found my problem

RAGDOLL MX

ummm im no rocket scientist... but if you slipped a tooth on your cam gear... i sure hope you plan on A) replacing the chain, B) check for worn teeth on the cam gears and C) change out the automatic tensioner... cuz thats an expensive top end if something goes kerput... Call harry at TT OEM he will get you setup cheap..

there was actually a service bullentin out on it. but since i have it torn down that far iam going to clean the carb as well, ill put it all back together tomorrow and see how it runs..if that dosent fix it ill beat my self stooopid

there was actually a service bullentin out on it. but since i have it torn down that far iam going to clean the carb as well, ill put it all back together tomorrow and see how it runs..if that dosent fix it ill beat my self stooopid

again? :cry:

well i pulled my YZ apart tonight and went for the first thing that i thought it might be...and my hunch was right. i slipped a tooth on my cam gear. so tomorrow ill loosen it up and rotate it foward and get it all done. :laughoff::flipoff::grin:

post-693-1193972852_thumb.jpg

Is the YZ different than the YFZ?The YFZ cam dots line up on the outside edge of the head at TDC.Hotcams?

Is the YZ different than the YFZ?The YFZ cam dots line up on the outside edge of the head at TDC.Hotcams?

no actually i took the wrong pic. those dots should be 180d (on the outside). but i fixed that after i posted it. and then i tried to pull the carb to clean it. but apparently you need a degree in Physics to get it out. so ill wait till my friend comes over and helps me with it. its still poping on the low end, and it smoothes out on the top. so iam figuring that the slow jet may be clogged. ill have it torn down and cleaned and it should be good. so apparently its a combination of problems.

btw, does anyone happen to have a stock plug cap? I have the Icat on it, and i guess that i gave away the stock plug cap. i want to check and see if it is also the Icat that may be the problem.

You should take the ICAT off anyway and sell it to someone on ebay.Dyno tests have shown no improvements with the thing.Those carbs are really easy to work on.So is the cam timing.At TDC the dots on the cam should be even with the surface of the head on the outer edges.You need to line up the timing marks on the flywheel and check to see if its all in order.If its just the carb and it ran good at one time and you have changed nothing i would just clean the carb out.But before all that you may want to ditch the ICAT and try the oem one to see if that fixes you issues.