Good news for glamis?

Kens Colors

I don't have a scanner so here is an article from ATVmag march issue

"DUNE RULES

Blm offers land use rules

Off-highway vehicle access within certain areas of California's Imperial Sand Dunes Recreational Area that was taken away in 2000 might get a second chance for off road uses.

The BLM released draft management rules for OHV use within California's 160,000 Imperial Sand Dunes Recreational Area that would apply to 33,000 acres of space that will replace OHV access lost in 2000. Under the proposed rules, OHV use will be permitted but limited to no more than 525 Vehicles a day and not open to overnight camping.The proposed rule also would limit access to the 33,000 acres between Oct 15th and Mar 31 each year. Other provisions include users obtaining a Permit from the BLM, obey posted boundries and display a permit flag under the vehicles existing approved saftey flag. Permit Applicants must complete a short resource conservation program, which will include a written test to demonstrate knowledge of the rules and regulations for the designated area. Proposed penalties for violating these rules include fines up to $1000 and/or up to 12 months imprisonment."

:laughing: :shocked2:

Edited by Ken's Colors

What a bunch of BS this is. That land should have never been taken away to begin with. If you read the original aggremment of the closures in 1979 it states that the areas closed were a compromise for conservation purposes and the rest of the area was to be left for ORV use FOREVER. But I guess forever just means until some ecoterrorists find some reason to shut it down. Thank you to the tree hugging Democrats.

its going to cost more to monitor those 525 people and keep track of them entering and leaving that area of the dunes plus w/ 200k visitors on major holiday weekends there are going to be alot of pissed off people doing the they get to ride there why cant we and we want to buy a pass blah blah blah... Either Open it back up or keep it closed.. one or the other... dont make another hole for ecofucktards to use against us!!

its going to cost more to monitor those 525 people and keep track of them entering and leaving that area of the dunes plus w/ 200k visitors on major holiday weekends there are going to be alot of pissed off people doing the they get to ride there why cant we and we want to buy a pass blah blah blah... Either Open it back up or keep it closed.. one or the other... dont make another hole for ecofucktards to use against us!!

EXACTALLY. This is what I worry about. I think they are trying to set us up here. :shocked2:

R- :laughing:

I agree 100%

I don't have a scanner so here is an article from ATVmag march issue

"DUNE RULES

Blm offers land use rules

......The proposed rule also would limit access to the 33,000 acres between Oct 15th and Mar 31 each year. ....

That part seems a little effed up to. :shocked2:

Dont get me wrong im a optimist and eventually they will be re-opened but this little work around thing is just going to be a bigger headache... i can see it now... Only 525 people allowed... Ecoshitheads counted 2,000 people in the monitored area and now they are fighting to close it back down and then some w/ more ammunition!!! If they cant open it completely then leave it closed...

Dont get me wrong im a optimist and eventually they will be re-opened but this little work around thing is just going to be a bigger headache... i can see it now... Only 525 people allowed... Ecoshitheads counted 2,000 people in the monitored area and now they are fighting to close it back down and then some w/ more ammunition!!! If they cant open it completely then leave it closed...

I guess I am :shocked2: for thinking any progress is progress?

Hmmmmmmm I guess nobody sees that as a good thing. I was thinking that calmer heads were prevailing, and that a compromise was coming? :beerpint: It is tough being an optimist.

The glass is always half full with me....but these guys speak with forked tongue....be wary!! They'll figure another way to twist this into something else. I agree with Nick...they should open the area back up like it was before.

How can you remain optimistic when they toy with us like they do....for years?

JUST LEAVE THE DUNES ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EFF those tree hugers :laughoff: they just dont like duners for some reason :drinkbeer: Why do they love that frekin plant so much or whatever there pissed about, what does that plant do, who cares!I say its survival of the fitest.(LOL)

Why do they love that frekin plant so much or whatever there pissed about, what does that plant do, who cares! I say its survival of the fitest.(LOL)

^^It's this attitude that gets the dunes closed down.

You have to care about the vegetation no matter how ugly it may be or whatever. You have to show these people that the vegetation AND dune riders CAN co-exist. If we don't run all the vegetation down when riding and we preserve the land, then everyone is happy.

You have to care about the vegetation no matter how ugly it may be or whatever. You have to show these people that the vegetation AND dune riders CAN co-exist. If we don't run all the vegetation down when riding and we preserve the land, then everyone is happy.

ya i know this just stuff just pisses me off.

Hey Dunefreak....thanks for bringing a sense of reason to this thread. I can't believe the lack of any appreciation for how lucky we are to enjoy riding in the places we GET to ride at.

I guess people who hate treehuggers and environementalists are the same pieces of sh*t that leave a whole weekends worth of trash just laying at the dunes :laughoff: because treehuggers and environmentalists are the same people who go out and clean up the dunes because they have an appreciation of nature and feel they are the custodians of the planet not the owners of it .

I don't belong to any organizations at all unless this :flipoff: sweet site is an organization. But I guess I would consider myself a tree hugger or an environmentalist, simply because I want to be able to enjoy nature,not destroy it and leave my campsite cleaner than I found it.

As far as the complaining about they should have never taken it away from us :driver: to begin with, well you can't change the past (hmmm I wonder what a Native American might think upon reading this thread).

I think It is a real shame that almost all comments on this thread were negative. :drinkbeer:

It still comes down to we MUST at least act like an environmentalist or tree hugger, we have to do our best to preserve and COEXIST with nature, or someone who doesn't want us to enjoy our freedoms will take any

excuse to take more away.

Edited by Ken's Colors

Oh And something else........ Everytime I have left Dumont or Amrgossa or anywhere else I've camped and ridden, I have seen piles of trash some stupid a$$ just leaves. Even Campsites with dumpsters. I am more pissed off at the people who don't appreciate nature for giving the buttheads more ammunition to take away more space.

Hey Dunefreak....thanks for bringing a sense of reason to this thread. I can't believe the lack of any appreciation for how lucky we are to enjoy riding in the places we GET to ride at.

I guess people who hate treehuggers and environementalists are the same pieces of sh*t that leave a whole weekends worth of trash just laying at the dunes :laughoff: because treehuggers and environmentalists are the same people who go out and clean up the dunes because they have an appreciation of nature and feel they are the custodians of the planet not the owners of it .

I don't belong to any organizations at all unless this :flipoff: sweet site is an organization. But I guess I would consider myself a tree hugger or an environmentalist, simply because I want to be able to enjoy nature,not destroy it and leave my campsite cleaner than I found it.

As far as the complaining about they should have never taken it away from us :driver: to begin with, well you can't change the past (hmmm I wonder what a Native American might think upon reading this thread).

I think It is a real shame that almost all comments on this thread were negative. :drinkbeer:

It still comes down to we MUST at least act like an environmentalist or tree hugger, we have to do our best to preserve and COEXIST with nature, or someone who doesn't want us to enjoy our freedoms will take any

excuse to take more away.

WTF? You obviously don't understand what is going on with the CBD. I or nobody else is saying don't conserve and preserve your area but for you to call yourself and enviromentalist is crazy. Ken you know me so don't take this as being mean spirited or anything like that. We are talking about the people that want to take away your rights. There has to be a balance and that is not in dispute. What is in dispute, and I'll use Dumont as an example,the motivation for their actions. The motivation behind these so called enviromentalists is not conservation but it is renumeration. The Mojave preserve in Death Valley has thousands of acres that nobody even wants to fly over in an airplane but these ecoterrorists want to close the few places that are still open to ORV. They will do studies saying that in these dunes is the only place that some endangered plant or animal lives. What they won't do is study all the other thousands of acres where these plants or animals live. Another thing they do is say stuff like "This species of the fringe toed lizard is only found at the Dumont dunes. It is different from all the other fringed toed lizards so it should be designated as the Dumont fringed toed lizard. Now since there are only 5000 of these species of lizards that live only at the Dumont dunes, the dunes should be considered an endangered species habitat." And then guess what happens, study after study by both sides of the argument. Legal suits are filed on both sides and the attorneys make their money. It's all BULL SHIAT. The Dumont Dunes were not even on the CBDs radar until a fee program was started. Now guess what? They know people are willing to pay to play. You need to read the whole story about what they did at Glamis. Alot of the area around the dunes at Dumont that is off limits used to be open area but has been closed to appease the ENVIROMENTALISTS. You have a sport that is the fastest growing family recreation in the USA and the areas to ride are getting smaller. Yes we need to conserve and preserve the areas we ride in but it is your right to be able to ride. And for the people that say "Well they won't/can't close Glamis" Guess what THEY ARE just a little bit at a time.Then it will be Dumont and then Armagosa and any other place people want to use ORV. I imagine things like boats and snowmobiles and any other types of motorized sports will eventually be challenged. Al Gore made statements to the fact that if he had been elected president he would eliminate all internal combustion engines. This is ridiculous but that is how your enviromentalists think. My whole point is if you say you are an enviromentalist I guess you'll be getting rid of your ORVs because you can't have it both ways.

Don I don't disagree with you! I only feel the labels/names you use may not work for me or my perspective. I did like how you said misguided environmentalist. Wait one thing I do disagree with. It is NOT our right to ride it is our priveledge. Just like driving a Car. It is not guarenteed in the bill of rights.

and by the way al gore currently has no reason whatsoever to be talked about in our posts unless we are simply thanking him for creating the internet