Nofear1 Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 What pipe do you guys think is the best for an LTR 450 Quote
Gazlay43 Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 (edited) DASA, HMF, Sparks, Yoshi, LRD, Trinity I have the trinity. Lots of people on LTR sites have DASA's I guarantee that the Sparks puts out good numbers also. If I had to do it all again I'd go with the Sparks, LRD, or HMF HMF is the best bang for your buck and has proven dyno numbers LRD actually put out like 1 more HP than any other pipe. Edited March 26, 2008 by Gazlay43 Quote
suzukilt Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 ltr450hq did a shoot out and the top 2 where dasa and yoshi, dasa was just a few points of a hp higher. I dont know if the sparks was out at the time of the shoot out. I went with the yosh, I liked that fact that you can use the factory heat sheild, where the dasa does not have one. hope this helps... Quote
powerhouse Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 Sparks Racing Pipes rock on that Bike ! I've done just about every pipe on that bike . Quote
Jakster884 Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 I changed my full yoshi for the DASA and love it. Quote
Nofear1 Posted March 26, 2008 Author Posted March 26, 2008 I changed my full yoshi for the DASA and love it. Thanks a lot guys that was a lot of help Quote
HarleyR Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 I have a Sparks on my 06' Wouldnt have it anyother way,performance quality and sound.... Quote
ltr450rider Posted March 26, 2008 Posted March 26, 2008 I have a Sparks on my 06' Wouldnt have it anyother way,performance quality and sound.... Damn Harley, there's no dunes in N.C., you must be going nutz out there. I rode Harley's with the Sparks, OMG that thing hauls azz. Ima gettin that one when I decide to waste money on a pipe. Quote
HarleyR Posted March 27, 2008 Posted March 27, 2008 Damn Harley, there's no dunes in N.C., you must be going nutz out there. I rode Harley's with the Sparks, OMG that thing hauls azz. Ima gettin that one when I decide to waste money on a pipe. Yeah my girlfriend has me on suicide watch I went with a group of friends to Carolina adventure world basically a couple thousand acres of trails.. mud mud and more mud... the MX and flat tracks are almost as much fun as Dumont but not really.. The old LTR was covered with mud, stalled in 3 feet of water, ran off the trail down in a gully into a tree... Quote
Gazlay43 Posted March 27, 2008 Posted March 27, 2008 oh and when you by a pipe i HIGHLY recommend buying a fuel controller and a cherry bomb Quote
ltr450rider Posted March 27, 2008 Posted March 27, 2008 Yeah my girlfriend has me on suicide watch I went with a group of friends to Carolina adventure world basically a couple thousand acres of trails.. mud mud and more mud... the MX and flat tracks are almost as much fun as Dumont but not really.. The old LTR was covered with mud, stalled in 3 feet of water, ran off the trail down in a gully into a tree... Quote
LCP Banshee Posted March 30, 2008 Posted March 30, 2008 Yeah my girlfriend has me on suicide watch I went with a group of friends to Carolina adventure world basically a couple thousand acres of trails.. mud mud and more mud... the MX and flat tracks are almost as much fun as Dumont but not really.. The old LTR was covered with mud, stalled in 3 feet of water, ran off the trail down in a gully into a tree... Quote
QUAD STAR 238 Posted April 4, 2008 Posted April 4, 2008 you cant go wron with yoshimura. i think there the best suzuki pipes. Quote
nightime Posted April 5, 2008 Posted April 5, 2008 oh and when you by a pipe i HIGHLY recommend buying a fuel controller and a cherry bomb I'm running the stock pipe & cherry bomb... you run a fuel controler and a bomb at the same time? And how much H.P. do get out of the after market pipes? Quote
Dune Cruzer Posted April 6, 2008 Posted April 6, 2008 You can't run a controller & cherry bomb at the same time, it's one or the the other. Quote
ocean's 4 Posted April 6, 2008 Posted April 6, 2008 Just run the stock pipe, if you just chop it off about 6 inches from the head, it's just like a drag pipe and puts out 25 more horse power. That, and stretch it 10 inches, that is good for at least another 20 horse power. Quote
suzukilt Posted April 7, 2008 Posted April 7, 2008 Dooner, actually you do run both at the same time, when you buy a power commander it comes with a crbm (aka cherry bomb) that you must plug in, its basically the key to access/use different maps. you can use the cherry bomb or crbm that comes with the controller, there is no difference the just have a different casing... Quote
Dune Cruzer Posted April 8, 2008 Posted April 8, 2008 Not sure about the Power Commander. I'm running the Yoshi PIM, which actually uses the plug in for the cherry bomb. MY BAAAD! Quote
suzukilt Posted April 8, 2008 Posted April 8, 2008 im not sure but I think the Pim is the only one like that... how do you like it? Quote
SandBox_Kid Posted April 8, 2008 Posted April 8, 2008 Just run the stock pipe, if you just chop it off about 6 inches from the head, it's just like a drag pipe and puts out 25 more horse power. That, and stretch it 10 inches, that is good for at least another 20 horse power. ....and chrome. Don't forget about the chrome. Quote
Dune Cruzer Posted April 9, 2008 Posted April 9, 2008 im not sure but I think the Pim is the only one like that... how do you like it? You know, for over $500 bucks for both the PIM & FIMAK, I'd better like it! But seriously, it's not bad. I know alot of LTR owners run the Power Commander with good results. :poop_hittin_the_fan: Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.