my husband's nuts

Richard Cheese

My Husband's Nuts' snacks getting national exposure

By COURTENAY EDELHART, Californian staff writer

cedelhart@bakersfield.com | Wednesday, Oct 8 2008 4:12 PM

Last Updated: Wednesday, Oct 8 2008 10:19 PM

My Husband’s Nuts, a Bakersfield producer of almond snacks, will be featured on ABC’s “The View” Friday.

My Husband's Nuts almond packages come in four flavors: smoked; onion garlic; chili con lemon; and butter toffee.

Jennifer Rogers-Etcheverry started My Husband’s Nuts five years ago to supplement sales of her almond grower husband’s crops. He has about 180 acres of almond trees.

The company sells 5-ounce bags of nuts either raw or in one of four flavors: butter toffee, chili con lemon, natural smoke or onion garlic.

Rogers-Etcheverry mailed product samples to food critic Phil Lempert, whose work appears online, in magazines and on TV and radio under the name The Supermarket Guru.

Lempert occasionally appears on “The View” doing a segment called “Five in Five,” in which he spends five minutes highlighting five products he likes.

Lempert said he gets up to 300 product samples a week, but My Husband’s Nuts stood out.

“It was an exceptional product. I like the flavor. It’s very tasty and crispy,” he said. “And obviously it has a very cute name.” Rogers-Etcheverry was thrilled when he told her that her snack would get national exposure.

“I don’t know what it will mean for us, exactly, but I know it can’t hurt,” she said.

In her wildest dreams, it could help the company grow beyond a small mom-and-pop operation.

For now, Rogers-Etcheverry runs the company from home with unpaid friends and family members. She hires seasonal employees during the holidays, when My Husband’s Nuts sees demand increase for gift baskets.

The snacks are sold online at www.myhusbandsnuts.com and at drug stores, grocery stores, gourmet food shops, wineries and online. The Web site also sells shirts and bags with the company’s logo.

My Husband’s Nuts has shipped 3.5 tons of nuts so far this year, and projects it will have shipped as much as 5 tons after the holidays.

beeeeyotch, step off my nut snack!!! :rockwoot::beercheers: