Annual Pass Question

Why does he not just pay the $30.00 and help out with all the things the BLM needs to keep Dumont and other places open.

If he didn't go alone and took just one friend then it would only cost them $15.00 a piece. That is less then a 30 pack of beer.

If they can't afford to pay 15.00 each then maybe they shouldn't go and save their money for more important things.

OK I'll stop now. I just fanning the flame.

Pay your way or Stay a Way

its not the amount...but the principle....

our tax money and green sticker money should be doing the trick...

to keep it open?

it was open for 20 million years before the BLM put a gate in front of it and said give me money!!!

i'll pay for my passes...and not complain...but don't encourage the gov to get into my pockets even more than they already are.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe because we care more about fellow duners then the blm and their fees....not saying they dont help and are'nt neccasary....just saying theres planty of people paying lots of money to be there...it wont kill anybody if someone borrows a very expensive season pass that deserves to be put to good use.

me too

]""insert cheesy dune cliche here"

:DDRrocks::hello::dayum:

its not the amount...but the principle....

Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Edited by desertskyz

very interesting. If your worried about people running passes to their friends before they get to the gate, then why dont you ask the BLM how come they dont check passes at camps. It says on the pay display in vehicle windshield at all times.

here is my take

why do we even have to pay to get into dumont??? because the expenditures @ dumont for the government outweigh what the state and federal govt give them every year to run the off road riding area.

that is where our fees come in

the more people that pay to get into the dunes (instead of borrowing a friends pass), the less we will possibly have to pay in the future

so, in a round about way, your actions of allowing other peeps to use your pass, instead of paying their own way, possibly contributes to dumont running a deficit again this year, and recessitate the need to charge even more money for passes next year

Edited by richard cheese

here is my take

why do we even have to pay to get into dumont??? because the expenditures @ dumont for the government outweigh what the state and federal govt give them every year to run the off road riding area.

the more people that pay to get into the dunes (instead of borrowing a friends pass), the less we will possibly have to pay in the future

so, in a round about way, your actions of allowing other peeps to use your pass, instead of paying their own way, possibly contributes to dumont running a deficit again this year, and recessitate the need to charge even more money for passes next year

i understand that point cheesman...

but the sandsport industry has only grown over the last ten years and when have we EVER seen any fees or spending amounts go down?

not only has it grown...but it has errupted at an incredible rate...and if your point was accurate (more people buy passes=less fees in the future) than i think that surely would have happened by now...

i just like to make sure we see the big picture and not just agree with the GOV and blm when they say we owe them more money...or whatever they say...

and why on big holliday weekends, when the quanity of people go up, which equals more fees paid, should our fee prices increase???

more people should equal less fees not more... it doesn't line up.

and why should we have to buy separate passes for glamis and dumont?

we cant be in both places at once....

Edited by SandSoulja

here is my take

Not so true Cheese... 1st off let me start with my pass....its only borrowed maybe 4 times a year so I highly doubt that money will be missed. If it is then I suspect more problems out there than a pass collection fee..

Secondly when was the government actually fiscally responsible??? NEVER!! The fees will go up and the amount used ,spent or allocated will be less every year or every other year. As you and I have both seen through the years that govt grows and taxes grow...wasted money and I am certain that there is wasted money in the pot somewhere... So not so true

:DDRrocks:

Capt

i understand that point cheesman...

but the sandsport industry has only grown over the last ten years and when have we EVER seen any fees or spending amounts go down?

not only has it grown...but it has errupted at an incredible rate...and if your point was accurate (more people buy passes=less fees in the future) than i think that surely would have happened by now...

i just like to make sure we see the big picture and not just agree with the GOV and blm when they say we owe them more money...or whatever they say...

We dont owe them CHIT. I pay a fee that seems to be ever increasing and dont really see too many changes. Fees doubled and the road is still horrible. It was nice when the fee was extremely low and the road was not maintained, it kept certain people out.

And its not like I take 3 vehichles out and only use 2 passes.. If another truck is in my camp and I am not using my Pass then I dont see why it would be a problem to use it as they are probably towing something out for me anyways..... and its my junk in the back of there truck... sooo plain me da problm Cheeser?

Capt

And its not like I take 3 vehichles out and only use 2 passes.. If another truck is in my camp and I am not using my Pass then I dont see why it would be a problem to use it as they are probably towing something out for me anyways..... and its my junk in the back of there truck... sooo plain me da problm Cheeser?

Capt

So there using ur pass and ur already out there? your not talking about taking a pass to them at the gate no?

So there using ur pass and ur already out there? your not talking about taking a pass to them at the gate no?

Nah... I have 2 separate passes... 1 for my truck and 1 for the truck that tows my rail out.

I use my extra to loan out if someone needs a pass.

I am to lazy to drive to the entrance and I am not talking about 2 vehicles using 1 pass

Capt

Nah... I have 2 separate passes... 1 for my truck and 1 for the truck that tows my rail out.

I use my extra to loan out if someone needs a pass.

I am to lazy to drive to the entrance and I am not talking about 2 vehicles using 1 pass

Capt

That is what I thought you meant.

I dont want to ask questions, I want to provide answers and solutions to all of our problems. Simple plan hard to put into action due to the GOV

Ye of great wisdom and experience. Do you know what TRT is, Who they Stand for, and the hours and hours of time they put in tring to kept the Outdoors Open to all. I'll bet they would love to met you so you could solve all the their problems.

Jezzze everyone, Do the right thing just buy a frigggin pass and have some fun.

Shoot ya'll. I think some feathers a bein' ruffle here.

post-1439-1224711020_thumb.jpg

Edited by desertskyz

Ye of great wisdom and experience. Do you know what TRT is, Who they Stand for, and the hours and hours of time they put in tring to kept the Outdoors Open to all. I'll bet they would love to met you so you could solve all the their problems.

Jezzze everyone, Do the right thing just buy a frigggin pass and have some fun.

Shoot ya'll. I think some feathers a bein' ruffle here.

post-1439-1224711020_thumb.jpg

I was not stating anything bad about the TRT I like what they do, maybe i am biased towards the BLM