EARTH HOUR (TONIGHT)

Sincity_blondie

Im not sure if everyone is aware of the pretty spectacular thing thats actually already started around the world. I think its pretty awesome and thought Id share.

Tonight the strip hotels will darken all outside marquees from 8:30-9:30 to highlight the threat of climate change. This is the first time EVER the strip and downtown will have outside lights shut off for an entire hour. Also the Welcome to Las Vegas sign on the strip will be shut off, which has never happened. Attached is the story. So everyone who wants to participate, turn off your lights from 8:30-9:30 and check out the valley, bet its going to look pretty interesting compared to what it normally looks! Probably going to almost look like a blackout?

http://news.aol.com/article/earth-hour-lig...ts-out%2F402503

Check it out!

Edited by Sincity_blondie

it is tonight :D

this morning was like my earth our. :?:

my power went out for 2 hrs this morning right when i woke up. :beercheers:

i couldnt take a shower no lights, couldnt open garage no power lol, so i decided to wash my truck lol that took 2hrs almost.

:driver: pissed me off no power for 2 hrs so i did my part already :P lol. i might still do earth hour

thats all i had to say lol :DDRrocks:

I slept like a baby through the whole thing but then again baby's don't do shots of aftershock w/ tabasco. So I guess it was like lights out for about 10 hrs for me... glad to do my part LOL

:bump:

and the part they dont tell you.... it consumes almost twice as much power in alot of situations to turn everything back on as it would have to just leave the lights on. There were also several pictures taken of mr green himself AL GORES house with all of his lights on.

Edited by OGP

and the part they dont tell you.... it consumes almost twice as much power in alot of situations to turn everything back on as it would have to just leave the lights on. There were also several pictures taken of mr green himself AL GORES house with all of his lights on.

:bump: and time and date.

We did our part, BBQ some cabobs, burned candles, hung out by the fire pit. Good times.