BMX Racing

DarbyCrash

I was just curious if anybody on DDR is in the BMX racing scene. My kids have been doing it for about 2 years now and we spend at least 2-3 nights a week at a track.

Just wondering if anybody else here is envolved and spending time doing this.

If your not into this sport but looking for a way too exhaust your children and spend some of your hard earned cash doing something that's pretty cool, check into it. It's a lot of fun for the kids and the parents make a lot of new friends.

I was just curious if anybody on DDR is in the BMX racing scene. My kids have been doing it for about 2 years now and we spend at least 2-3 nights a week at a track.

Just wondering if anybody else here is envolved and spending time doing this.

If your not into this sport but looking for a way too exhaust your children and spend some of your hard earned cash doing something that's pretty cool, check into it. It's a lot of fun for the kids and the parents make a lot of new friends.

thats somethin id love to do

closest i can get to ridin without drivin 4 hours

dont have the money to buy a bike tho and the closest track is like 30 minutes away

i get hyped whenever i see a bmx track but then i realize o...no bike

yep! My daughter did if years. #1 in the girls, Silver State and Western Regionals for 4/5 years. Placed #10 in the Nation at Louisville, Kenn. with a new broken collar bone. Not bad for a girl.

She is/was ( til she moved to FL or college) real good friends with Burkheimer, Belcher, and a bunch of those guys that went Pro.

me 11 yrs ago.. :P

post-2-1212441119_thumb.jpg

I have been thinking about racing again however i dont think my drinkin and smokin and morbidily obese body would be up to it let alone a bike to hold me up.

I have been thinking about racing again however i dont think my drinkin and smokin and morbidily obese body would be up to it let alone a bike to hold me up.

Just take that chit to ssc they'll make that ma fackaaa strong :thumbsdown:

I wanna throw these out here to see what people might say...

Gene Partida, Matt Partida, team Covina Valley Cyclery

If your in the SoCal BMX racing scene, I'm sure you will comment. :beer_bang:

I don't know them or much about the team but I have heard that the Partida's are a bit on the annoying/irritating side and like the song says "anything you can do, I can do better."

Once again, that is what I have heard but I have no personal experience with these people. It's just the reply I recived when I asked :mischevious: BMX gossip is funny :laughoff::drunk::blury:

Awww c'mon. There are quite a few "drinkin and smokin and morbidily obese body" people out there. They are the most fun to watch. You would just have to race cruiser class.

Personally I tried it once about 1.5 years ago. Just for practice and to get my kids to shut up. I went around one time no problem and decided that the second time around I'd try and hit the jumps like I did when I was a kid. Uhhh, didn't work out so well. I cleared a table top and nosed into the next jump right in front of my 8 year old (trying to show him the old man still had it) Broke my left pinky finger and the pedal spun around and popped me in the knee cap and cracked it wide open. Needless to say, I limped off the track. Set my finger myself and that's when my daughter noticed that my shoe was filled with blood from the knee cap (didn't even notice it because the damn finger hurt so bad). Drove to the hospital around the corner and got it stiched up. Good times :mischevious: Damn kids and girlfriend will not let me go back out. Apperently "the old man doesn't have it anymore"

Anyway, for those of you that are interested in getting back into this or trying it out, go to http://www.ababmx.com/ and check it out. If you look under the tracks link, it will show you the ones in your area. Trust me when I say, your kids will love you for it, kids as young as 3 are out there. And if anybody needs a hookup for a bike, try http://www.bikealleybmx.com/ and tell Ruben Darby sent you. He'll take care of you, He's also a track owner if you have questions.

Check them out and see what their summer schedule is. I would like to take my grandson out to BC and get him started. I think your to young to be in the "Old Farts" class.

http://www.bouldercitybmx.com/

http://www.nellisbmx.com/

The first table top right out of the gate is where my daughter shattered her collar bone.

http://www.nellisbmx.com/HTML/TrackVideo.htm

Edited by desertskyz

I don't know them or much about the team but I have heard that the Partida's are a bit on the annoying/irritating side and like the song says "anything you can do, I can do better."

