415ci CBM motor tuned and DYNOD

CaptNkllm

After the first run out at the dunes with the car... ( I was not out there for the shake down) engine ran but not real good.

Went back to CBM for a dyno run and some tuning.

Hooked up to the Dyno for the 1st run (no computer changes yet) ran a whopping 320 rwhp..

Hmmm not so great.. Chris went into the programming and watched it on a couple runs and noticed that the timing was being retarded (literally lol ) .... mad some adjustments and for some reason the computer wanted to run 6 degrees of timing at 6,000 rpm.. mor changes and more runs.

Well after an hour and a half of changes and mapping they were able to get

481 rwhp on my new engine that is over 150 hp gain from the canned tune. They worked on it some more after that but I will find out if anything changed.. but thats.....

OVER 600 @ the crank :dayum::lol::lol::idiot::blah:

this car should be a good runner through the dunes and I am very excited about this weekend... being able to pick it up and run it... :banghead:

Big thanks to CBM again :blah::clap: .... this is why I am a loyal customer.... they build great motors and when there is a problem they will take care of it..

Also Bruce put on a temporary set of headers so I was able to get mine recoated in the mean time.... Again THANK YOU CBM!!!! :guns::guns::grin: :dumbass: Get ready cuz here I come

CApt

6 degrees of timing at 6,000 rpm?.....what's wrong with that? :banghead:

Damn David, almost 500 HP to the wheels. Not too shabby! :dumbass: I have heard nothing but good about CBM.

Congrats man. I bet you are stoked to take that bad boy out. Make sure to get plenty of pics out there of it. Have fun and be safe. :grin:

6 degrees of timing at 6,000 rpm?.....what's wrong with that? :banghead:

Damn David, almost 500 HP to the wheels. Not too shabby! :dumbass: I have heard nothing but good about CBM.

Congrats man. I bet you are stoked to take that bad boy out. Make sure to get plenty of pics out there of it. Have fun and be safe. :grin:

Thanks Pete.... will do

Capt

After the first run out at the dunes with the car... ( I was not out there for the shake down) engine ran but not real good.

Went back to CBM for a dyno run and some tuning.

Hooked up to the Dyno for the 1st run (no computer changes yet) ran a whopping 320 rwhp..

Hmmm not so great.. Chris went into the programming and watched it on a couple runs and noticed that the timing was being retarded (literally lol ) .... mad some adjustments and for some reason the computer wanted to run 6 degrees of timing at 6,000 rpm.. mor changes and more runs.

Well after an hour and a half of changes and mapping they were able to get

481 rwhp on my new engine that is over 150 hp gain from the canned tune. They worked on it some more after that but I will find out if anything changed.. but thats.....

OVER 600 @ the crank :lol::lol::blah::idiot::blah:

this car should be a good runner through the dunes and I am very excited about this weekend... being able to pick it up and run it... :banghead:

Big thanks to CBM again :clap::clap: .... this is why I am a loyal customer.... they build great motors and when there is a problem they will take care of it..

Also Bruce put on a temporary set of headers so I was able to get mine recoated in the mean time.... Again THANK YOU CBM!!!! :guns::guns::grin: :dumbass: Get ready cuz here I come

CApt

i was :dayum:

come on, no stroked ls2 with a mild cam is gonna put out 489 to the wheels.......what else? Everyone else is loosing 30%+ in the drivetrain , is yours different?

What is it a 4.100 stroke?

The very best cnc heads, a big cam......and decent compression......maybe?

come on, no stroked ls2 with a mild cam is gonna put out 489 to the wheels.......what else? Everyone else is loosing 30%+ in the drivetrain , is yours different?

it has a stroked crank and bored (iron block) cnc heads bigger injectors cam 489 is very do able and 11.3:1 compression

im running the same bore and stroke with bigger heads and bigger cam and im putting 570 to the rear wheels. and btw: check the mendeola web sight its 23% loss through there s4's :D

Edited by barefoot bob

it has a stroked crank and bored (iron block) cnc heads bigger injectors cam 489 is very do able and 11.3:1 compression

im running the same bore and stroke with bigger heads and bigger cam and im putting 570 to the rear wheels. and btw: check the mendeola web sight its 23% loss through there s4's :D

yea, everything on the internet is true.

well , the average rwhp on the dyno at cbm run in the 540 range on the cbm 415s with the larger cam and heads.

but, proof is in the pudding so bring what you got easter take it to hill and ill race you :clap: you can judge for yourself. theres a few twin turbo owners and blower owners doing :dope: trying to figure out how and why. im game are you ??????

and i have the dyno report on my car with all the corrections turned up to its tightest restrictions and still pulled a 556 rwhp and i run 91 octane . ask just about anybody on here my car runs very well.

or call cbm ask for either owner . i hold the shop record over there for the highest hp 415 and if you check glamis dunes .com youll see most 415s are running 540ish rwhp. internet doesnt have alot to do with it :laughing:

Edited by barefoot bob

Thats why it reading only for professionals :clap::blury:

If you have a question regarding the power... state your claim... :laughing:

Fast intake larger TB.. CNC heads. medium cam, stroker crank, bored and a verrrry special CBM tune :idea:

Maybe you should take your car to them.. but I wouldnt expect to much from a 1320 :dope:

Capt

i dont understand why you think its so hard to pull the numbers the first motor in my green car was a world castings 454 small block it was dynoed at the flywheel @ 610 hp and it was a pump gas motor as well

post-1340-1237835867_thumb.jpg

I didnt even try to start anything, I asked a resonable question.....

I think it was as simple as, whats in it.......and the responce was bs....and then you guys start attacks with me?

First , a stroked ls2 IS NOT A 6.0 iron block......A LS2 is an ALUMINUM block. I asked about the 415.....cause frankly a 415 inch ls engine is a pretty od size. I was actually curuios how it was arrived at, and why in the world it would be popular. As you all know, a 4.100 stroke moves the pin into the oil ringland, so they are not real popular cause you need to run a support ring for the oil ring. By far the most popular stroker crank is of course the 4.000 but to get to 415 you have like a .055 over bore? Just seems strange, but I was actually curious if there was a reason or different way?

A 454 motown engine is ofcourse capabale of 610 on an engine dyno...and on a chassis dyno, that moves it down to 500 or less by most comparisons. I dont doubt that mendeola claims 23%, but I ve seen countless comparisons from people that engine dynoed and chassis dynoed and 33-40% is not uncommon at all in sand cars.

I also dont doubt, that they run good. I just asked a simple question, whats in it and got a "stroked ls2 with mild cam" sorry if I was able to recogenize that as bs.....its not even an ls2 apparently. Nothing wrong with that btw, you should be proud to say its a 6.0 iron.

Oh, and since you guys obviously cant stay on topic, regarding whats in an engine....and insist on personal attacks and red hearrings to other things, you should know that I wont go for such things. What are going to do next, call me names?

Wow, I d love to find out how to build a 550-600 hp 415 ci iron block ls engine with just a mild cam........but for some reason I dont think the answer is going to find me. What is it, 224/228 591/591? Thats considered a mild cam to me......ofcourse it seems like that would peak about 5800 probably on a 400+ inch, so I dont think it would reach the hp number, maybe a 256/252/ 640/660 cam? To me thats not mild, but to someone else it might be, I guess thats why they give them numbers.

That cam might peak around 7200 and that would get it a lot closer to those numbers thats forsure.

Just for kicks Im going to run 6 degrees total at the dyno, just to see what the power change is from say 28. I ve never done it, so Ill try it.

6 degrees should turn the exhuats a nice red though.

If you asked me, whats in an engine, I d say I dont know, or something like...

its a 6.0 with 4.0 crank, .022 over so its a 405with a 12cc dish. Its got a 248/256 630/610 cam on a 118.5 and ported 317's that flowed 343 @600. Is taht so hard? 3 lines instead of 3 posts saying nothing?

post number 8 asked whats in it......? Here we are at post 22....and

no...

1. no stroke

2. no bore size

3. no cam numbers

4. no posted graph

5. no hp @ rpm?

6. no header size or lenght

7. no head flow numbers

8. no valve sizes

9. no compression

10. no ring design.

I should be mad about time being waisted and Pete should be mad about waisted band with......lol, but your mad at me for asking? Hell I didnt even question the hp number...... I didnt even claim it was wrong or that I could build it? In fact by asking I m implying I d like to find out how to build it.

BTW, I have a nice c5r sheetmetal intake forsale, it might work well on someones next engine......ashing 1600$ Theres only about 4200 in it.

Actually its an LQ9 motor which is a 6.0... which you already knew that but for all sakes of argument it is an LS2 (base)

the basics of the engine are what I said... If you want specific details on each build or what the break down is... call CBM an talk to bruce and he will be happy to explain it to you and break it down. You wont even have to spend any money with him either ;)

If you want to get technical over it then its beyond me because as we both know that a DYNO IS FOR TUNING PURPOSES ONLY!!! #'s just happen to be a by product..

As was stated above... No magician gives all his secrets away.

