race gas

florida boy

were is that located at $6.50 for the pump. that sounds like better deal

??? math here please im confused

5gal for 65.oo

or 6.50 a gallon at the pump

well, that means 10 gallons is 65 dollars.

how is cans the better deal ?? isnt the canned stuff about 13.00 a gallon at that rate ????

and av gas is a way better deal when most of the bikes running can easily get by with 100LL easily

i was running 800 + hp in my rail ( blown 383) and no ping with 100LL :beercheers: i dynoed my car to those numbers with 100LL

Edited by barefoot bob

He was saying the 6.50 pump is a better deal than whats available here in town.

Isnt the av gas oxygenated??? Ive heard bad things about av gas in two strokes that wern't jetted for it.

I normally run straight C12 in the nitrous bike with only a slight ping sometimes if the bottle pressure is too high, I run my other one on 91 pump. Im gonna try the 110 pump this weekend :)

Edited by britincali

e85 is good fuel with about 103 octane but it will require a increase in fuel flow. im running it in my turbo car @ 14psi and it works great. my bike is running VP q16 IMO its the best fuel money can buy for us running high compression or high boost #'s. its $13.50 a gallon and worth every penny. i was running c16 and picked up 4hp going to q16 properly tuned(ended up going up 3 pilot an 5 main sizes for jetting). with only a 0.4 liter bike that's a lot. i have 16.5:1 compression and experienced detonation with c12.

it sounds like the 110 at razor rd services is a good deal at should work for 85% of duners.

it sounds like the 110 at razor rd services is a good deal at should work for 85% of duners.

My GSS bike is stupid high compression, every now and then pings ever so slightly on C12 I ran 3lb of nitrous through it on sat with the 110 pump and dint hear a single ping. Its damn good stuff IMO and must be pretty fresh :thumbsdown:

• 2 weeks later...

unocal 110 is cheaper than vp.

i think vp stands for very pricey

i doubt you need half the chemicles they put in it.

100LL is good stuf its still has enough lead in it the lower cooling properties is pretty much all myth

Yep there it is.

Unocal is also know as Sunnoco.

• 4 weeks later...

In my flat bottom i used to run unocal 110 but then i switched to av gas.the only thing is in both of my 1050`s the main jet went up 2 or 3 sizes.the reason i changed was George @ clay smith cams/eng.. said i was kind of wasting my money & av gas would be just fine.since he has done all my machine work and helped me with the motor combo on both of my big blocks,and he also runs this in his stuff with the same motor combos. i put them together and they run hard.boat motor is blown & at 15lbs of boost it made right @ 1000 HP.my 65 it is N/A with NOS on the motor it made a little over 600H.P. Both motors have been together for 8 years.also both motors will turn nearly 8000 rpm,no problem yet..knock on wood.i dont know what av gas i get at the river but i know i get it from parker oil.i think all the av gas today is the same but when i`m running them hard i always do a plug check at least on one of the corners of the motor.i guess it boils down to what you want to spend & what is easier for you to get.enough rambling for now,i`m done.. :D