Another SIRIUS b!tch, gripe, and complaint

WHIZ

Backspin is old hiphop/rap from 80's and 90's

Channel is currently labeled wrong, but it is in fact Backspin. This gives me hope that maybe some of our other old favs will come back.

kewl, thanks whiz :70::DDRrocks:

huh, I listen to NFL, Patriot, Fox News, ans Sirius hits and NONE of my channels have been touched. Guess I listen to the good stuff :blah::yiah:

no, those are just the most favored stations by a large group (of fat people with no taste, LOL JK). Doesn't mean they are "good" by any means. :blah: :blah: Punk probably got ditched mostly because the audience is a smaller group then say the audiences who would listen to crap like Metallica :70: Everyone has different tastes. I have found that the more people who like a certain popular band, the less I generally appeal to it. I guess some people are different like that. :blah::dope: The satelite radio companies are, of course, gonna keep what the larger percentage of audience is.

I listen to XM of my Direct TV. They moved a bunch of stuff around and I can find Lucy XM 54 I think is was 838 on Direct TV. Classic Alt Rock. I have know idea where is is now. Either that or I just don't get it with my package anymore.

Sometimes I listen to the Pulse??????? Kinda mellow, but they pay the same chit all the time. That sucks.

Edited by desertskyz

I listen to XM of my Direct TV. They moved a bunch of stuff around and I can find Lucy XM 54 I think is was 838 on Direct TV. Classic Alt Rock. I have know idea where is is now. Either that or I just don't get it with my package anymore.

Sometimes I listen to the Pulse??????? Kinda mellow, but they pay the same chit all the time. That sucks.

Lucy is now Lithium. ;)

kewl, thanks whiz :gayboy: :dunno:

no, those are just the most favored stations by a large group (of fat people with no taste, LOL JK). Doesn't mean they are "good" by any means. :freakin_nuts: :gayboy: Punk probably got ditched mostly because the audience is a smaller group then say the audiences who would listen to crap like Metallica :gayboy: Everyone has different tastes. I have found that the more people who like a certain popular band, the less I generally appeal to it. I guess some people are different like that. :freakin_nuts: :barf: The satelite radio companies are, of course, gonna keep what the larger percentage of audience is.

DAMN!! fat people? did OGP tell you about my girl scout cookie order? :gayboy:

Thanks for the link to the petition!! I signed it and signed for half of my friends!! I am still pissed about Fungus being gone! Nothing goes with dirty weekends better than a cold beer n punk! Gets my blood flowin! :dunno:

post-601-1233351478_thumb.jpg

Just got this today... :ogp:

We are offering select subscribers like you, who have multiple subscriptions, a special opportunity to lock in the current low rate on their additional radio subscriptions.

On March 11, 2009, the monthly rate for your discounted subscriptions will increase from $6.99 per month to $8.99 per month upon renewal.* You can lock in the current discounted monthly rate of $6.99 by choosing longer-term plans - but only if you act quickly.

And if you renew now, you can continue to listen online, FREE for the length of term you choose. Effective March 11, 2009, the online listening platform will be upgraded to a higher quality digital audio and no longer included as part of a base subscription at no charge.

Save with Longer Subscription Plans.

Depending on the Subscription Package and Plan you choose for each radio, you could enjoy an average annual savings of more than $90.00 with two radios on an Annual Plan if you act now. Save even more with two- and three-year plans. Rest assured, any credits on the account from payments made earlier will be applied to your renewal - you'll only be charged the difference.

well, heres the thing, its a secret handed down through the last 30 years TILL today. and it is as true now as when it first emerged. you will be shocked ..............................................

PUNK ROCK SUX A$$

Edited by barefoot bob

• 2 weeks later...

The satellite radio company could file for bankruptcy within days, according to the New York Times. Waiting in the wings? EchoStar, which has already taken on much of Sirius XM's mounting debt. So, is satellite radio about to go silent?

Well … not quite yet. I doubt that the service would go dark overnight were Sirius XM to file for bankruptcy protection, but as the Times points out, the company might have to cut some of its pricier shows—I'm looking at you, Howard Stern—during a restructuring.

Another scenario: A takeover by EchoStar, the satellite TV company that's circling Sirius XM like a vulture.

So, how did Sirius XM get into this mess? Chalk it up to a mountain of debt: $3.25 billion, give or take, about $175 million of which the cash-strapped company owes this month.

As Bloomberg reports, Sirius XM turned down a takeover bid from EchoStar back in December; since then, EchoStar has been buying up chunks of Sirius XM's debt.

Neither Sirius XM nor EchoStar are talking, but sources tell the New York Times that the two respective CEOs—who are "said not to get along"—are "locked" in negotiations. (That must be a fun meeting.)

Negotiations over … what? Well, the Wall Street Journal (via Tech Trader Daily) reports that EchoStar is offering to bail out Sirius XM by restructuring its debt and pumping in some much-needed cash—in exchange for total control, of course. If that happens, say hello to "Sirius XM: An EchoStar service."

The alternative: Sirius XM files for bankruptcy, leaving EchoStar to pick over the remains in bankruptcy court.

Either way, I'm pretty sure we're looking at the end of Sirius XM as we know it. The best scenario for subscribers, I'm guessing, is a takeover by the well-funded EchoStar, which could probably keep the satellite radio service afloat without skipping a beat.

But bankruptcy … well, if that happens, prepare for Howard Stern to be replaced by Crazy Chuck, broadcasting live from his mobile home in West Sacramento.

well that sux. but my grip, is that i have about a 40 min drive to work. and in that time im lucky to hear one damm song. i just wish the people would shut up and play music. i got it cause of the no comercials, and thats cool but i dont want to hear someone talking about nothing if i wanted to hear that i would listen to stern. anyways just alil rant on my part, beside the fact that i got a letter from them saying they raising rates in march unless i sub to a longer contract or some chit like that. sound more like its gonna be ipod ready and not sat ready for me. :laughing: