Boy I hate a thief!

ash

So today I get a call from Wells Fargo fraud department. No biggie as I get them frequently with my business purchases, so I figure it's just no big deal again. Boy was I wrong and holy mother of God was I surprised! I find out that some a$$hat decided to not only use my check card to purchase stuff from the UK, but they also decided to purchase enough stuff to empty my entire account. Now the process of waiting begins to get the money back in my account. The site that was used to purchase a few thousand dollars worth of stuff was www.offgamers.com. Called their customer service department and got to speak to 'ramitupyourasssideways' somewhere in Asia. Well at least I didn't have to press 1 for English. Man I hate a thief, especially some 12 year old computer hacker. It wouldn't break my heart if each and every hacker out there that does this, suddenly wakes up a deaf mute with no fingers and no toes :D

Pete you have no idea! There is a guy at work that we are blaming our bad luck on. It all started when he got his car stolen then broke the A/C and transmission in his wife's van. After that, it was all down hill for almost everyone in my department. That would make a good campfire story.

my bank subscribes to some website that lists websites and physical places that have a high fraud alert, and doesn't allow its members to purchase anything using plastic at said places

it got me one time. coming home from LA, i attempted to get gas at a station that is well known in the banking community for a high risk of creditcard fraud (i guess the workers take the numbers and use them)

i couldnt fuel up, so i had to go to albersons, write a check for 20 bucks over for a pack of bubble gum, and go get diesel

id rather do that then have to clean up the mess youre in

sorry to hear about your situation ash

Yeah, been there ! with my powerhouse racing card , being used in the great Dune coon republic !! :lol: We have a set limit for atm use , so they used it two days in a row :laughoff:

the bank returned the funds within 5 days !!!

and this is for all the thieves :isbb: I hope they all get it in the end !

my bank subscribes to some website that lists websites and physical places that have a high fraud alert, and doesn't allow its members to purchase anything using plastic at said places

it got me one time. coming home from LA, i attempted to get gas at a station that is well known in the banking community for a high risk of creditcard fraud (i guess the workers take the numbers and use them)

i couldnt fuel up, so i had to go to albersons, write a check for 20 bucks over for a pack of bubble gum, and go get diesel

id rather do that then have to clean up the mess youre in

sorry to hear about your situation ash

You should copy and paste that list here buddy!

I have been a victim of True Name Fraud. They got info on me (about 10 yrs old) and opened 28 credit cards in my name. The company that issues the cards called my Credit Union and reported that there was a large amount of cards being issued.

Talk about a pain in the azz..... I had to call all the credit agency, report that I was a victim of true name fraud and cancel all the cards. Then call all the credit card companies and close the accounts, then call the Secret Service in Washington D.C. (They are the ones that supposedly take care of that stuff) ....

I feel for you...

BTW.. Nigerians are the leading minority group in the U.S. that commit true name fraud... what luck...