Motorcycle powered sandrail

x-man

Hello iam new to the sandrail stuff and dont really have the space in my trailer for a full size rail so i was looking at getting a Sinister 2 seater busa powered rail what do you think and do i need beadlock rims in the sand

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't ncessarily need beadlocks. I have never had any on my car and I haven't had any issues. Sinister (Yoshi) seems to build some pretty well designed cars. Good luck. :D

what are my other options when it comes to the busa powered rails ?

get the reverse box, pushing them backwards gets old. :MBdance:

I have never needed reverse at Dumont. :beer_bang: I prefer the simplicity of less powertrain components and a live axle.

what other cars are good ?

I have a Short Sand Car and absolutley love it. My last car was an older SSC and even it did incredible through the dunes. My new car (07 SSC) handles the rough extremely well, you can turn on a dime- just chop the throttle and hammer it, and it is plenty fast even without a turbo.

Other than Sinister and Short, other very good busa cars are Tom Pro Design and King...IMO. It's kind of a matter of opinion/ personal preferance at that point. I wouldn't recommend any other builder when it comes to minis though.

Other than Short Sand Cars, other very good busa cars are Tom Pro Design and King...IMO. It's kind of a matter of opinion/ personal preferance at that point. I wouldn't recommend any other builder when it comes to minis though.

I agree with that.

duelor die chris, is looking at Tom Pro. Talk to him. I think he has researchded the minis.

yep and I know a pretty good source where he got most his research info from. :flipoff: :boyyy:

You can't go wrong with SSC, King, or Tom Pro. I'm sure Sinister is a damn good builder too, I just haven't talked with any owners yet.

I would of ranked Tom Pro up there as the best, but to tell you the truth after this last weekend I swear by Larry's cars now. (SSC) I put that car through so much abuse and it handled it like it was nothing. Not one broken part all weekend except for a couple rivets that broke on the wing truck hinge. No big deal though. The car did amazing. I am STILL stoked. :flipoff::broke::MBdance:

yep and I know a pretty good source where he got most his research info from. :broke::broke:

You can't go wrong with SSC, King, or Tom Pro. I'm sure Sinister is a damn good builder too, I just haven't talked with any owners yet.

I would of ranked Tom Pro up there as the best, but to tell you the truth after this last weekend I swear by Larry's cars now. (SSC) I put that car through so much abuse and it handled it like it was nothing. Not one broken part all weekend except for a couple rivets that broke on the wing truck hinge. No big deal though. The car did amazing. I am STILL stoked. :flipoff::flipoff: :boyyy:

As long as you don't mind a car that looks like a stink bug that's been smacked in the head. :MBdance:

As long as you don't mind a car that looks like a stink bug that's been smacked in the head. :MBdance:

OK we get it- you don't like the look of Yoshi's cars. :flipoff: That is just a matter of preference. Alot of guys could go on and on about how ugly Funco's cars are too, but that doesn't mean they are bad cars by any means. :flipoff::broke: :boyyy: We're talking about who builds decent mini rails as in quailty, not just looks.

OK we get it- you don't like the look of Yoshi's cars. :thumb: That is just a matter of preference. Alot of guys could go on and on about how ugly Funco's cars are too, but that doesn't mean they are bad cars by any means. :dope: :no_no: :thumb: We're talking about who builds decent mini rails as in quailty, not just looks.

So how did this turn into a bash Funco thread? Don doesnt even owne a friggin Funco. If you want to bash his car, Bash Purple cars, or desert dynamic cars. If we want to start Bashing cars, lets start a new thread and let the bashing begin. As I recall, Last time I had an opinion about the looks of certain types of cars, I became the a-hole. :wedgie:

yep and I know a pretty good source where he got most his research info from. :dope: :wedgie:

I would of ranked Tom Pro up there as the best, but to tell you the truth after this last weekend I swear by Larry's cars now. (SSC) I put that car through so much abuse and it handled it like it was nothing. Not one broken part all weekend except for a couple rivets that broke on the wing truck hinge. No big deal though. The car did amazing. I am STILL stoked. :thumb: :no_no: :thumb:

It would be very hard to call a TOM PRO mini the best with the other 2 major mini builders. SSC AND KING. Im sure Tom Pro cars do certain things the best, and im sure ssc does certain things the best as does king. Im sure it all comes down to what you are going to use it for. My personal opinion is, If you buy a car based soley on looks, you are making a big mistake. Unless of course, you are buying it to enter it in car shows.

So how did this turn into a bash Funco thread? Don doesnt even owne a friggin Funco. If you want to bash his car, Bash Purple cars, or desert dynamic cars. If we want to start Bashing cars, lets start a new thread and let the bashing begin. As I recall, Last time I had an opinion about the looks of certain types of cars, I became the a-hole. :thumb:

Come on! Everybody already knows Funco's are ugly but my car is ugly on purpose. My car is so damm ugly I took it out of my avatar. I figured if I had an ugly car noone would want to steal it. Can you say Barney the singing dinosaur?

Just for the record.

If I could afford a Funco I would have one myself.

They don't look like a stinkbug that's been smacked in the head.

I know of two King cars that rolled/endoed pretty badly, and in both cases the occupants walked away with only minor injuries. There is also Sandbullet; I spent some time with them at the SSSS. They will build a roller (which I am considering, since I really don't want to use the 'Busa motor).

So how did this turn into a bash Funco thread? Don doesnt even owne a friggin Funco. If you want to bash his car, Bash Purple cars, or desert dynamic cars. If we want to start Bashing cars, lets start a new thread and let the bashing begin. As I recall, Last time I had an opinion about the looks of certain types of cars, I became the a-hole. :thumb:

Wow Tim WTF??? Who pissed in your Wheaties? I was never bashing anyone or anything. I was just using Funco as an example of a car that alot of people think is ugly but is one of the BEST handling cars out there. It was actually a compliment. :wedgie: If you go back and read your brothers post, "HE" would be the "a-hole" as you put it in this situation. He was the one who started "bashing" the looks of Yoshis cars. Lighten up, man. :no_no:

It would be very hard to call a TOM PRO mini the best with the other 2 major mini builders. SSC AND KING. Im sure Tom Pro cars do certain things the best, and im sure ssc does certain things the best as does king. Im sure it all comes down to what you are going to use it for. My personal opinion is, If you buy a car based soley on looks, you are making a big mistake. Unless of course, you are buying it to enter it in car shows.

I was only stating my opinion of Tom Pro. That was all. I think they are bada$$ cars and thought they were the best at one time. I'm so impressed with my car now I'd rank it up there with or above it.