Doggie door help

Sincity_blondie

Ok im sure im opening myself up for tons of ridicule on this. But I need some help. Ive been looking at home depot, lowes and petsmart for a doggie door for the new house. Seems I have an unusually tall sliding glass door.

I cant be the only one with dogs that has this problem. Id rather not have to order a dog door off the internet, anyone know of someplace in town that sells a doggie door for a 94 ' door??? preferrably something I dont need tools to install?

Thanks for any info! Now that im going back to work, hate to leave the dog in the kennel all day when I have a doggie door for her now. Thanks!!

ps I plan on puttin the kennel in front of the dog door. I also have a cat and my dog tends to terrorize him. So she cant just stay home in house alone.

94" is about normal..

Most sliding glass doggie doors have an adjustable spring loaded thing on the top that adjust for diffrent door hights.. I know mine does.. I can measure mine but i bet any ol regular sliding glass door doggy door will fit.

We don't have doggie doors because we have cats that are indoor only. How are you going to keep the cat from going outdoors - or do you mind the cat going outdoors? :laughoff:

Actually I worried about that. But the doggie door would be in use while I was at work. Her kennel would be open at the doggie door, so the cat wouldnt have access.

Cat is definately an indoor cat. He has no front claws, so no goin outside for him. When I moved he freaked out. Hid in my sons closet for 2 days. He had lived in the other place his whole life.

Actually I worried about that. But the doggie door would be in use while I was at work. Her kennel would be open at the doggie door, so the cat wouldnt have access.

Cat is definately an indoor cat. He has no front claws, so no goin outside for him. When I moved he freaked out. Hid in my sons closet for 2 days. He had lived in the other place his whole life.

Would you have the kennel attached to the door? Reason I ask is what if the kennel moved somehow? My dogs are a little crazy and sometimes their kennels move, if they move around inside them. If there is any room for the cat to squeeze through an opening, he might get outside.

Be careful with those dog doors that connect to a slider. They make for an easy break in point. Also, would it be bad if a cat snuck out and got away? :beercheers:

or that bad if, while he was at work the dog terrorized the cat for 8 hours, chasing it around the house, and pissin in its litter?

come on people...sell your cats.

j/k cat lovers..dont kill me :ban-split:

Be careful with those dog doors that connect to a slider. They make for an easy break in point. Also, would it be bad if a cat snuck out and got away? :beercheers:

1x2 jammed into the sill so the door cant be opened and the security panel on the doggie door always in when we arent home :D