eliminating the park brake BS on Raptor 660's

dunefreak

I don't know why I didn't do this a LONG azz time ago. :laughoff:

As everyone knows those park brakes are the worst idea ever on the Raptor 660's. They never work and when they do they usually stick.

So I picked up a new MSR EZ pull clutch perch from Ebay for only about 25 bucks. :dunno:

I feel like I just removed about 100 pounds of absolute chit from my quad tonight. :lol:

What a difference! :lol: Cheap, easy bolt-on bike improvements are the best. :lol:

BEFORE :lol:

post-3-1239774525_thumb.jpg

AFTER

post-3-1239774679_thumb.jpg

This thing is nice. It has a super easy cable adjustment too.

post-3-1239774724_thumb.jpg

:poop: :lol:

post-3-1239774768_thumb.jpg

Looks good! I've been wanting to do this on my 450. Did you just unplug the wires coming from the oem perch? no splicing?

yep I just unplugged them. Bike still starts so I didn't worry about having to do anything else. :D

sweeet.. Now you got a twist throttle to install and the same clutch perch on the other raptor to get it ready for next season :P

twist throttle is already on the blue raptor. I did that last night as well. :DDRrocks::yiah: And yeah, I was gonna order another one of these perches/ levers for the blue rappy as well. I just wanted to wait and see if it was worth it before buying two of them. :D

Next season? Shiat, these bikes will see plenty of sand and trails the next couple months. :watching:

100lbs huh...no wonder my ltr is faster than Pauly Pauls :kitty:

I don't have an ltr and not sure how that pertains to this since I have a Raptor. I said "feels like" 100lbs of chit and didn't mean it literally weighed 100 lbs. I'm just glad all that chit is off my bike now. It bugged the hell out of me. :pissed:

I don't have an ltr and not sure how that pertains to this since I have a Raptor. I said "feels like" 100lbs of chit and didn't mean it literally weighed 100 lbs. I'm just glad all that chit is off my bike now. It bugged the hell out of me. :beerpint:

:dope: It was a joke directed at Pauly Paul.... I have an LTR and the parking brake has been removed. Pauly Paul who rides super fast has an LTR which has a parking brake, we raced last weekend and mine is faster, so we were trying to figure out why :beerpint: .

I'll be putting the parking brake back on mine and switching out the control unit along with my bars and grips, maybe I'll take some pics and post a new thread about it :idea: .

:shoot: Oh yeah...Wingnut where is my control unit :clown: :beerpint: .