Another SIRIUS b!tch, gripe, and complaint

WHIZ

Well, over the last two months I've been getting a lil tired of the channel crap. First the Punks channel, then one of the country channels, but now they did away with Backspin (The old school hip hop station). I'm about ready to just cancel my service. I thought the merger would be a good thing, but it seems as though it's made things worse. :beercheers: :rant_on:

Guest Crasher

Well, over the last two months I've been getting a lil tired of the channel crap. First the Punks channel, then one of the country channels, but now they did away with Backspin (The old school hip hop station). I'm about ready to just cancel my service. I thought the merger would be a good thing, but it seems as though it's made things worse. :laughoff: :rant_on:

DITTO!!!! :think: I can't beleive they took away Backspin! And replacing the punk channel with AC/DC????? WTF???? They already have enough of those old rock stations that play that stuff all day long, I just don't understand. Now Stretch is gone too. The Maxim morning show....no more. OVER IT. :beercheers:

I could b*tch about this for days!!!!!! I listen to Sirius 10-12 hours a day and it's turning to crap.....Maxim is gone which sucks, I liked the Stretch show in the morn.....Bubba the love sponge's contract looks like it isn't going to be renewed. I got the best of xm added to my acct. for O&A but that seems like a waste now too. I'm thinking I would rather use my Sirius money on buying downloads!!!!!

Sounds like ya'll are listening to the wrong stuff! The Bone Yard went off of the air on Wednesday but will be back on January 19th. I can deal with that as long as both providers are not making us buy new equipment. I tried both and XM in my opinion blew Sirius away. And coming from a diehard NASCAR fan that is saying something since NASCAR was only on Sirius. It cost extra with the new setup and I can do without, but for those long hauls up to St. Anthony's Idaho and Little Sahara Utah, and the three hour trips to both Glamis and Dumont it's nice to have the Bone Yard and some of the Classic Rock that's offered by XM.

Sounds like you guys are from the younger crowd so I may not be getting where you're coming from, but we'll all get used to the new format in time.

Rock out, Roll on.

Ace

Well, over the last two months I've been getting a lil tired of the channel crap. First the Punks channel, then one of the country channels, but now they did away with Backspin (The old school hip hop station). I'm about ready to just cancel my service. I thought the merger would be a good thing, but it seems as though it's made things worse. :blury: :rant_on:

AMEN!!!! Backspin and Howard Stern were the only reasons I have Sirius - as much as I like Howard, I'm not listening to talk ALL day long! :beercheers::laughoff::think: BOOOO!!!

as long as they have octane faction, hip hop nation shade 45 and a country station im set xm suxs in my opinion sirius gets -er -done..but that sh!ty they got rid of backspin :MBdance: hope everything works out for everyone..i also hope they dont change the prices since they merged in all

They added a Jimmy Buffet and Elvis channel.

The vibrasonic Rock and roll 50's and 60's works when crusin' in the Vette and racin' Magnum Hemis.

Wolfman Jack is good for the Soul.

Perhaps ya need to suppliment with some CDs' or the iPOD.

They added a Jimmy Buffet and Elvis channel.

The vibrasonic Rock and roll 50's and 60's works when crusin' in the Vette and racin' Magnum Hemis.

Wolfman Jack is good for the Soul.

Perhaps ya need to suppliment with some CDs' or the iPOD.

Elvis and Buffet have been on forever :MBdance:

I've got both XM and Sirius too. Faction all day at work in the truck and Squizz all night at home... Now I get Faction all night at home! :MBdance: I've also got Sirius in the Rhino... Any of you XM peeps listened to Jason Ellis on Faction from noon to 4 yet? Ellis is WAY WAY WAY better than Stern. I tried listening to Stern when I first got Sirius and I practically fell asleep behind the wheel within 20 minutes. That definitely sucks they got rid of Stretch though, he had a pretty good show.

I've got both XM and Sirius too. Faction all day at work in the truck and Squizz all night at home... Now I get Faction all night at home! :MBdance: I've also got Sirius in the Rhino... Any of you XM peeps listened to Jason Ellis on Faction from noon to 4 yet? Ellis is WAY WAY WAY better than Stern. I tried listening to Stern when I first got Sirius and I practically fell asleep behind the wheel within 20 minutes. That definitely sucks they got rid of Stretch though, he had a pretty good show.

jason ellis is annoying

Well, over the last two months I've been getting a lil tired of the channel crap. First the Punks channel, then one of the country channels, but now they did away with Backspin (The old school hip hop station). I'm about ready to just cancel my service. I thought the merger would be a good thing, but it seems as though it's made things worse. :MBdance: :rant_on:

Is this really a bad thing? Just kidding. Well Im sure the new president will make alot of Hip Hop changes to the radio stations! FO SHIZZLE MY NIZZLE :beercheers:

• 2 months later...

What's backspin? Like as in assrock or no?

Backspin is old hiphop/rap from 80's and 90's

Channel is currently labeled wrong, but it is in fact Backspin. This gives me hope that maybe some of our other old favs will come back.

Pete and others, I just found this on the interweb, basically a story about XM losing fungus and Sirius ditching punk. On the story is a link to a petition to bring back either of the two punk channels.

Website: http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/return-o...-guarantee.html

Petition site: http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/bringbackfungus53

I just thought I would share.