Once again, that is what I have heard but I have no personal experience with these people. It's just the reply I recived when I asked :slap: BMX gossip is funny :lol::lol::lol:

Annoying/irritating doesnt even begin to scratch the surface of that family. Try dealing with them 2-3 times a day. Talk about a dysfunctional family :lol:

Annoying/irritating doesnt even begin to scratch the surface of that family. Try dealing with them 2-3 times a day. Talk about a dysfunctional family :argue:

I asked a few people tonight about the Partida family and apperently you receive numerous condolances.

2-3 times a day, are you a member?

I try not to judge people I don't know but I did receive a bunch of "oh god" comments. I guess they've drawn a little bit of attention to themselves. It's not often you can mention someones name and have people say "oh crap" and roll their eyes as they look around and make sure no one is there spying.

I worked at Covina Valley Cyclery (the shop) for 4 1/2 years. I wouldnt allow the little bastard in my shop when I was there, I yelled at him a few times. Gene was the team manager for the last couple years while I was there.

i wish i had kept my cruiser instead of selling it a few years ago.. Was the only bike i had that could stay in one piece with me riding it :P

Twinwall sun rims, GT cranks, Landgear forks, All chromo redline frame and prolite bars with the bend in the ends.. Good stuff :D

Anyone have any suggestions on good chromo cruisers these days?

i wish i had kept my cruiser instead of selling it a few years ago.. Was the only bike i had that could stay in one piece with me riding it :P

Twinwall sun rims, GT cranks, Landgear forks, All chromo redline frame and prolite bars with the bend in the ends.. Good stuff :D

Anyone have any suggestions on good chromo cruisers these days?

Here are a couple of links for some nice bikes that all the old, fat, bald guys are using. Some are upwards of 300LBS so I'm sure it will hold you up.

http://www.intensebmx.com/, http://www.redlinebicycles.com/ These are the 2 most popular brands I've seen us old guys riding.

Hey ISBB, check out the Free Agent Ambush. About $290 and a great bike for just geting back out there. If you were down here I could show you at least 5 cruisers.

Intense makes great bikes. I also like the Felt cruiser, Felt is all of the origianal GT peeps, good stuff. Redline is OK in my book, nothing great though.

e had our son in the aba back in 01,02.03 he made it to 14th outa 500 riders in his division he got a motorcycle and never looked back. was alot a fun, lot of parental drama, nationals were a blast.

10 times more easier to deal with than little leauge................................................

e had our son in the aba back in 01,02.03 he made it to 14th outa 500 riders in his division he got a motorcycle and never looked back. was alot a fun, lot of parental drama, nationals were a blast.

10 times more easier to deal with than little leauge................................................

That is another reason I'm glad I got my kids into BMX racing. It has really made a difference in their riding abilities in the desert. Their confidence is 10 fold. They will follow me anywhere their quads (or me) will let them go. They are also paying more attention to what is around them which makes me feel much more comfortable. It's a fantastic training ground.

The biggest bonus of the BMX thing is now I have something else to hold over their heads to encourage them to be good. Grades, attitude, fighting, back talking are almost things of the past. If you want to race, don't piss me off :loser:

Last but not least, the kids that race BMX tend to be a little more focused and not let the peer pressure of drugs, drinking and sex get in their way from what I've seen. Yeah, their are a few bad apples but for the most part when your spending 2-3 times a week or more with your parents at the track, it doesn't leave you a whole lot of time to get in trouble. :beercheers:

Last but not least, the kids that race BMX tend to be a little more focused and not let the peer pressure of drugs, drinking and sex get in their way from what I've seen. Yeah, their are a few bad apples but for the most part when your spending 2-3 times a week or more with your parents at the track, it doesn't leave you a whole lot of time to get in trouble. :beercheers:

Guess i wasnt very focused.. :loser: :fro_smokin: