Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

The committee meeting that was required before the suggested fee increase could go in has taken place and the Barstow BLM was given approval to move ahead.

They are feverishly printing passes right now and I was assured they would be ready for the Thanksgiving rush.

Vicki

Posted

Here's a refresher course on the new fee structure:

$30 for a weekly pass for any non-holiday week

$90 for an annual pass with holiday black-out dates

$40 for a weekly pass that includes a holday

$120 for an annual pass that includes holidays

If you buy a non-holiday yearly pass at $90 and decide you want to include a holiday visit, you will be required to purchase a $10 'supplement' to your pass for each holiday appearance.

Posted

Here's a refresher course on the new fee structure:

$30 for a weekly pass for any non-holiday week

$90 for an annual pass with holiday black-out dates

$40 for a weekly pass that includes a holday

$120 for an annual pass that includes holidays

If you buy a non-holiday yearly pass at $90 and decide you want to include a holiday visit, you will be required to purchase a $10 'supplement' to your pass for each holiday appearance.

$40 bucks for a holiday day trip is kinda steep but whatever im 1 pass away from a $10 annual anyhow.. so i guess it wont be so bad..

Posted

$40 bucks for a holiday day trip is kinda steep but whatever im 1 pass away from a $10 annual anyhow.. so i guess it wont be so bad..

Nick that shouldn't be news to you. That is the same info that has been on either the homepage or passes page for months now. :flipoff::flipoff:

I hear ya though, but at least turning in our weekly passes as credit towards the season pass won't hurt too bad. Just don't forget unless you don't plan on New Years, Prez Day or Easter, you will have to pay an extra $10 those weekends if you come out with just a non-holiday season pass. ;)

Posted

i can handle 10 bucks for a holiday day trip.. 40 bucks for a day trip is kinda steep.. if ya know what i mean... but ya i was expecting it..

DO we know when the pass's are cutoff and when the new pricing will take effect.. Or is this something that will discussed on saturday?

Posted

i can handle 10 bucks for a holiday day trip.. 40 bucks for a day trip is kinda steep.. if ya know what i mean... but ya i was expecting it..

DO we know when the pass's are cutoff and when the new pricing will take effect.. Or is this something that will discussed on saturday?

I am sure all that will be discussed at the TRT meeting. Regardless, Vicki said they are anticipating on having the passes sold at Dumont for T-day.

Also: Dman posted that NV Offroad buggy should have them as of Nov 20th. This is all word of mouth though. I am still waiting to hear from the BLM about the specifics of a updated vendor list that will have them.

Posted

looks like my next trip is gonna cost me 30 bucks for the rest of the season... :P

Why? What changed? You gonna buy a holiday season pass now?

Posted

no i have 3 $20 pass's so by the time i make it out again they will be 30 bucks... so 30 bucks more and i have a regular pass..

I was assuming they werent going to go into effect until after t-day.. no worries

Posted

no i have 3 $20 pass's so by the time i make it out again they will be 30 bucks... so 30 bucks more and i have a regular pass..

I was assuming they werent going to go into effect until after t-day.. no worries

ah ok, I think I get what your trying to say :flipoff: biong biong :porn: :flipoff:

Posted

Just received word from the BLM: the new fees go into effect as of Nov 21st.

Pete, I'm heading out on the 20th and staying to the 26th, do we still pay the new fees? It really doesn't matter, I going to get my yearly pass anyway. Just wondering if BLM will enforce the new fees for people who show up early in the week.

Posted (edited)

Okay, I called Barstow BLM myself. They said if you show up before the 21st, get the weekly pass for $20 (I'll get mine in Baker). Take that weekly pass, along with any other passes you have for credit, and get buy the yealy pass from the vendors in Dumont. But if you show up before the 21st and only want a weekly pass, you still have to buy the $10 upgrade for the holiday when you're in Dumont.

Edited by Big_Gunz_
Posted

wow! cost more than glamis with not even 1/2 of the riding area

Yep. And if Dumont received the funding from other sources the way Glamis does, Dumont wouldn't have to rely 100% on user fees to survive.

This Saturday's Dumont Dunes TRT meeting is going to include a discussion on just where the Dumont money goes... come out out to the Barstow BLM office this Saturday to learn how things really work.

Vicki

Posted

f u clowns... im gonna pay 70 for the 2 times i go.....maybe 3 if i decide to come out cleanup weekend, thats 100 right there.....awe dammit....maybe i'll just get an anal, errrrrrrr annual at the valero

I may be wrong here..but I think the cleanup weekend is gratis (that means free).

Posted

I'm not too sure about the quality statement....................

It would be very interesting to see how things really work. I'm sure the added fees are probably justifiable (sp?) seems like there needs to be a better way to generate revenue than to tax the duners harder..........

Since I dont have the time to go to these meetings, I probably just need to shut my mouth and not complain. carry on and thanks for all you guys do!

Posted

I'm not too sure about the quality statement....................

It was just a joke. Besides I have nothing to compare Dumont to as I have never even been to Glamis yet.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • VIP RV

×
×
  • Create New...