Jumpin into the forum with both feet!

sandawg

I miss my rail and am thinking I might want to trade my Rhino for a decent reliable rail. If I keep my Rhino I would consider trading my Toy hauler, a tag along 26 footer, for something smaller.

I am new to the forum but not new to Dumont or the other sandy areas in the southwest. Be doing it since 1976.

What I am looking for is help making a decision on what to do. I am uncertain at this point.

thanks. Smaller trailer, keep Rhino or trade Rhino for a rail.

Henderson

I miss my rail and am thinking I might want to trade my Rhino for a decent reliable rail. If I keep my Rhino I would consider trading my Toy hauler, a tag along 26 footer, for something smaller.

I am new to the forum but not new to Dumont or the other sandy areas in the southwest. Be doing it since 1976.

What I am looking for is help making a decision on what to do. I am uncertain at this point.

thanks. Smaller trailer, keep Rhino or trade Rhino for a rail.

Henderson

That doesn't solve my issue. If I just buy a buggy I have to leave the Rino home. My trailer will haul my Rhino and the ATV now. I have always had a spare vehicle to go on a trip. If I trade the rhno for a buggy I can still take the quad and the rail if it is under 13 feet long. My old rail was 13 feet long and it worked perfectly.

With the economy the way it is, most people don't have the money to spend so why not just think about trading for what I want. That way 2 of us get what we want and no one spends any money.

I do appreciate that you responded though!

Pat

Edited by SANDAWG

1st off welcome to the site! :D:think:

It really depends on what kind of rail you want and how much your Rhino is worth. You might be better off selling the Rhino then shopping around for exactly what you want. There are some killer deals out there right now thats for sure!

I say go back to what feels good to you. Sometimes in our lives we want get back into the mix, but be comfortable with what we are used to. Just do what feel right for you.

You'll know. Shop around. Like dunefreak, there are some killer deals out there.

Welcome! Like to see old school peeps here. :think: I read your profile. Got some pic's of the day, we would love to see them.

Thanks, I just hope there is someone out there that sees this thing as a positive. I tried to sell the KFX 400 for a year and had no takers. I'm reluctant to try and sell anything now. We'll give this idea some time for more to see it and see what happens. Thanks for the input. Especially from Hendertucky or Hooterville in the old days. Home of the Green Cloud.

Edited by SANDAWG

i would start with advertising the rhino for sale or trade. put ads here glamis.com craigslist dunebuggy.com see if maybe someone is up for a trade or might be able to get what you want out of the rhino? also offer up a trade if you find something for sale you like. it is a tough time to sell so people that didnt advertise a trade might jump on it.

Thanks, I just hope there is someone out there that sees this thing as a positive. I tried to sell the KFX 400 for a year and had no takers. I'm reluctant to try and sell anything now. We'll give this idea some time for more to see it and see what happens. Thanks for the input. Especially from Hendertucky or Hooterville in the old days. Home of the Green Cloud

:think::shake::banghead: I remember that and Pepcon too.

Thanks for the welcome and the comments. Now that I am officailly retired I will have more time to enjoy the site, meet some people and enjoy the dunes more often that the 5 trips a year that I have done for years. I will look for some old pictures from Pismo and Sand Mt. from the 70's before Pismo got so resticted and Sand Mt. had no bathrooms.

Have a great day and thanks again.

Edited by SANDAWG

Thanks for the welcome and the comments. Now that I am officailly retired I will have more time to enjoy the site, meet some people and enjoy the dunes more often that the 5 trips a year that I have done for years. I will look for some old pictures from Pismo and Sand Mt. from the 70's before Pismo got so resticted and Sand Mt. had no bathrooms.

Have a great day and thanks again.

Found some old pictures from Pismo and Sand Mountain. 1st 3 wheeler 110 Honda. My 1sts rail 1641 Turbo that was in a tunnel rail. i put everything into the Sprint 3 frame 1978.

OUr group on top of sand mt. and family at Pismo Thanksgiving 1979. We loved them both, almost had them to ourselves.