Dumont trip Oct. 12th and 13th

RaptorMike

Went to dumont on the 12th hoping to hook up for a ride or twoo with some ddr peeps but since i still been to a big weekend im still not familiar with faces or names. I did hook up and camp with some dsdcrew for 2 days. Thanks to Big_gunz_ and Evil jester for extending the welcome to me and had a great time duning, cant wait till next time. Dunes were great learned alot of what my bike is capable, so first trip in long time all was good except that one start at comp hill, ill leave it to you to figure that out. Had a great time though. :banghead:

post-3007-1192494463_thumb.jpg

Whats up. Harley found me sat morning and we went to the south pole lookin for you but we were probably a little late. Next time.

for sure well have to meet up again and ill have to get me some more info.

Hey Mike, glad to have meet you out there.

We had a great time riding with you and running Comp Hill was a blast. Things got interesting after you left Saturday night. Anyone out there see the big two-seater quad roll down Comp Hill Saturday night? The two people on it were fine, they got off it when it started to roll. But the quad did do so well. It started out as a slow roll, but picked up speed pretty quick. By the time it got 3/4 the way down the hill, it was a pretty much a yard sale. E*J (DSD member) helped the kids get the quad back to camp because there was no way that thing was going anywhere by itself.

I know you won't be out there Halloween but kept an eye out on DSD to see the next trip is. It would be great to hit the dunes with you again.

BG

Hey Mike, glad to have meet you out there.

We had a great time riding with you and running Comp Hill was a blast. Things got interesting after you left Saturday night. Anyone out there see the big two-seater quad roll down Comp Hill Saturday night? The two people on it were fine, they got off it when it started to roll. But the quad did do so well. It started out as a slow roll, but picked up speed pretty quick. By the time it got 3/4 the way down the hill, it was a pretty much a yard sale. E*J (DSD member) helped the kids get the quad back to camp because there was no way that thing was going anywhere by itself.

I know you won't be out there Halloween but kept an eye out on DSD to see the next trip is. It would be great to hit the dunes with you again.

BG

do you know what led to the rolls? besides gravity.

do you know what led to the rolls? besides gravity.

From what I saw, they were going up Comp Hill and when they tried to turn around, the quad rolled onto it's side. The two riders went with the quad for the first roll but got off once that first roll was completed. Being that quad is so big and heavy, I don't think they could have stopped it. It started out slow and picked up speed, I think it rolled over (side to side) about 20 times before stopping near the bottom of Comp.

Ouch...I like the picture with all the Rappy's!! How was the weather?

The weather was great. A little windy on Friday but not a bad. Saturday and nice, enough wind to keep you cool. Sunday was warm with little to no wind.