For anyone who likes the street

RAGDOLL MX

:laughoff: :shocked2: My buddy, Wiley, is into that crap. I've always wondered what those guys get out of that sh*t. ??? No offense at all, Ragdoll MX, but.....Looks pretty :flipoff:. I just don't get it! :laughoff::laughoff:

It must be a thrill for some poeple :laughoff: ....but not for me. I like RIDING. :laughoff:

:laughoff: :shocked2: My buddy, Wiley, is into that crap. I've always wondered what those guys get out of that sh*t. ??? No offense at all, Ragdoll MX, but.....Looks pretty :flipoff:. I just don't get it! :laughoff::laughoff:

It must be a thrill for some poeple :laughoff: ....but not for me. I like RIDING. :laughoff:

its just another form of riding, belive me it takes skill to roll up at 70mph and spike the front brakes and roll into a stoppie for 100 feet, it takes some bawls to sit on the front fairing and pull a high chair wheelie.

just a different ride

saw about 40 of those bastards last night.. one of them w/ NO lights whatso ever wheeeling down I-15 around 11:30ish he was doing at least 90mph in a wheelie down the freeway as he blew past me like i was sittin still and i was doin 75-80ish

:rockwoot::beercheers: My buddy, Wiley, is into that crap. I've always wondered what those guys get out of that sh*t. ??? No offense at all, Ragdoll MX, but.....Looks pretty :drinkbeer:. I just don't get it! :huh: :thumb:

It must be a thrill for some poeple :grin: ....but not for me. I like RIDING. :rockwoot:

I remember one night after a party at your house, wiley flew past paul,angela and I at 120+ in a wheel stand on that 1000 he had breifly :grin:

You've heard of the movie "Dead man walking" well I call those guys

"Dead men riding" Here's a smilie for them:

post-23-1146440052_thumb.gif

Sorry Ragdoll. I have to agree with Don on this one. :drinkbeer:

Those boys have lost it..... :beercheers:

Nice smilie Don!!!

I remember one night after a party at your house, wiley flew past paul,angela and I at 120+ in a wheel stand on that 1000 he had breifly :blink:

He still has that GSXR1000, Chris. ??? He's had it for a long time now. Yes he's wrecked it God knows how many times, but he still has it. It's all black now.

How about that one party I had when his buddy thought he was gonna be cool and pull a wheelie all the way down the street w/ his girl on the back and he dumped her right off! :rockwoot::thumb::grin::grin: Dumbass! Then his pos leaked oil all down my gutter, the came the cops because someone called em , then I had to fill out a police report and then by that time buzz was killed. :drinkbeer: :huh: :beercheers: moron!

Most these guys have laid their bikes down more than once trying these stupid stunts. To me it's a waste of some nice bikes. :rockwoot:

Not to mention the number of people that have died or been irreversibly damaged in crashes unnecessarily. The street is a whole lot more dangerous on a bike than the dirt. I always remember that the smallest car is still bigger than the biggest bike.

Not to mention the number of people that have died or been irreversibly damaged in crashes unnecessarily. The street is a whole lot more dangerous on a bike than the dirt.

that is exactly why i ride the dirt now

There are 2 types of riders...those who have crashed and those who WILL crash. I myself have been down twice. 1st time was not pretty..October 1993 about 30 of us were buzzing Mt. Charleston at a good clip. It seemed the residents decided to shovel some gravel into one of the left hand turns. I was in the lead by about 1/4 mile and when I came into the turn, there it was...GRAVEL all over the road. I had 2 choices, lay her down and take my chances with the asphalt or eat shiat and go into the trees and break my neck. Well, I opted for number one...but the problem came when my ankle got caught between the shifter and foot peg..Instantly broke the ankle then came the hip, then came my shin. Finally I got the bike kicked off me. I put my hands over my face shield...BAD IDEA! As I started flipping, I broke both elbows. After flipping I started sliding (thank God for leather) but that damn mile marker sign just had to jump out and break my ribs. I came to a stop face down in the dirt. All I heard was voices yelling my name and I thought for sure I was a gonner, but I wasn't..They closed down the road both directions to Kyle Canyon and flight for life came to the rescue. While in our fabulous UMC trauma center, the NHP trooper decided to come in and give me a butt load of tickets...Speeding (speedo stuck at 132), Failure to maintain control, illegal lane change (bike went over double yellow while sliding), distruction of state property (mile marker sign) and to top it all off...no proof of registration or insurance (it's probably still somewhere in the woods). Yeah that was a bad night...not to mention I lived in an apartment on the 2nd floor so I had to stay with my Mom for 3 months until I could walk up the stairs. Think that would have stopped me...oh no I'm a glutton for punishment. So I figure get rid of the crotch rocket and get a cruiser. July 2005, sitting at a stoplight Windmill and 215 at a red friggn' light. Lady in a mini-van just didn't see that big white bike, bright white shirt I was wearing and the damn red light staring everyone in the face decides to plow right into my a$$ end. Well that sent me to the doc of rotator cuff surgery along with a dislocated humeris (sp?). Think I'd learn my lesson? Oh no, I'm still riding, but you can bet your life I wear leather, watch what's going on with the cages around me and pray everytime I get on the bike. As for the trick riders, yeah it takes skill and a large set of BALLZ to do the sh*t they do...I admire their skill and hope they have lots of life insurance. Take care and keep the rubber side down.

Not to mention the number of people that have died or been irreversibly damaged in crashes unnecessarily. The street is a whole lot more dangerous on a bike than the dirt. I always remember that the smallest car is still bigger than the biggest bike.

Riding is riding and danger is danger, be it street or dunes. How many people have been irreversibly damaged or died at the dunes either on bikes, quads, or in sandrails? It is easy to point fingers and look down your nose at something you don't do or don't understand.

Riding is riding and danger is danger, be it street or dunes. How many people have been irreversibly damaged or died at the dunes either on bikes, quads, or in sandrails? It is easy to point fingers and look down your nose at something you don't do or don't understand.

And it's easy to make assumptions which you know nothing about. I have been riding motorcycles since I was five years old and have had a license to ride on the street since I was sixteen. So that means I have been riding on the street for over 25 years so don't imply I'm pointing a finger at something at which I nothing about. Riding a bike on the street is absolutely NOTHING like riding on the dirt. You don't have idiots in cars talking on cell phones while putting on their makeup and taking care of the kids while they're driving in the dunes. I have seen many people injured or killed on street bikes and some of them have been friends. Has that stopped me? NO Will it stop me in the future? Who knows? Ash has already made a statement that is undeniably true:"There are two kinds of riders. The ones that have been down and the ones that are going down." And here's another: "It's not if but when are you going to crash." So here's one for for you there bullseye0169: People in glass houses should not throw stones. :banghead:

post-23-1146839478_thumb.jpg

Here's a picture of my bike.

Edited by Don29palms