saw some great bands last night at Wasted Space!

dunefreak

Voo Doo Glows Skulls, Buck O Nine, OPS (missed em though since they went on so early :( ), The Toasters, Deals Gone Bad!!! :beercheers:

Not sure how many ska fans we have in here, but last nights show was badass at Wasted Space in the Hard Rock. Me & Anna met up w/ Ian for the show. Good fuggin times!

Here are some some pics I took that I know a few ska peeps will appreciate. :MBdance::dunno:

post-3-1234048376_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048403_thumb.jpg

Buck O Nine :beercheers:

post-3-1234048535_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048586_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048599_thumb.jpg

The Toasters :laughing:

post-3-1234048630_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048659_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048729_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048772_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048802_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048905_thumb.jpg

Deals Gone Bad...

Didn't get any! :coocoo:

:duniemonkie:

post-3-1234048833_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048865_thumb.jpg

Voodoo Glow Skulls :laughing:

post-3-1234048941_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234048984_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049001_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049061_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049102_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049151_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049180_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049202_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049237_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049287_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049309_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049348_thumb.jpg

This guy was funny as hell. Fuggin guy looked like Jason (richradcheese) too! :laughing::beercheers:

post-3-1234049823_thumb.jpg

post-3-1234049861_thumb.jpg

We chatted w/ him after the show. It turns out he's a promoter for ska bands. We swapped numbers so I could get him these pics I took of him. He was stoked to see em. :beercheers:

Then Anna and Ian posed for a group shot w/ him.

post-3-1234049931_thumb.jpg

that place was a mess last night i was there for the Motley crue concert. the construction is a nightmare there right now. truck didnt fit in the garage had to go around to valet, the valet guy was like "you can pick it up on the second floor of the parking garage", i was like okay cool. not exactly sure where they parked it but needless to say it wasnt the garage. i did double check the roof when they brought it around though.....just to make sure. :beercheers:

that place was a mess last night i was there for the Motley crue concert. the construction is a nightmare there right now. truck didnt fit in the garage had to go around to valet, the valet guy was like "you can pick it up on the second floor of the parking garage", i was like okay cool. not exactly sure where they parked it but needless to say it wasnt the garage. i did double check the roof when they brought it around though.....just to make sure. :beercheers:

Was it a white Ford? :beercheers:

I noticed a white lifted Ford when I pulled in to the garage and wondered how the hell it made it in there. :laughing: It was in an end spot just before the second floor.

I agree, with the construction that place is all jacked up. :laughing: Should be SWEET when its done though.

Sweet pictures Pete... That place was fun as hell last night! :laughing: BuckOnine and The Toasters were sick! VGS was bada$$ too, their set seemed short though.

I'm ready to Go see OPS tonight Since we missed them Again. (fuggin clubs)

Hell yeah. It's on tonight. BUNKHOUSE...yiah :yiah:

WTF..never heard of any of those bands before.. :beercheers:

Really? :beercheers: Some of them have been around for over 15 years. They aren't a very mainstream kind of music though so if someone only listens to bands that are on the radio, I doubt they ever heard of any of them.

Really? :beercheers: Some of them have been around for over 15 years. They aren't a very mainstream kind of music though so if someone only listens to bands that are on the radio, I doubt they ever heard of any of them.

I need to get out more often..hay pete throw up a link or a sample of what like of music this is :dunno:I'm thinking some kind of punk/rock/reggae :beercheers:

I need to get out more often..hay pete throw up a link or a sample of what like of music this is :dunno:I'm thinking some kind of punk/rock/reggae :laughing:

Just google them. I'm sure they all have some MySpace Music pages or somethin. They're all mostly ska bands. If you don't know what ska is...well yeah kinda similar to punk/reggae. ;)

Rub it in some more mofo..... :beercheers::MBdance:

:laughing: wish you coulda been there brutha. you know this mang :beercheers:

Was it a white Ford? :beercheers:

I noticed a white lifted Ford when I pulled in to the garage and wondered how the hell it made it in there. :laughing: It was in an end spot just before the second floor.

I agree, with the construction that place is all jacked up. :MBdance: Should be SWEET when its done though.

ha ha.... yeah it was probably mine (its one of those ultra rare white f350 4 door 4x's....haha :laughing: ) they must have some other way in or something.....when i tried to go in there off of paradise it touched the clearance bar..... then they had to back the cars behind me up so i could get back out, it was a whole friggin production......i thought it was funny.......people behind me....probably didn think it was as amusing :beercheers:

This guy was funny as hell. Fuggin guy looked like Jason (richradcheese) too! :MBdance::beercheers:

youre freakin HIGH :coocoo:

that guy looks nothing like me

cheese_air.jpg

:laughing:

looks like good times...i LUVS me sum ska music...only so much tho before it becomes annoying

theres a band out of bako called mento buru....lead singer is an old friend of mine...one year at the beer fest he had my brother and I singing backups :laughing:

whenever they would play in a local bar, he'd give me the backup mike and allow me to throw some

"DOO DOO BROWN!" 's in the mix :beercheers:

btw...none of those bands show up on limewire......got a link to some of their music??

Edited by richard cheese

I need to get out more often..hay pete throw up a link or a sample of what like of music this is :dunno:I'm thinking some kind of punk/rock/reggae :beercheers:

I'll just burn you some cd's... If you end up working out here you'll get an earfull of this stuff! Pete and I ht a ska show once a month at a min lately :beercheers:

I'll just burn you some cd's... If you end up working out here you'll get an earfull of this stuff! Pete and I ht a ska show once a month at a min lately :beercheers:

Sounds like a plan..If everything goes right should be up in vegas in a week or so..Just start the burning slowly, because i'm a virgin :beercheers:

I'll just burn you some cd's... If you end up working out here you'll get an earfull of this stuff! Pete and I ht a ska show once a month at a min lately :thumb:

Will you and Pete keep me in the loop? I still don't consider myself a local (reagrding places for good music), so I have no idea where to find Ska here. I found out about the VGS's to late to make it to the show.

Will you and Pete keep me in the loop? I still don't consider myself a local (reagrding places for good music), so I have no idea where to find Ska here. I found out about the VGS's to late to make it to the show.

Of course! We are always happy to bring someone into the light!! :MBdance: