One More Question From The Dumont Virgin

missmoe92

Verizon is about the only cell phone service that works out there. Sprint works, but only in certain places...Nextel does work, but usually only at the top of the rock hill on the flats, Cingular does not work at all. I have Cingular on my phone and blackberry, but I buy prepaid minutes from Verizon just for the dunes just in case I need more beer from someone that hasn't left Vegas yet.

Verizon yes....Nextel above 18 ft off the Ground. (stand on top of your rig for 1 bar) Sprint will need a small tower to work....

Are you messing with me? Am I going to look like the only dumb blonde out there standing on top of my RV trying to use a cell phone?

Are you messing with me? Am I going to look like the only dumb blonde out there standing on top of my RV trying to use a cell phone?

No really just look at this fellow.......you could buy one of these...... :laughoff:

post-475-1143737362_thumb.jpg

Edited by cmyfirepole

I've seen more than one person climb up on top of an RV to talk on the phone.

nextell works for me if i'm on top of hill looking to the west. i can get out but can't receive and theres usally a row of people up there too. lol just like green acres. cya all easter weekend 14 15 16 17 18 19th :2gunsfiring: