Casey Mears at Dumont

Kitcat

i was at dumont last year when casey mears, kyle busch, and greg biffle were there.

i'm in the blue shirt in the last picture.

nascardumont001.jpg

nascardumont002.jpg

nascardumont003.jpg

nascardumont004.jpg

nascardumont005.jpg

nascardumont006.jpg

nascardumont007.jpg

biffle was real cool.. talked to him for awhile, didn't talk to casey at all (he's in a green shirt, you can see in one photo) and kyle was pissed off because his banshee wasn't running well.

Great racing family. It's nice to see them mingle with the rest of us "common folk."

Casey's father, Roger, was a regular racer in the Indianapolis 500 and is a living legend in the off-road racing community. His uncle, Rick, is one of the most beloved American drivers of all-time, winning the Indy 500 a record four times.

all those mears foolios.....roger and his family

even rick and his family

grew up in Bako.....i remember riding my bike in the foothills north of town out by the bakersfield speedway (okie bowl) and seeing what was a trophy truck back in the 70's.. (full truck body on a race frame with hopped up engine/tranny) just flyin over jumps out by cheapskate and chalk hills .it had "mears gang" in white letters down the red side of the truck..you could hear those clowns a mile away

factoid...cheapskate hill was called so, cause all the cheapskates would go to the top of the hill to watch the races @ the okie bowl, instead of paying to get in. perfect view from the top of the hill too

Edited by richard cheese

I didn't see this posted on the site (sorry if it is posted somewhere else). This is a cool article one of my friends sent to me at work today...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nasca...nterstitialskip

We were there last weekend (March 1 & 2) Kyle & Kurt Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Robby Gordon and Roger and Casey Mears were there. Robby Gordon drove his Hummer H3 there, but the others flew in by helicopter. Sooooo Cool!!!

We were there last weekend (March 1 & 2) Kyle & Kurt Busch, Jimmie Johnson, Robby Gordon and Roger and Casey Mears were there. Robby Gordon drove his Hummer H3 there, but the others flew in by helicopter. Sooooo Cool!!!

Must be nice. I was at NASCAR on March 2nd, then waited 2 hours to get out of the parking lot! And watched all the big wigs get helicoptered out! :lol: Oh well, it was fun anyway.