Fee increase was approved

i'm 100% sure about the quality statement.

i was told by the pass distributor at dumont over veteran's day weekend that the season passes would definitely be available on the 21st of november. i guess they knew that the fee increase would be approved during this meeting.

no matter, it's all very worth it.

The committee meeting that was required before the suggested fee increase could go in has taken place and the Barstow BLM was given approval to move ahead.

They are feverishly printing passes right now and I was assured they would be ready for the Thanksgiving rush.

Vicki

I was Just at Barstow office and they will be ready on the Wed 21 :laughoff::laughoff:

Yep. And if Dumont received the funding from other sources the way Glamis does, Dumont wouldn't have to rely 100% on user fees to survive.

This Saturday's Dumont Dunes TRT meeting is going to include a discussion on just where the Dumont money goes... come out out to the Barstow BLM office this Saturday to learn how things really work.

Vicki

From where does Glamis get their funding? Maybe Dumont needs some sponsors????

Okay, I called Barstow BLM myself. They said if you show up before the 21st, get the weekly pass for $20 (I'll get mine in Baker). Take that weekly pass, along with any other passes you have for credit, and get buy the yealy pass from the vendors in Dumont. But if you show up before the 21st and only want a weekly pass, you still have to buy the $10 upgrade for the holiday when you're in Dumont.

So I am getting there on the 20th and I'm kinda confused. Do we pay the $10 upgrade when we buy the weekly pass at the entrance? Or do we have to hook up with Doghouse or something on the 21st to get the upgrade separate?

Does the Barstow Field Office just like making things difficult/confusing?

So I am getting there on the 20th and I'm kinda confused. Do we pay the $10 upgrade when we buy the weekly pass at the entrance? Or do we have to hook up with Doghouse or something on the 21st to get the upgrade separate?

Does the Barstow Field Office just like making things difficult/confusing?

From what I understand, you buy your weekly pass for $20 on the 20th. On the 21st, you can go to one of the vendors or head down to the pass station and buy the upgrade for the holiday.

From what I understand, you buy your weekly pass for $20 on the 20th. On the 21st, you can go to one of the vendors or head down to the pass station and buy the upgrade for the holiday.

Right on. Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

OK maybe I was confused.. well obviosly I was

I wanted to not have to wait and to also try to HELP the BLM by buying my pass off site so I stopped at the Shell in Baker and wanted to buy the season pass, was told nope only the week pass $40 so OK thought must have not had the $hit together yet.

now as I read that other folks had them, and looked at the PICTURE that pete took of the sign. That you only get credit for passes bought PRIOR to Nov 21st can go toward a season pass. SO that means that $40 pass WILL NOT go toward the season pass??????

Am I wrong?? YNOT??? sailaway?

If So I guess I should have been like others and bought at the gate. BUT I thought that was what they were trying to AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::lol::laughing::banghead::laughoff:

I wanted to not have to wait and to also try to HELP the BLM by buying my pass off site so I stopped at the Shell in Baker and wanted to buy the season pass, was told nope only the week pass $40 so OK thought must have not had the $hit together yet.

now as I read that other folks had them, and looked at the PICTURE that pete took of the sign. That you only get credit for passes bought PRIOR to Nov 21st can go toward a season pass. SO that means that $40 pass WILL NOT go toward the season pass??????

If So I guess I should have been like others and bought at the gate. BUT I thought that was what they were trying to AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff::lol::laughing::banghead::laughoff:

I'll put the question to them and let you know what I find out. I have always bought a season pass at both Glamis and Dumont so I have no personal experience with it, but I've heard that at both places we have always been able to "trade up" from weekly to yearly if we bought the weekly and then changed our minds, can't see how this would be any different.

I'll pose the question and post what I learn.

Vicki

If So I guess I should have been like others and bought at the gate. BUT I thought that was what they were trying to AVOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laughoff::laughoff::lol::laughing::banghead::laughoff::laughoff:

Paul I hear ya. The whole thing is a mess. On the other hand, I had all the information posted here on DDR (on the passes page) about the only place that you could buy or trade in weekly passes (the OLD passes) was through the BLM. I also had and still have the info posted that the season passes would only be available through the BLM and not the vendors. Sorry you might have missed it. I had a logo on the top of the forum, an annoucement in 3 sections of the forum, links on the homepage, etc. I don't know what else to do to try to keep everyone informed and free of confusion. :thumb::laughoff:

I would guess the BLM would maybe give you the credit (at least $20 worth) due to the recent confusion. I'd just bring that $40 pass along with any other old $20 weekly passes with you next time and ask when you go to buy a season pass.

Thanks Vicki

Pete, I dont know how I missed that part!! I guess I remmeber you had a post that said support the local community, and that stuck :laughoff: well I am SURE I am not the only one that got that confused.. :laughoff: as I really was trying to do the right thing....

well the $40 was worth it even if I cant trade up I guesss :banghead: but that was cheap considering the other stuff I spent $$ on :laughoff::laughing::lol: