best way to get to Indio/ Coachella from Henderson?

dunefreak

Just a few more days and we'll be down at Coachella for the big music festival. :beer_bang:

My question is what is the best way to get there from Henderson? It seems the I15>10 and the 95>10 is about the same distance. Would I15 be the better route for towing a big azz hauler?

Just a few more days and we'll be down at Coachella for the big music festival. :beer_bang:

My question is what is the best way to get there from Henderson? It seems the I15>10 and the 95>10 is about the same distance. Would I15 be the better route for towing a big azz hauler?

YES!

Thats what I was thinking. Thanks Don. :D

I'm not looking forward to my fuel bill this weekend. :beer_bang:

How much is diesel down in that area right now? Do I wanna know? :beer_bang:

Here in 29 it is 4.39

Hey Pete, paid $4.27 in Barstow Sunday, paid $4.49 in Rancho on Saturday....it seems to be 18-28 cent more per gallon in So. Cal. Indio and that area is typically higher than most So. Cal locations kind of like Desert Center and Needles. Were dragging our TH back to Barstow for the Slash-X run, not looking forward to filling up at all. Given a choice, 15 would be faster, due to the multiple lanes and no so many curves and whoops.

Might be a little quicker if you jumped on the 247 here in Barstow and took it over to the 62 then down to the 10. That's the route I took to get to Glamis, not a bad drive at all....SF Woody :beer_bang:

Might be a little quicker if you jumped on the 247 here in Barstow and took it over to the 62 then down to the 10. That's the route I took to get to Glamis, not a bad drive at all....SF Woody :beer_bang:

That's a nice back route, but if it were me I'd do freeways... single-lane blacktop gives me the willies if I'm on it for more than a few dozen miles. Too many ugly head-ons...

DF: Instead of taking the 15 all the way to the 10, jump on the 215 in Devore. Then take the 30 east in San Bernardino. That'll cut about 20 miles or so off the route, and get you around the worst of the Ontario/IE traffic. Depending on the time of day, you'll still hit traffic up the grade thru Redlands into Yucaipa but that should be the worst of it.

BTW: 93.7 KCLB-FM... nice mix of alt-rock and classic stuff... it's what I switch to when KROQ fades out...

if it were me...

93/95 to vidal junction then take the 62 down to the 177 towards desert center then hop on the 10 from there.. I wouldnt go all the way to blythe.. eff that..

since your on your side of town.. the 95/10 way would probably be better that way you dont have to drive across town just to get to the freeway..

I did a milage check, Barstow, 247, 62, 10 is 97 miles...

Barstow, Ontario route to the same spot on the 10 is 116 miles...

Depending on the time of day and traffic really about the same, but if you get caught in that traffic on the freeway, then 247 would have been the ticket, I like back roads than freeway, more accidents to come up upon on the freeway...

That's a nice back route, but if it were me I'd do freeways... single-lane blacktop gives me the willies if I'm on it for more than a few dozen miles. Too many ugly head-ons...

DF: Instead of taking the 15 all the way to the 10, jump on the 215 in Devore. Then take the 30 east in San Bernardino. That'll cut about 20 miles or so off the route, and get you around the worst of the Ontario/IE traffic. Depending on the time of day, you'll still hit traffic up the grade thru Redlands into Yucaipa but that should be the worst of it.

BTW: 93.7 KCLB-FM... nice mix of alt-rock and classic stuff... it's what I switch to when KROQ fades out...

That was the route I meant. :laughoff:

Thanks for the input. :D

if it were me...

93/95 to vidal junction then take the 62 down to the 177 towards desert center then hop on the 10 from there.. I wouldnt go all the way to blythe.. eff that..

since your on your side of town.. the 95/10 way would probably be better that way you dont have to drive across town just to get to the freeway..

Yeah but I think I'd rather tow the hauler down main freeways instead of that back road chit. It wasn' too bad going to Glamis, but I'm going a little fartehr this time. And no, I wasn't going to go all teh way to Blythe. Mapquest doesn't even tell you to go that far down. :laughoff:

I was just summarizing the route (95 and getting down to the 10 or using the I15 and getting to the 10).

didnt know you were taking the hauler... In that case 15/215/30/10 :D

pay attention. :laughoff::laughoff::laughoff:

Just a few more days and we'll be down at Coachella for the big music festival. :laughoff: