2008 Sand Addiction Sandcar shoot out

MQUnlimited

Based on total stars this is how they rank.

S.C.U.=110

Fonco=107

Eyeball Fab.=104

Dragon Fire=98

Sand Limo=95

S.U.=95

Revolution=95

Safari=94

Etreme Fab.=91

Quick Sand=87

V W Country=85

O.C. Sandcar=77

R.F.R.=68

Congrats to S.C.U. and I also wanted to say congrats to Eyeball Fab. 3rd is good even if it is just a small shop. They build a great car.

Edited by wild1s

Sandcars Unlimited was second last year and first this year, and Funco was first last year and second this year. My last two cars have been SCU and Funco............ :black: :black:

What that tells me is Joe knows sand cars....Welcome out of hibernation, by the way!!!! :black:

I had never heard of Eyeball fab until I saw a green rail tearing up comp hill@Dumont....

I might be picking up a sandrail next year and it's going to be tough as im eyeing Eyeball and SCU cars.

IMO both are freaking AWESOME cars.

I had never heard of Eyeball fab until I saw a green rail tearing up comp hill@Dumont....

I might be picking up a sandrail next year and it's going to be tough as im eyeing Eyeball and SCU cars.

If you are shopping for a car I would try and stop and talk with Chris he is a great guy and I guess other people would say the same as Bob and myself they build a SWEET ride.

i dont think you could go wrong with an eyeball car. the small personalised service. and the only thing that kept eyeball from toppling funco was eas of entry and head room with a helmet on. i guess those cant be helped.

that car tested was the first wide body chris made he fixed the bumpsteer. and im not a fan of turbos. that car needs a big block imo the phantom is the car i have. it handles every bit as good as the wide body. and the ride is awsom. it only weighs 2440 im real happy with my car. you couldnt go wrong with either car. ( wide body or the phantom) and youll also notice most eyeball owners wont part with there car. lol there very rarely found used. mine is 3 years old and theres nothing out there new that could convince me to sell mine and get another................................ :sophie:

and the green car must be mine if your talking eyeball cars theres 1 other green one like mine but he only goes to glamis............. and he has no graphics

Edited by barefoot bob

and the green car must be mine if your talking eyeball cars theres 1 other green one like mine but he only goes to glamis............. and he has no graphics

Hey Bob the other green car is Phils, the guy that lives next door to Chris and it has graphics now here it is.

post-331-1221108043_thumb.jpg

since there is a bunch of us who love duning i broke out the duning categories for curiosity seems eyeball tied scu and beat funco. this will make for great arguments with joe and ogp this season ( all in good fun of course) :sophie:

scu

jumping 5

whoops 5

handles rough 5

high speed 5

handling 5

transistion 5

eyeballfab

jumping 5

whoops 5

handles rough 5

high speed 5

handling 5

transistion 5

funco

jumping 4

whoops 4

handles rough 4

high speed 5

handling 5

transistion 4

looks like eyeball tied scu in those categories and beat funco in those categories.

so i guess i can be proud that eyeballs can do all this every bit as well as scu !!! im stoked scu is the benchmark. and a lil bity 3 man shop kept up with the giant !!

Edited by barefoot bob

i dont think you could go wrong with an eyeball car. the small personalised service. and the only thing that kept eyeball from toppling funco was eas of entry and head room with a helmet on. i guess those cant be helped.

that car tested was the first wide body chris made he fixed the bumpsteer. and im not a fan of turbos. that car needs a big block imo the phantom is the car i have. it handles every bit as good as the wide body. and the ride is awsom. it only weighs 2440 im real happy with my car. you couldnt go wrong with either car. ( wide body or the phantom) and youll also notice most eyeball owners wont part with there car. lol there very rarely found used. mine is 3 years old and theres nothing out there new that could convince me to sell mine and get another................................ :sophie:

I'm thinking was yours....

Joes car is a Subie and Handles much better than the car tested. I guess its the extra weight of the V-8 that slows my cars handling down. In my opinion and like the article starts out. The cars driven were driven much harder than most people dune. I personally know I cant even come close to driving my car to its full potential. If for a second I thought I could, I was humbled going on a ride with the Funco boys at glamis. What disappointed me with the shootout is still a few of the major builders werent there, TATUM, EXTREME, DEJONG, etc. 3 badass cars with potential to be the top dog in the shootout.

That would be cool! Lots of manufactures....Sinister(Federal), King, Short, etc....

Lots? Well not really anymore. :undecided: That might be an issue to get a good turnout and make it interesting. There's really only a few top busa car builders anymore (like some you named) that have quite a few cars out there already: King, Short, & Tom Pro. That's pretty much it. Sick Sand Travel, but they are no longer. :( Sonic, Sandbullet, and a bunch of some copy-cat builders that are either no longer or don't build enough cars or good enough cars to be recognized, IMO.

Yoshi definitely builds a badass car that looks like it works very well. Hopefully within the next year or so we start to see some of his cars in the dunes (at Dumont & Glamis) to see how well they work. It's always great seeing other competitive cars being built that work in the dunes.

All I know is I'd love to be right up there and ready to prove my car's abilities if such an event would take place. I am so happy with my new car. Hopefully SSC starts building more cars like my custom build. It does so damn well it's rediculous. :blink: yiah yiah :grin:

Lots? Well not really anymore. Sick Sand Travel, but they are no longer. :( Sonic, Sandbullet, and a bunch of some copy-cat builders that are either no longer or don't build enough cars or good enough cars to be recognized, IMO.

WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen?

There is a dude on DB.com trying to get off the ground, his buggy looks pretty sick, has videos of it and its def a performer.

WHAT?!?!?! When did this happen?

There is a dude on DB.com trying to get off the ground, his buggy looks pretty sick, has videos of it and its def a performer.

What part of my post exactly are you referring to? SST? or another builder?

I think sandbullet MAY still be around, but I heard Sonic is no longer. SST just recently closed it's doors is what I've heard from MANY people.

Got a link for the guy on db.com?

since there is a bunch of us who love duning i broke out the duning categories for curiosity seems eyeball tied scu and beat funco. this will make for great arguments with joe and ogp this season ( all in good fun of course) :sophie:

scu

jumping 5

whoops 5

handles rough 5

high speed 5

handling 5

transistion 5

eyeballfab

jumping 5

whoops 5

handles rough 5

high speed 5

handling 5

transistion 5

funco

jumping 4

whoops 4

handles rough 4

high speed 5

handling 5

transistion 4

looks like eyeball tied scu in those categories and beat funco in those categories.

so i guess i can be proud that eyeballs can do all this every bit as well as scu !!! im stoked scu is the benchmark. and a lil bity 3 man shop kept up with the giant !!

I Kinda Like how my mini van handles. What impresses me the most about it is how it handles flopping back and forth over the razors and the off camber stuff. It almost handles like a mid engine car or a 2 seater.

Yeah Bob its all in good fun.

Edited by OGP