap shooting range, thats fun, and we also ride right on the lake shore, over by where the river comes in, its sand over there with tiny tiny dunes lol, its pretty fun, wide open spaces for wheelies for ever! some jumps too

my buddies grandma lives up there, so we park there, ride off erskin creek (spelling?) trail, or we go up cooks peak, now thats a blast, and there is no other rush going 4/5 gear pinned, sideways around a corner with a thousand foot drop 3 inches away lol.... then we will go hit up the track that is over by the trap shooting range, thats fun, and we also ride right on the lake shore, over by where the river comes in, its sand over there with tiny tiny dunes lol, its pretty fun, wide open spaces for wheelies for ever! some jumps too

I want to go riding with you! that sounds like a blast. :coocoo:

Damn, you fellas got me thinking Dove springs instead of Dumont on the 26th. Can only go for a night so it is more attractive than paying $30 for a week and all the gas. Might wait and plan a longer Dumont trip and then buy an annual pass. Thanks for the new option as I have not been to either.

Thats the weekend were going to jawbone canyon. Ive never actually camped at dove springs I hear theres alot of rangers there....we usually try to avoid those guys

I want to go riding with you! that sounds like a blast. :coocoo:

oh man, its crazy, one trip I mis-judged a corner, came in too fast, luckily I pulled through it, but I was on two wheels, inches from the edge lol, it was like straight down...

I think it was about a year and a half ago some guys were up there in a jeep and drove off the side...they both passed away... Its crazy up there, but the view over the lake and town is just amazing, the wind is so loud, yet its very quiet... Its real cool up there

Maybe we will have to orginize something sometime!

i AM UP FOR A dOVE SPRINGS TRIP, MAYBE I WILL START A THREAD ONCE I KNOW I HAVE A BIKE TO RIDE..Lol

WHAT DATES ARE YOU GUYS GOING?

looks like i am gearing up for a trip next weekend. ( 20&21st ) need to finish my break in hours on both our quads. uugggh i dearly dislike the breakin period. :MBdance: