helmet cam

TheAlaskan

I'm looking at buying a helmet camera and was wondering if anyone has one on here or has had any experience with them, good or bad.

I just got a ATC 2000 by Oregon Sientific,the camera works great but we have operator problems.

When I mounted it on my helmet I found that I look around alot and got mostly just the trail in front of me.

Then we tryed mounting on the handle bars and got great views but the vibration got to it sometimes(had it set on high res,maybe lower res would be better.also it was on a Predator 500 that seems to vibrate more than other bikes)

I think another trip out and I'll have it figured out.

A freind of mine has one on his V-6 Acura powered sand rail(zero vibration) and gets great movies

I just got a ATC 2000 by Oregon Sientific,the camera works great but we have operator problems.

When I mounted it on my helmet I found that I look around alot and got mostly just the trail in front of me.

Then we tryed mounting on the handle bars and got great views but the vibration got to it sometimes(had it set on high res,maybe lower res would be better.also it was on a Predator 500 that seems to vibrate more than other bikes)

I think another trip out and I'll have it figured out.

A freind of mine has one on his V-6 Acura powered sand rail(zero vibration) and gets great movies

Yeah my buddy had an ATC 1000 that we took up to cold creak and out to brianhead, but I never got to see the video so i dont know how it turned out. And it didnt seem to like the cold too much in brianhead, it kept shutting off on me.

I have one I never use... Want it? (I need to find it first)

:laughoff: sure what is it?

and dont worry, no voyuer video here......well maybe :cry::laughing: :dance: :MBdance::thumb::beerpint:

Well I just ordered the oregon scientific ATC 2k last night. So when it gets here we'll see how it goes. There is a new one that just got released by twenty20 called the vholdR I think, essentially the same thing but more expensive....seems like it'd be pretty durable though. You do get what you pay for.....most the time.

Brian, If you ever find yours let me know, im still interested

I'm looking at buying a helmet camera and was wondering if anyone has one on here or has had any experience with them, good or bad.

I have a helmet-cam.comhttp://www.helmetcamera.com I have had it for a while but don't use it any more and would like to sell it. Let me know if your interested?

I have a helmet-cam.comhttp://www.helmetcamera.com I have had it for a while but don't use it any more and would like to sell it. Let me know if your interested?

Do you have just the camera or the recorder too? I dont want to have to go out and by another recorder, and my video camera is too big to strap to my back. How much?

I think have a canon xr70.( I have 2 video recorders) I think is the model # I will have to check. The only thing you wwould have to buy is their industrial grade velco they use if your going to mount the camera to your helmet. As for how much give me a day to think about it. I am not sure what the whole set up costs to replace today but I will be more than fair.

Terry

I think have a canon xr70.( I have 2 video recorders) I think is the model # I will have to check. The only thing you wwould have to buy is their industrial grade velco they use if your going to mount the camera to your helmet. As for how much give me a day to think about it. I am not sure what the whole set up costs to replace today but I will be more than fair.

Terry

Yeah I've got plenty of that velcro stuff at work. let me know what all you have and how much in a pm. I want to get a couple set ups for multiple angles and what not

Yeah I've got plenty of that velcro stuff at work. let me know what all you have and how much in a pm. I want to get a couple set ups for multiple angles and what not

Hang with me as I am flat out tired. It would be easier for me to get the stuff together and have you come by the store next weekend and you can make me an offer. I am just opening and after 2 16 hour days and 5 more to go i can't think about anything but going to bed.

PM me for address and times if your interested in doing that.

Terry