How was your 2016?

dunefreak

2016 wasn't the best of years as we lost a ton of good people. I even lost a couple of friends myself. :( However I try to optimistic and look back at the good. Anna & I still have our health, family, friends, and jobs that allow us to do quite a bit of what we love in life. 

I wish you all a healthy and happy 2017! Cheers to the new year. :beercheers:

How did 2016 treat you?

I saw this on Instagram and found it funny...

15538639_284116995324400_3898314224262184960_n.jpg

• Like 1

Highs, lows, ebbs. flows, just like most years I suppose. Still have the partial paralysis on the right side along with nerves and feelings being all jackaloped up where hot feels cold and cold feels hot, and no feeling in my fingers but I still get out on occasion to sling the RZR around. Sure do miss being able to do the same on the old DS650's but hey, desert and sand is still desert and sand.

Have met a grip of new folks over the past couple of years since I've had to switch vehicles so that's been a plus. Finally got to get back out to D earlier this year and am hitting it back up sometime in the Spring.

Look forward to seeing some of you fine folks again. Stay safe and have the happiest of new years.

Ace

• Like 1

I think like anyone I could complain about 2016. But things are looking up for the first time in about 8 years. Biz is finally picking up, met a few great people, or became closer with them. I'm walking and getting along (as good as I can) got some new toys.

So all in all 2016 wasn't bad!! 

Here's to an amazing 2017!!  🍻🍻

• Like 2

Mine wasn't all perfect, but it was still pretty good. I still have my job, I still have a roof over my head, I still have a few friends that love me, I still have my family, even though they are far away, Shasta made it another year, just barely, Mike still keeps me around, maybe for the entertainment.. haha.. I have seen some beautiful places, went on a couple of awesome adventures. It wasn't all unicorn poop, I have had several set backs, disappointments and health issues.  All I can hope for is the same in 2017. I will not be sad to see 2016 over, but will watch it slowly fade away into 2017. Keep on keeping on, it's not what happens to you, but how you react to the adversity. 

And of course I picked up my new baby in 2016!! Best purchase I have ever made!

15025501_10211108717382995_4987491299987998896_o.jpg

Ya know Pete... Its funny you posted this. 2016 was a rough year for many people, I for one really cant complain. Its easy to pick out all the bad things that happened, but all in all I would rather look at all the positive. Like you, we have our health, jobs, food on the table, roof over our head and fuel in the toys. We can all complain and b*tch about whats wrong or bad but there are thousands of people that have it MUCH worse! I do my best to "pay it forward" and help those that I can, when I can. Remove the negativity from your life and always look for the good in people.

Here is to a positive 2017!!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hell, I can't complain. I'm still upright and doing what I enjoy. Unfortunately, the "gig" at St. Anthony Dunes is over but I have a new adventure coming up this year in Southwest Washington and a small "quiet' campground where I can enjoy my time without working 24-7 for 6 months straight without a day off. It just got to be too much for this old man. Time for a change and some time to explore and enjoy  myself in a totally new setting, for now. To all, have a great 2017. 

• Like 3