Blowing The Motor?

barneycar

it was a 4.3 :huh: on sat it flooded and we chaned the oil but the damage was done

on sunday we where playing on the front face in the bowl stopped to take pic and dave pulled up and it was nocking told him to drive it tell it sezed but it blew the rod.

Edited by barneycar

Saw a Top Alcohol Car blow the main cap and rod right out the bottom end on friday... he was getting ready to stage revvvvvved up the motor and next thing you saw was the oily sludge just come flyin out underneath the exhaust manifold... wasnt pretty...

My buddy knows that guy. He said the drive came uncoupled and it over revved the motor.

That would be the guy Joe... The storie i got was that like you said the drive came uncoupled earlier in the day over-revved it... the damage was already done but when they went to go line up for the next race is when it let go.. :D it wasnt pretty... the oil looked weird too... a green milky color.. was funny lookin

That would be the guy Joe... The storie i got was that like you said the drive came uncoupled earlier in the day over-revved it... the damage was already done but when they went to go line up for the next race is when it let go.. :D it wasnt pretty... the oil looked weird too... a green milky color.. was funny lookin

The oil in my motor looked like this too, after I lost compression in three cylinders last weekend. I thought that it might be race gas mixed in with oil? I'm pulling the motor this weekend, it's a VW 2180. Hpefully I can get it back in the car before it gets too hot!

• 2 weeks later...