TRT Meeting

Wanted to get this up, shoulda done it a couple weeks ago. The next TRT meeting will be on the 8th of April, I'll be attending. Any questions you want brought up: post them up here.... :laughing:

Bureau of Land Management

Barstow Field Office

2601 Barstow Road

Barstow, CA 92311

Phone: (760) 252-6000

Fax: (760) 252-6098

I was thinking the same thing. :banghead:

...and Woody have you heard from the GD guy on the grindings? I haven't, but it might be a good time to throw out the thought of "What if we can pimp some grindings for free?"....and see if the BLM might even be receptive about the concept. Even if it doesn't happen. It would be nice to know if they would even be "open" to that possibility.

:MBdance: Seems like we have quite a few asphalt guys around on the site lately. :laughing:

:laughing:

Haven't heard anything back from him yet. I left all my info. I'm sure they will jump on it if we can get it set up. Can't hurt to have extra laying around, worse case scenrio is put it over near the vendors..... I'll make sure to pass the info at the TRT....SF :laughing:

how bout the total lack of rescue equipment . why isnt the sand buggy left there with camp host for injury recovery.

where is the water truck they had at there disposal and road not graded

where is the helo pad they had a grant for ???

I was wondering what the real name of the water crossing was.....

If we attend ourselves can we inquire about anything we want to? Like spending, budgets? fees etc?

I believe you can at the end of the meeting when they open it up to public comment. At least that is the way most meetings go....and the one I did attend, which concerned funding, had time for public input.

I was wondering what the real name of the water crossing was.....

If we attend ourselves can we inquire about anything we want to? Like spending, budgets? fees etc?

I believe the river crossing is called the Amargosa River Crossing.

As for other items, they welcome any and all public input when it is time for questions and comments, but at the same the TRT doesn't want the public to treat it as a b*tch session. It is for constructive discussion for items at Dumont Dunes. :rockwoot:

I urge you to go to one of the meetings though if you have any ideas or things that might help the BLM.

Adgenda for Tuesday's meeting. As usual anyone needing a ride let me know?

DRAFT

Agenda for April 8, 2008

Barstow Field Office

10:00 am.

Call To Order

Pledge

Introductions

Approval of the Agenda

Approval of the Minutes from the February 5, 2008 meeting

Lunch decision ­ pizza or sandwiches (Bring $8.00 cash)

DISCUSSION ITEMS:

Fringe-Toe lizard Petition update Roxie ,

Bill

Dumont Dunes Road ­ Asphalt gringings update Lynnette

Sperry Route Management update Roxie

Helipod Project ­ Comments and timeline Lynnette

General Budget update, LE grant,

Dumont Restoration Grant

Lynnette

Presentation on fee machines

2008 Fee collection ­ current status

Lynnette

MEMBERS ITEMS

Public Comment

Adjournment

We will work through lunch.

Thanks Terry. I kinda hope I am slow at work next week so I can make it. I doubt I will be though.

Are you going?

As usual anyone needing a ride let me know?

That would be Yes

Couple days later, but I've been a little busy. Got to the meeting about 30 minutes late even. Again, I was the only user there.... :surrender: They were getting a presentation on some collection machines for the entrance. Think there on the right path with that. So there should be a couple new ones there by next season. They had a draft copy of the Helipad, looks like it will be pretty nice. And no access fee's were used to fund it. Looking at some more asphalt from the razor road project instead of the 40, supposed to get started sooner and be closer to dumont which will cut down transportation cost. Hopefully that will be complete by end of summer. BLM has the Funco for is stricly for law enforcement not EMS. They have some, but are lacking in exp drivers, Grant from Funco is stepping up to the plate and will be giving some classes to the pers that will be driving them, details still to be worked out though. The orange posts and caution they put on the closed trails seem to be working, Roxy said it looked like out of bounds travel was down since installation. They will be submitting for grant money soon, but just because they get some, doesn't mean it will all be for Dumont, Barsow BLM has over 3 million acres of land they oversee and that money is dispersed throughout all the areas. They are carrying over 180k (Dumont Money) into next year, with little bills still out, and the entrance fee machines will come from that as well. Most of that money will be for getting started on the upcoming season. Dr. William Presch, gave an update on the lizard, most all positive sounding, they seen as many if not more in all the areas they keep watch over. Still not outta the water, but sounding better to me. I asked about another Sat meeting, won't be the next one, but will be one on Sat before the season starts. The next meeting will be on June 3rd, 2008. Barstow BLM office. Hope some more can make it out, until next time....SF Woody :ninja:

Edited by wsky70