A run into town for supplies,,,

Free Agent

Well, time to come to grips with the fact I'm one of those wrenching dads ya see with off roader groups.

The oldest guy does all the work,, or, as I'm now officially known, the "Wrenching Dad."

Really thought I had my ducks in a row with our trip to Dumont over T day.

I discovered the hard way the propane gauge on our RV is not working.

Damn, thought we had plenty, we ran out.

So we headed into Parump to visit the crazy ladys gas/propane station next to "Who's Dunes Bar" and Steakhouse.

In route up Kelbaker rd headed toward Shoshone,, a brown Mitsubishi gets right on my a$$. I look into the rear-view and it's a mid 20's horned rimmed glasses chick, red hot red lipstick, with a big MTV Lisa Loab kinda mug with a goofy grin.

She suddenly just crosses over the double yellow don'ts to pass right into the path of an oncoming tanker truck.

It was a menag'a trois with her, the truck and me all passing each other at the same time. Us and the truck on the opposite shoulders, the MTV chick straddling the double yellow don'ts clearing each of us by maybe a foot.

Damn,, my heart started beating and my chest was pounding my whole body covered in chicken skin.

I'll get back to the suicide Mitsubishi MTV chick.

We make it into Parump:

The Gas station Crazy Lady is a bubble off plumb no question, but she has the freshest milk & groceries and the cheapest gas and propane, and she's open 24 hours, so we deal with her idiotsy.

She's located just over the Nevada State line on the left heading into Parump.

Right next door to the crazy ladys place we stepped into Who's Dunes to play a little video poker, down a few excellent bloody Marys and chat with the really cool owner, I think he said his name was Deano.

Deano is former Old Corp Air Force, still has the high and tight haircut. Friendly as one can get, immediately takes you at face value.

His Video poker machines are very loose and lively, you can play a long time on $20. Perhaps even win a few bucks.

In the evenings Deano has Sue, a knock-out, funny as hell attractive bartender holding court.

Deano just made his last child support payment and wanted to talk, so I bent an ear and we chatted.

It's always interesting how people scratch out a living in the middle of the desert or wilderness.

Then Deano and I got to talking about him running his video poker bar "Who's Dunes" and he threw out some of his cost figures.

His poker machines are taxed $125 each quarterly, his full whisky lick-her license was only $500.

Nye County Nevada has super cheap and very available licenses. Yep only $500.

Next door in Clark County a liquor license can be well, well over $100.000 Deano mentioned.

I had no idea how the taxes and fees worked or cost.

I turned a wrench my whole life, and used to wonder from time to time if pouring drinks would'a been a better line of work.

I delt with the screwy Crazy Propane lady and Alice wanted to fill her grocery list so she finally met up with me at the bar.

We played a spell, then headed back to Dumont Dunes Alice the DD.

Driving back I told Alice the story of our friend Hells Angel Steve working the High Voltage Transmission line trouble crew one nite nearby in the desert.

He believes in conspiracy theorys, UFOS,, aliens ect.

So naturally he was an avid fan of late nite radios Art Bell who broadcasts from Parump, and it was that one nite Bell signed off early with a statement he had trouble he couldn't talk about.

That was all it took, Hells Angel Steve and his crew headed straight to Art Bells compound in a 6X6 F650 Water & Power Line mans crew truck, I guess to kick the a$$es of the Martians they thought held Bell hostage.

The Nye County Sheriff was notified by Bells listeners about the troubling statements Bell made over the air and was there already.

Half the town of Parump turned out too it seemed.

All was OK I'm told.

So we finally made our way to Kelbaker rd, and made the left turn south for the final stretch to Dumont.

Kelbaker rd is to Dumont Dunes, what Rice rd is to the river.

Alice looks look up in the rear view,, and there is the Mitsubishi chick with that MTV grin on her face and she is approaching us from behind at full speed again.

Coming the other direction towards us is a caravan of toy haulers making it up the Ibex pass grade.

The Itchypussy driving chick jumps out over the double don'ts and their is no question in my milisecond pea sized brain we're going to witness a head-on,, and maybe be part of it.

The toy hauler caravans leader pulls onto the shoulder plowing into the caltrans berm and instantly those following him do too. GEESUS it was close.

We all miss the Itchypussy driving chick by paintjobs. She right outside our window as we all pass each other, wife almost stuffs the Toyota into the berm.

Never ever witnessed anything so close on the highway. It all happened so quick.

So we speed up I want to get her license. My CHP friends tell me that it's good to report this kinda event. No way the Toyota will catch up to her,, she's gone.

Dodged 2 bullets though.

Edited by yfzdad

Well, time to come to grips with the fact I'm one of those wrenching dads ya see with off roader groups.

The oldest guy does all the work,, or, as I'm now officially known, the "Wrenching Dad."

Really thought I had my ducks in a row with our trip to Dumont over T day.

I discovered the hard way the propane gauge on our RV is not working.

Damn, thought we had plenty, we ran out.

So we headed into Parump to visit the crazy ladys gas/propane station next to "Whos Dunes Bar" and Steakhouse.

In route up Kelbaker rd headed toward Shoshone,, a brown Mitsubishi gets right on my a$$. I look into the rear-view and it's a mid 20's horned rimmed glasses chick with a big MTV Lisa Loab kinda mug with a goofy grin.

She suddenly just crosses over the double yellow don'ts to pass right into the path of an oncoming tanker truck.

It was a menag'a trois with her, the truck and me all passing each other at the same time. Us and the truck on the opposite shoulders, the MTV chick straddling the double yellow don'ts clearing each of us by maybe a foot.

Damn,, my heart started beating and my chest was pounding my whole body covered in chicken skin.

I'll get back to the suicide Mitsubishi MTV chick.

We make it into Parump:

The Gas station Crazy Lady is a bubble off plumb no question, but she has the freshest milk & groceries and the cheapest gas and propane, and she's open 24 hours, so we deal with her idiotsy.

She's located just over the Nevada State line on the left heading into Parump.

Right next door to the crazy ladys place we stepped into Who's Dunes to play a little video poker, down a few excellent bloody Marys and chat with the really cool owner, I think he said his name was Deano.

Deano is former Old Corp Air Force, still has the high and tight haircut. Friendly as one can get, immediately takes you at face value.

His Video poker machines are very loose and lively, you can play a long time on $20. Perhaps even win a few bucks.

In the evenings Deano has Sue, a knock-out, funny as hell attractive bartender holding court.

Deano just made his last child support payment and wanted to talk, so I bent an ear and we chatted.

Then Deano and I got to talking about running a video poker bar and he threw out some figures.

His poker machines are taxed $125 each quarterly, his full whisky liker license was only $500.

Nye County Nevada has super cheap and very available licenses. Yep only $500.

Next door in Clark County a liquor license can be well, well over $100.000 Deano mentioned.

I had no idea how the taxes and fees worked or cost.

I delt with the screwy Crazy Propane lady and Alice wanted to fill her grocery list so she finally met up with me at the bar.

We played a spell, then headed back to Dumont Dunes Alice the DD.

Driving back I told Alice the story of Hells Angel Steve working the Transmission line trouble crew one nite nearby in the desert.

He believes in conspiracy theorys, UFOS,, aliens ect.

So naturally he was an avid fan of late nite radio Art Bell who broadcasts from Parump, and it was that one nite Bell signed off early with a statement he had trouble he couldn't talk about.

That was all it took, Hells Angel Steve and his crew headed straight to Art Bells place in a 4X6 F650 Water & Power Line mans crew truck but the Nye County Sheriff was already notified by Bells listeners about the troubling statements Bells made over the air.

Half the town of Parump turned out too it seemed.

All was OK I'm told.

So we made our way to Kelbaker rd, and made the left turn south for the final stretch to Dumont.

Kelbaker rd is to Dumont Dunes, what Rice rd is to the river.

Alice looks look up in ther rear view,, and there is the Mitsubishi chick with that MTV grin on her face and she is approaching us from behind at full speed.

Coming the other direction is a caravan of toyhaulers making it up the Ibex pass grade.

The Itchypussy chick jumps out over the double don'ts and their is no question in my milisecond mind we're going to witness a head-on.

The caravans leader pulls onto the shoulder plowing into the caltrans berm and instantly those following him do too. GEESUS it was close.

We miss the Itchypussy driving chick by paintjobs. She right outside our window as we all pass each other.

Never ever witnessed anything so close on the highway.

So we speed up I want to get her license. My CHP friends tell me that it's good to report this kinda event. No way the Toyota will catch up to her,, she's gone.

Dodged 2 bullets though.

dude that was some story you had me going : :ah: dayum: :laughoff::laughing: :ah: , glad you are ok and every one else.