Funco Regatta Postponed

OGP

I read on the FUNCO website that the Regatta has been postponed. There is still going to be a large gathering of FUNCO owners on Pad 4 Nov. 8th, But all the hoopla of the regatta is being postponed due to a struggling economy. The normal carne asada cook out, poker run etc. isnt happening. But Im sure the haulin a$$ fast buggy rides are! Even after reading the news Im still looking forward to meeting up with the minivan boys that weekend. I highly recommend anyone else that is planning a trip to glamis around that time frame look into going the weekend of nov 8th. If you want to experience some fast driving through the dunes and you think you can hang...... COME ON OUT.

Yeah OGP, that's what Grant told Woods and I at the SSSS. :undecided:

Kinda sad, but they will be back into it again soon.

The George's love to put on them parties for their customers and friends. :headbang1:

:peeps: :beercheers::laughoff: :peeps: :dope: :no_no: :peeps: :lol::lol:

The dune rides sound killer toooooooo. :randog:

thats a lot of soccer moms in one place :?: :beercheers:

Come on out sometime and go on a ride with the Funco/soccer moms Bob. I think you will get a new meaning of what "going on a fast buggy ride" really is. :ah: These guys drive so fast and so hard, its almost like they are trying to break there cars. When woods and I were in my car on one of these rides, we had my car up on 2 wheels twice. And it wasnt the rear wheels!!! lol

Why dont all the Funco owners put some cash in and sponsor there own :blink: .. With all the talking they do about there cars I would suppose it wouldnt be a problem if all the owners put up 50 bucks and helped Grant oout a little this year and maybe next year will be better... just a suggestion :beercheers:

would be kinda sweet to see everyone to put there wallet where there mouths are and step up.. just a thought :laughing::laughoff:

again just a suggestion

Capt

Why dont all the Funco owners put some cash in and sponsor there own :blink: .. With all the talking they do about there cars I would suppose it wouldnt be a problem if all the owners put up 50 bucks and helped Grant oout a little this year and maybe next year will be better... just a suggestion :beercheers:

would be kinda sweet to see everyone to put there wallet where there mouths are and step up.. just a thought :laughing::laughoff:

again just a suggestion

Capt

The regatta is already a paid event. And i imagine it is by far the largest gathering of same brand car owners. I Hadnt heard anything about it being canceled until I stumbled on it on the website. My guess is the regatta isnt happening due to the lack of FUNCO owners Participation . Who knows, maybe a bit of both. But my guess is if the entrance fees were increased to keep the regatta alive most of us funco owners would step up to the plate and pay it. Its an awesome weekend of duning and entertainment. It had totally slipped my mind that the poker run was the same weekend. So Poker run it is and duning with the funco guys will have to wait for another weekend.

Edited by OGP

SO does this still mean you aren't going out to D for the poker run, Tim??? I guess it's already starting to be like last season. :beercheers::(

I hope this season of duning is much better than last season for me. The tranny broke twice and then buying a new house in the middle didnt help much. Things are starting off crappy already. A possible memorial service this weekend may Interfere with kickoff for me.

I am going to the Poker Run! Even if I have to RHINO UP!