Engine did surprisingly well and to be honest .... if its reliable HP .... I could care less how they got it or whats in it at the end of the day :freakin_nuts:

So back on topic

MUCHO HP FOR THE $$$$$$$$

CApt

I didnt even try to start anything, I asked a resonable question.....

I think it was as simple as, whats in it.......and the responce was bs....and then you guys start attacks with me?

First , a stroked ls2 IS NOT A 6.0 iron block......A LS2 is an ALUMINUM block. I asked about the 415.....cause frankly a 415 inch ls engine is a pretty od size. I was actually curuios how it was arrived at, and why in the world it would be popular. As you all know, a 4.100 stroke moves the pin into the oil ringland, so they are not real popular cause you need to run a support ring for the oil ring. By far the most popular stroker crank is of course the 4.000 but to get to 415 you have like a .055 over bore? Just seems strange, but I was actually curious if there was a reason or different way?

A 454 motown engine is ofcourse capabale of 610 on an engine dyno...and on a chassis dyno, that moves it down to 500 or less by most comparisons. I dont doubt that mendeola claims 23%, but I ve seen countless comparisons from people that engine dynoed and chassis dynoed and 33-40% is not uncommon at all in sand cars.

I also dont doubt, that they run good. I just asked a simple question, whats in it and got a "stroked ls2 with mild cam" sorry if I was able to recogenize that as bs.....its not even an ls2 apparently. Nothing wrong with that btw, you should be proud to say its a 6.0 iron.

Oh, and since you guys obviously cant stay on topic, regarding whats in an engine....and insist on personal attacks and red hearrings to other things, you should know that I wont go for such things. What are going to do next, call me names?

Wow, I d love to find out how to build a 550-600 hp 415 ci iron block ls engine with just a mild cam........but for some reason I dont think the answer is going to find me. What is it, 224/228 591/591? Thats considered a mild cam to me......ofcourse it seems like that would peak about 5800 probably on a 400+ inch, so I dont think it would reach the hp number, maybe a 256/252/ 640/660 cam? To me thats not mild, but to someone else it might be, I guess thats why they give them numbers.

That cam might peak around 7200 and that would get it a lot closer to those numbers thats forsure.

Just for kicks Im going to run 6 degrees total at the dyno, just to see what the power change is from say 28. I ve never done it, so Ill try it.

6 degrees should turn the exhuats a nice red though.

If you asked me, whats in an engine, I d say I dont know, or something like...

its a 6.0 with 4.0 crank, .022 over so its a 405with a 12cc dish. Its got a 248/256 630/610 cam on a 118.5 and ported 317's that flowed 343 @600. Is taht so hard? 3 lines instead of 3 posts saying nothing?

OK i get it i thought you were infering theres no way there pulling down these numbers. actually you wanted to know how they got there for somthing your building.

so that answers questions a and b

c) engine size : ok as far as i know without calling bruce @ cbm it is a 4" stroke with 6.2 liter standard bore

or aka ls3 most cbm 415s start with an ls3 block. the lq9 is the iron 6 liter ( of course ) so it is bored to accept the ls3 sized bore .

heads they are a desighn by cbm there cnc heads of there desighn . i do not know how they flow or valve size but as capt said bruce @ cbm would be happy to give you those demensions. they have 2 different head desighns that they use. and i believe the bigger head is of the square port desighn ls7 head. and yes they do flow incredably well . capts intake will not even fit on my heads. i believe they use an ls2 desighned head on his motor.

d) the cam the cam on my motor they call a texas big cam it is a long duration type cam. ( i never asked for specs thus i do not know them. however what i do know is this profile used plays on the fact that the ls motors seem to perform best with long duration. operating range on the cam is 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm hp/tq cross at around 5300 rpm. the motor pulls solidly all the way to the rev limiter set @ 7000 rpm

E) capts car runs a long duration cam but not as radical as mine seems to pull from 2000 on up according to capt. i havnt driven his car yet so i dont know the exact ranges he is operating in.

f) i beleive the 4.125 stroked crank put the cubes at 425 ci with the 6.3 standard bore.

g) http://www.cbmmotorsports.com/index.html that is the websight to cbm there number is there as well. to get any more additional info

H) chris bland is very protective of programing tunes he uses on these motors but i do know he doesnt reserve them strictly for his motors. si i have absolutuely no answers to your timing or fuel questions in the computer.

I) of course theres a wrist pin to piston resetting on the stroke. unfortunately i do not know what pistons they used.

j) that i think, sums it up as far as what i know. but you will find there nice people over there so feel free to call them.

i hope this helps

bfb

here is the link to the spec sheet that they advertise it isnt very detailed however

http://www.cbmmotorsports.com/Products/415.html

Edited by barefoot bob