Goin out April 18-20th

777duner

We're goin out for one last trip to the the "D" and rollin the dice with the heat... :undecided: The Baker to Vegas foot race is on Saturday of that weekend... :moonwalk: Anyone been out during that in years past? What's been your experience? Lots of Gas, water, sunblock and a 45 cal.?

I have never done a full weekend that late in the season, but I have been out during the hot months. Be sure to have plenty of water and gas for your generator for AC. Don't ever ride alone either. ;)

You sure that race isn't on that Sunday too? If so, good luck getting around those racers. They don't like to move at all and they make you and your rig drive go around them so you have to drive in the oncoming traffic lane. :blury: (I think they like black diesel smoke though lol) Be sure to give yourself plenty of time leaving. :undecided:

post-3-1206543580_thumb.jpg

post-3-1206543530_thumb.jpg

I have never done a full weekend that late in the season, but I have been out during the hot months. Be sure to have plenty of water and gas for your generator for AC. Don't ever ride alone either. ;)

You sure that race isn't on that Sunday too? If so, good luck getting around those racers. They don't like to move at all and they make you and your rig drive go around them so you have to drive in the oncoming traffic lane. :chkn: (I think they like black diesel smoke though lol) Be sure to give yourself plenty of time leaving. :undecided:

post-3-1206543580_thumb.jpg

post-3-1206543530_thumb.jpg

I forgot about that!!!!!! Effin joggers!!!!!!!! Puff, puff puff!!!! They sucked our soot for 90 minues!!!!! :blury:

the race starts on sat so they will by closer to baker and dumont sat, sun they are closer to vegas but the race is both sat and sun. i posted a heads up for that weekend since it has been a hassle in the past so you can avoid it if you can.

I forgot about that!!!!!! Effin joggers!!!!!!!! Puff, puff puff!!!! They sucked our soot for 90 minues!!!!! :beercheers:

That was the first weekend I camped with you guys. I was glad I took Monday off and stayed an extra day.

The race starts Saturday morning and finishes on Sunday in Vegas...at the Hilton. The stretch near Dumont is at the beginging of the race...so I figure they'll all be gone. I come in and out through Baker from So Cal....I've heard some years to be freezin, then other years to be blazin hot... we'll just have to see how it go's I guess... thanks for the input

Just got back from this last weekend 3-28 through 3-30... warm but nice...and the sand was sick! post-3619-1206944272_thumb.jpg

Messin around near camp... notice my sweet riding boots!

Edited by 777duner

Those riding boots really do kick azz too! :blury: They seem to match yor gloves really well too. :dunno:

Heck yeah! The kids were buggin me to tak'em out... so I took off with the camera and decided to have a little fun of my own...