No laws at Dumont?

las vegas duner

I was idling through the corridor to Banshee hill.The traffic was very heavy coming and going. A quad came cross traffic and broadsided me.I sent my son after the rangers.When they showed up they assumed I was in the wrong.All they were interested in was the story from the quad driver.

I wanted a accident report.They said it was a accident and there was no one at fault because there are no LAWS.They were rangers from Oregon.They said to exchange info and take it to civil court.

CHP officers showed up with the court tv cameras and said the same thing.Drive how you want there are no laws.

The next day we went to county sheriff.They said they are here for public relations,CHP is for fatalaties,BLM do not like us and would like to see us all leave.

They said to take it to civil court but we would probably lose because there are no laws unless there is alcohol involved.

They said you enter at your own risk. My Question is why are people getting tickets when there are no laws.

I was idling through the corridor to Banshee hill.The traffic was very heavy coming and going. A quad came cross traffic and broadsided me.I sent my son after the rangers.When they showed up they assumed I was in the wrong.All they were interested in was the story from the quad driver.

I wanted a accident report.They said it was a accident and there was no one at fault because there are no LAWS.They were rangers from Oregon.They said to exchange info and take it to civil court.

CHP officers showed up with the court tv cameras and said the same thing.Drive how you want there are no laws.

The next day we went to county sheriff.They said they are here for public relations,CHP is for fatalaties,BLM do not like us and would like to see us all leave.

They said to take it to civil court but we would probably lose because there are no laws unless there is alcohol involved.

They said you enter at your own risk. My Question is why are people getting tickets when there are no laws.

when they refer to "no laws" they are referring to right-of-way. its a freekin free-for-all out there, and one can only be responsible for ones own actions while riding

as far as people getting tickets....wreckless driving will get you a ticket, along with, but not limited to:

no flag

drunk driving

no seat belts in a vehicle

fireworks

glass containers

anything the rangers see as wrong....in thier own discrestion

i am sorry to hear about your accident....even though, on a two way street what the guy did was wrong....there are no traffic laws...thats why you have to be extra cautious in the dunes

when they refer to "no laws" they are referring to right-of-way. its a freekin free-for-all out there, and one can only be responsible for ones own actions while riding

as far as people getting tickets....wreckless driving will get you a ticket, along with, but not limited to:

no flag

drunk driving

fireworks

glass containers

i am sorry to hear about your accident....even though, on a two way street what the guy did was wrong....there are no traffic laws...thats why you have to be extra cautious in the dunes

YEAH! And whats with all that sand? I got that stuff everywhere...in my shoes, my ears, my nose...

Get over it guys. This is nothing new. Stay home on the big holiday weekends. Those kind of people don't ever change.

:ban-split: :shocked2: :laughing:

no flag

drunk driving

fireworks

glass containers

what is wreckless driving out there? I have seen many cars and quads i would consider wreckless. I have gone through the whoops at 70mph in my rail toward the entrance .. is that wreckless?(probably)

I am always looking around for day dreamers while i drive around..you never know. I ran up the hill at banshee a few times and never seen Pete at the top waving at me cuz i was busy watching all the other ppl moving on the hill.

Sorry about that hope it didnt hurt anything to bad.

Capt

what is wreckless driving out there? I have seen many cars and quads i would consider wreckless. I have gone through the whoops at 70mph in my rail toward the entrance .. is that wreckless?(probably)

I am always looking around for day dreamers while i drive around..you never know. I ran up the hill at banshee a few times and never seen Pete at the top waving at me cuz i was busy watching all the other ppl moving on the hill.

Sorry about that hope it didnt hurt anything to bad.

Capt

That was out in the middle of the dunes near Taladega. There wasn't anyone around. :headbang1:

Anyways, LV duner. That really sucks. Do you have insurance? That is your only protection against damage in areas like Dumont. It really is a ride at your own risk kinda area. They have certain laws for safety like whips, helmets, etc, but there is no way to police a right of way all over the sand.

YEAH! And whats with all that sand? I got that stuff everywhere...in my shoes, my ears, my nose...

Get over it guys. This is nothing new. Stay home on the big holiday weekends. Those kind of people don't ever change.

:headbang1::headbang1::headbang1:

Sorry if it sounds like I am whining about a little thing like the sand out there.I have probably $3000 damage.My Point is how we were treated and I still think you should be Responsible for your actions.

When you are sitting at comp hill and someone hits you and says sorry I will bet you might whine too.

Sorry if it sounds like I am whining about a little thing like the sand out there.I have probably $3000 damage.My Point is how we were treated and I still think you should be Responsible for your actions.

When you are sitting at comp hill and someone hits you and says sorry I will bet you might whine too.

I would cry like a biatch if my car gets hurt( cried for a month after my son hit it)

I feel ya

Capt

ahhh don't worry about him, he's just an azzhat in training!.......

but dumont is a "ride at your own risk area" I had to dodge people left and right because they weren't following the "rules of the road" I.E. drive on the right..... My rule of thumb while riding out there is "watch for everyone else, cause they're not watching for you"

but getting hit while sitting still is just rediculous (sp?) unfortunately the FEW BLM and Rangers out there have to worry about a couple thousand people on a busy weekend and have to pick their battles....

just like if you were doing 15mph over down a road and a cop see's you, then see's someone run a red light or swerving like their drunk, the cops gonna pull them over instead because they are more of a danger to a majority of people.

If i were you, I would have chased down the person that hit you, got his information.....or more likely talked to their parents and got their information and either handle it on the side, or through small claims court.

but thats just my :headbang1:

ahhh don't worry about him, he's just an azzhat in training!.......

but dumont is a "ride at your own risk area" I had to dodge people left and right because they weren't following the "rules of the road" I.E. drive on the right..... My rule of thumb while riding out there is "watch for everyone else, cause they're not watching for you"

but getting hit while sitting still is just rediculous (sp?) unfortunately the FEW BLM and Rangers out there have to worry about a couple thousand people on a busy weekend and have to pick their battles....

just like if you were doing 15mph over down a road and a cop see's you, then see's someone run a red light or swerving like their drunk, the cops gonna pull them over instead because they are more of a danger to a majority of people.

If i were you, I would have chased down the person that hit you, got his information.....or more likely talked to their parents and got their information and either handle it on the side, or through small claims court.

but thats just my :headbang1:

I was moving but my point is if at camp or in the dunes you have no recourse.

He was a adult and said he was wrong but without a accident report I believe what the sheriff said.

It will be hard to prove he was wrong.The friendly ranger asked if I could see a sign saying he could not cut across the opening.