Dumont passes.........

I don't think they are suppose to tax you. :beat:

I didn't think so either. Nevada Off Road may have over charged me for the OHV pass, but they didn't tax either the OHV or entrance pass I bought from them for opening weekend. I'll wait and see what Terry thinks.

One other thing. I spoke with both Carter Powersports and Johnny Walker's employees on the phone to check on pass availability, and both are just as frustrated as I was when it came to not having the non-res OHV passes available also. Seemed inconvienient that I had to purchase my entrance pass from one place and my OHV pass at yet another. :argue: I sure hope this gets better.....

I bought my opening weekend pass at Johnnie walker, or halloween, dont remember. But its when they first got them. I was the 1st person they sold to. They didnt tax me? Did you question them on it at the register? Im thinking maybe the person ringing it up rang it up wrong possibly?

I bought my opening weekend pass at Johnnie walker, or halloween, dont remember. But its when they first got them. I was the 1st person they sold to. They didnt tax me? Did you question them on it at the register? Im thinking maybe the person ringing it up rang it up wrong possibly?

Yes...Shery questioned it, and they said yes. However, listening to your explanation it sounds reasonable.

Yes...Shery questioned it, and they said yes. However, listening to your explanation it sounds reasonable.

There is no tax on it period. i would think that somebody made an error on it. I will forward this posts to my friend at Johnny Walker's and hopefully he can get it straightened out. I was unaware that J Walker was interested in getting OHV passes also, I will ask about that too.

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

There is no tax on it period. i would think that somebody made an error on it. I will forward this posts to my friend at Johnny Walker's and hopefully he can get it straightened out. I was unaware that J Walker was interested in getting OHV passes also, I will ask about that too.

Terry

Thanks Terry.... I just caught back up with this since I need another pass. I also just heard on another thread that they only have 2 passes left? What's up with the BLM and providing the vendors with what they need? I can understand why the vendors are frustrated.

:laughoff: so what's the big deal anyway on buying the pass from a vendor when you can pay for it at the entrance

I think the main goal of having everyone buy the pass off-site is too help alleviate congestion and lines entering Dumont on the busy weekends. There are other reasons, but I think that is the biggest reason behind it.

:laughoff: so what's the big deal anyway on buying the pass from a vendor when you can pay for it at the entrance

I think the main goal of having everyone buy the pass off-site is too help alleviate congestion and lines entering Dumont on the busy weekends. There are other reasons, but I think that is the biggest reason behind it.

I realize they are still trying to work out the kinks with the passes. But if they plan to eliminate selling them at dumont, I certainly hope they are going to make sure the vendors have enough on hand to meet the demand.

I can see alot of people getting frustrated real quick trying to buy them elsewhere like they were told to do, and they arent available.

Edited by Sincity_blondie

I realize they are still trying to work out the kinks with the passes. But if they plan to eliminate selling them at dumont, I certainly hope they are going to make sure the vendors have enough on hand to meet the demand.

I can see alot of people getting frustrated real quick trying to buy them elsewhere like they were told to do, and they arent available.

I'm there. :laughoff:

its because typically if your going to buy a dumont pass, you may need other equipment also, and busier people like to get everything in one place. its a form of basically free advertising/customer traffic into local businesses. those businesses sign up to sell them for that reason i believe

its because typically if your going to buy a dumont pass, you may need other equipment also, and busier people like to get everything in one place. its a form of basically free advertising/customer traffic into local businesses. those businesses sign up to sell them for that reason i believe

yes, that is another reason why but not necessarily the main reason why that are doing it. :laughing: