NHRA Final Pics from Pomona,CA

1BADYFZ

I went to the finals this weekend, suday race and had pit passes to the Army team and driver tony shuchmaker(Sp?) and when we pull up they are working on the car right next to us which is awsome , they served food and drinks and had some shade, Hot as Hell..

YOU HAVE TO HEAR THE BAD a$$ ROAR THESE CARS MAKE !! that sh*t is so loud and the 2 cars running down the track is a feeling i cant explain unless you have been there. They start up in the pits and they all do rebuilds after every race, takes them about 30 minuts for a full tear down and replacement of all internal parts, than when they start them the nitro or whatever they are burning is like mase bro, sh*t burns your eyes and throat.

some of the speeds is about 320 for the Top fuel and i have some vid of a pass. this is something i would reccomend to checking out once and you will not regret it..

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

Me and my father in law did that last year. We had Hospitality passes for Saturday at the Mac Tools Pit. We were the only ones there most of the time. Got the kick butt tour of the rigs inside and out. Stood in the trailer as they fired it up. They had the fans blowing the exhaust away from us so we were able to watch the other people get choked out on the other side of the ropes.

I had lunch with Chip Foose as he was hanging out in the pits too.

T.V. can't do the sights and smells justice. If your there you FEEL it and taste it.

I went friday and sunday, was BADASS!!!!!!!!

Ill never be the same after hearing those top fuel monsters :rockwoot:

Still today I cant explain the feeling that goes thru the body when they pass by you, you not only hear it you feel it and i think my heart stopped till they passed....

I cant believe i waited so long to go to one of these...

The best bit for me was when they fire in the pits, your ears are bleeding, the nitro is burning your entire intake tract, your eyes are flooding with water, your dry heaving.....

Then they rap the throttle once and your heart stops!!!!

I almost collapsed :rockwoot::laughing::laughoff:

ABSOLUTLY FUKIN AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Down the end of the track when they go by was a close second, even from 40ft away 310mph is terrifying!!!!

Edited by britincali