Holding Tanks

Big Fella

:laughoff: Not to mention your sensors - I was told that if I had to hold the tanks for a while that after dumping to rinse and run a cup of liq laundry soap and softner into a 5 gallon bucket, pour the mixture it into each tank and drive the trailer around to mix up on the walls and sensors and let it set for a day drain and rinse again. They make a cleaning solution you can buy from your RV store, but the stuff is basicly the same thing. My father-in-law does this every 4-5 trips and its kept his sensors working great and his tank from becoming nasty. I do the same thing, although my unit is new, living here in vegas the heat can really bake that stuff so im thinking preventive maint cant hurt...

:freakin_nuts:

:lol: Not to mention your sensors - I was told that if I had to hold the tanks for a while that after dumping to rinse and run a cup of liq laundry soap and softner into a 5 gallon bucket, pour the mixture it into each tank and drive the trailer around to mix up on the walls and sensors and let it set for a day drain and rinse again. They make a cleaning solution you can buy from your RV store, but the stuff is basicly the same thing. My father-in-law does this every 4-5 trips and its kept his sensors working great and his tank from becoming nasty. I do the same thing, although my unit is new, living here in vegas the heat can really bake that stuff so im thinking preventive maint cant hurt...

:freakin_nuts:

So they say :blink: ..... I tried the "ECO" method for the first half of this season. What a waste of money. :laughoff: It actually costs more to treat the tanks . And I believe it far less effective. I still have faulty sensor readings. And the tanks smelled worse than you can imagine. :thumb: Maybe it does work, but it didn't for me. :idiot:

I know, I know....me and my family are just full of $hit. :laughoff: So it doesn't matter what method I try.

:laughoff::boxer::lol:

Was just wondering if there is any certain amount of time that is just way too long to have your tanks about half full and just sitting there???

Weather my tanks have a fart, or 1/turd full, or caca to the top, :freakin_nuts:

I drain and flush them suckers ASAP.

I'd say, from our camp to the Flying J in Barstow is the longest for me.

I usually hit the Valero in Baker, but if it's too crowded I'll go to Flying J.

And even at that, it's killin' me to know what I'm haulin' around. :laughoff:

I flush the black tank everytime with a spinning sprayer to clean the walls and sensors.

:laughoff:

R-

Edited by Randog

:flipoff: um seriously don't leave it in any longer than you have to. i did it once for 2 weeks :banghead: after a week vacation last time i'll ever do that again. i dump at the oasis rv resort off blue diamond 5 bucks and centrally located for me from were ever i come from - from camping .I MAKE IT A POINT TO STOP ASAP. :thumb:

I've got Jackpot sanitation coming to suck the sh@t out of it Monday. Its already been stewing since last Monday!! I know I know $40 bucks but I'm extremely busy and from what everyone here has said I need to get it done.

That a boy there Fella. :rockon:

GET-R-DONE! :flipoff:

:banghead:

Good luck mang.

:thumb: